Railroad Line Forums - Gauley River Rwy
Railroad Line Forums
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Sponsors   Support the RRLine   Guestbook   FAQ     Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Live Chat | Avatar Legend | Search | Statistics
Photo Album | File Lister | File Library
[ Active Members: 10 | Anonymous Members: 1 | Guests: 73 ]  [ Total: 84 ]  [ Newest Member: ajkwings ]
 All Forums
 Model Railroad Forums
 The On30 Line
 Gauley River Rwy
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: Hey gang.....I havent given up on ON30. Topic Next Topic: Water Car
Page: of 35

Sully
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 07/22/2009 :  10:54:39 AM  Show Profile  Visit Sully's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Finally getting to posting my new trackplan...the room size is 18'x 20'approx. with "the closet" an additional 3'x 20'. The closet will be "the woods" and will contain a couple of loading spurs and a small coal tipple. The coal will flow down the mountain to Summersville yard and be burned down to coke. The sawmill is the largest structure on the layout. I'm debating whether or not to bring in a std. gauge B&O line to interchange at Summersville. If I do I'll have a couple of On30 engines to sell.

Download Attachment: Picture 009.jpg
156.51 KB

jcoop
Fireman

Posted - 07/22/2009 :  12:29:25 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Tom,

I am debating the same thing about the interchange. I really like the idea of having a std gauge line next to the narrow guage for a side by side compairison, but not sure I have the room.

Sitting along side the orignal Central Pacific Rail Road.

Home of The Great On30 Barn Meet, that will be held May 17th 2014

vamodeler
Engine Wiper

Posted - 07/24/2009 :  2:40:31 PM  Show Profile  Visit vamodeler's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Tom,

Good to see you back on the list! Great progress by the way.

I think you can add some of the interchange without taking up too much space. You don't need to show the whole interchange but could just include the "transfer" area or siding. This would allow for some std gauge cars to be on the layout for contrast and indicate that the outgoing traffic is going going "somewhere".

Please keep us updated with your progress and when your Oct. meet might be.

Cheers!
Brian

My Website: http://sites.google.com/site/deercreekandlaurelry/

Sully
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 07/24/2009 :  4:51:27 PM  Show Profile  Visit Sully's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I think I can work in a std. gauge siding so I can ship finished lumber out on the B&O...maybe a twin hopper of coke as well. If I can find a reasonably priced GP 7 or 9 I'd paint it for B&O and power the trackage. It would add a lot of realism to the whole WVa concept.

BigLars
Engineer

Premium Member

Posted - 07/24/2009 :  7:28:35 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Coooooool!!!!!!!!!!
I was thinking of interchanging with an ON3 RR but a proto 1/48 geep would be interesting to see. Think you can get that done beforr October?

Larry
CEO Tagish & Marsh Lake RR
CFO Yukon Northern RR
COO JR Mining

Sully
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 07/25/2009 :  9:57:07 PM  Show Profile  Visit Sully's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Installed the switchback trackage and powered each section of flextrack. Dropped frog feeders and now have to decide on frog control. Nice to be back in some operation.
The #2 climax ran the first cut of logs down to the sawmill from Nettie station. Crew was visably excited as the dropped down the switchback.....not much to prevent a nasty fall!

Sully
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 07/25/2009 :  10:01:08 PM  Show Profile  Visit Sully's Homepage  Reply with Quote
forgot to post the shots!

kirk
Fireman

Posted - 07/26/2009 :  01:05:30 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sorry about the drop... and hope damage was limited... I'm having nightmares still of my trains falling the 55 in to the concrete. Your train looks the part though. You are at the same fun stage as I am it seems! Enjoy!

Troels Kirk
Näsum, Sweden
http://coastline.no13.se

Sully
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 07/26/2009 :  09:15:01 AM  Show Profile  Visit Sully's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Troels....I may have confused you...there was no "drop" thank goodness....it was the train crew that were worried about the fall...all is well!

Bill Uffelman
Crew Chief

Posted - 07/26/2009 :  09:25:43 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
If not a GP then an NW or SW or earlier switcher on the SG. Even an F3 would look good. The All Nation 4-6-0 was B&O inspired. Get a P:48 wheel conversion so it can run on Code 100 rail for the SG siding.

Bill Uffelman
Usually Las Vegas NV

Sully
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 08/02/2009 :  5:45:40 PM  Show Profile  Visit Sully's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Got some work done today on the Gauley River Rwy. This is the top of the switchback which heads into the closet addition.

in this shot you see I've reused the screenwire and ground foam backdrop I had on the old layout. It's simply glued to the wall with hot glue.

BigLars
Engineer

Premium Member

Posted - 08/02/2009 :  10:42:39 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Oh boy Tom, I am getting all excited about coming to you big open house!

Larry
CEO Tagish & Marsh Lake RR
CFO Yukon Northern RR
COO JR Mining

quarryman
Fireman

Posted - 08/03/2009 :  09:05:13 AM  Show Profile  Visit quarryman's Homepage  Reply with Quote
That must be Tight-Eye Patelski bringing the first logs down the switchback ... nerves of steel!

Mark

Visit my Piedmont & East Blue Ridge Railroad
http://www.eastblueridge.com

andykins
Fireman

Posted - 08/03/2009 :  10:10:10 AM  Show Profile  Visit andykins's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Tom Sullivan

Troels....I may have confused you...there was no "drop" thank goodness....it was the train crew that were worried about the fall...all is well!

as often said "the 1st step is a big un' "

Just a fan
Engine Wiper

Posted - 08/03/2009 :  10:16:26 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by quarryman

That must be Tight-Eye Patelski bringing the first logs down the switchback ... nerves of steel!

Mark

Ah! Smell the brake smoke!

Page: of 35 Previous Topic: Hey gang.....I havent given up on ON30. Topic Next Topic: Water Car  
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-14 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 0.7 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000