Railroad Line Forums - siera west kits
Railroad Line Forums
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Sponsors   Support the RRLine   Guestbook   FAQ     Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Live Chat | Avatar Legend | Search | Statistics
Photo Album | File Lister | File Library
[ Active Members: 7 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 264 ]  [ Total: 271 ]  [ Newest Member: Bigs704 ]
 All Forums
 Model Railroad Forums
 Mike Chambers' Craftsman's Corner
 siera west kits
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Previous Topic: SRM Thorndike Mills with a Western Twist Topic Next Topic: The well-equipped shop?  

lemkerailroad1
Crew Chief

Premium Member

Posted - 06/20/2009 :  7:38:12 PM  Show Profile  Send lemkerailroad1 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
hay guys, i have been here for a bit but just reading and noy posting much, i am recieving my siera west kits for the lumber mill and looking forward to getting these put together but i am a real novice when it comes to wood structures, i modeled in ho and n doing steel mill complexes which were awsome but know nothing about wood, does anyone have these wood kits from siera west put together and can someone post up pics if they do and be available for q&a if i need answers

thanks guys, and time to hit the bbq

dave
On30 Dave
seen on G+, YOUTUBE and FB

Philip
Fireman

Posted - 06/20/2009 :  8:52:48 PM  Show Profile  Visit Philip's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Welcome Dave,

Here is a start. plenty of pictures and discussion.

http://www.railroad-line.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=4895&whichpage=1

hon3_rr
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 06/20/2009 :  8:58:32 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Or you can go to the current Saw Mill build by two great modelers: The Dueling Builds - SWSM Twin Mills at Deer Creek at http://www.railroad-line.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=24460

-- KP --
Life is to short to build all of the models I want to.

Brian Smith
Engine Wiper

Posted - 06/20/2009 :  11:42:59 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Welcome Dave,

I concur with Philip and KP. I don't have the Twin Mills, but I've built (or am working on) several others with another half dozen waiting in the wings. My best advice is to take your time, study the instructions carefully and read the forum discussions. I think you'll really enjoy building the Twin Mills (and any other Sierra West kit that strikes your fancy).

Brian Smith, Gen Mgr
CB&T Pacific RR

onl26
Fireman

Posted - 06/20/2009 :  11:56:14 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hey Dave
I'm currently building the Sierra West Railroad camp and would be happy to help in any way I can. If you look at the construction thread index there are numerous SW kit builds.
You have access to a wealth of knowledge on this forum and many great modelers that are always ready to help.
Kevin

lemkerailroad1
Crew Chief

Premium Member

Posted - 06/21/2009 :  03:47:56 AM  Show Profile  Send lemkerailroad1 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
thanks guys i will have to check the constrution threads out, see the problem is that the train club i belong to their is no one in On30 so their not willing to help out as much, its a shame cause i have done some great modeling of ho and n scales doing steel mill stuff

thanks again though for all the great advise

dave

On30 Dave
seen on G+, YOUTUBE and FB

Zephyrus52246
Engine Wiper

Posted - 06/21/2009 :  1:01:02 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
If you've not built many of these type of kits before, try the Tool Shed by Sierra West. I have a thread on the "other" forum about it. http://kitforums.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=1010&hilit=+tool+shed

I also built the Duluth Company http://kitforums.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=1626&hilit=+duluth

These builds were really fun and I think Brett's kits are great.

Jeff

Bbags
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 06/21/2009 :  1:56:24 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by lemkerailroad1

thanks guys i will have to check the constrution threads out, see the problem is that the train club i belong to their is no one in On30 so their not willing to help out as much, its a shame cause i have done some great modeling of ho and n scales doing steel mill stuff

thanks again though for all the great advise

dave

Dave,
If you want to remain here on Railroad-Line here is a link to a thread with almost all the construction threads ever posted.

Go to the letter S and you will see many different construction threads listed for Sierra West kits.

http://www.railroad-line.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=12859

Just a little bit of history, Railroad-Line really started to grow in the initial stages of the forum when some of us started with a construction thread for Foss' Landing.
As they say once that thread took off the rest is history.

John Bagley
Modeling the Alaska Railroad in HO in Wildwood Georgia.

sierrawest
Engine Wiper

Posted - 06/22/2009 :  08:47:44 AM  Show Profile  Visit sierrawest's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hey Dave: Don't forget you can always call me... happy to answer any questions as often as they arrive.

Brett

hon3_rr
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 06/22/2009 :  08:56:27 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Dave, Customer service dosen't get any better than that.

-- KP --
Life is to short to build all of the models I want to.

Previous Topic: SRM Thorndike Mills with a Western Twist Topic Next Topic: The well-equipped shop?  
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-2020 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 0.38 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000