Railroad Line Forums - more Radical Flats
Railroad Line Forums
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Sponsors   Support the RRLine   Guestbook   FAQ     Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Live Chat | Avatar Legend | Search | Statistics
Photo Album | File Lister | File Library
[ Active Members: 8 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 117 ]  [ Total: 125 ]  [ Newest Member: Gary Hannibal ]
 All Forums
 Sponsor Forums
 KingMill Enterprises
 more Radical Flats
 Forum Locked | 
Author Previous Topic: Green Cove in May Model Railroader Topic Next Topic: New Product line - Radical Flats !  

cj8n
Engine Wiper

Posted - 03/08/2009 :  1:48:43 PM  Show Profile  Visit cj8n's Homepage  Send cj8n an AOL message
Over the next day or so we'll be posting new Radical Flats on our web site. These new ones have some great detail like metal roofs!

I'll post another email when they are up on the site.

Chris

Peterpools
Engineer

Posted - 03/08/2009 :  1:52:14 PM  Show Profile  Visit Peterpools's Homepage
Chris
Just what the doctor ordered. Looking forward to seeing the whole range of new radical backgrounds and adding a bunch to the Brick Canyon Railroad.
Peter
BCT

MarkF
Engineer

Premium Member

Posted - 03/10/2009 :  10:35:49 AM  Show Profile
Having used these on Harso's layout, I can attest firsthand to the quality of these backdrops! Excellent buildings that don't look like 'flats' at all. I will be using them on my layout as well. Thanks Chris!

Mark

cj8n
Engine Wiper

Posted - 03/10/2009 :  3:01:12 PM  Show Profile  Visit cj8n's Homepage  Send cj8n an AOL message
Come and get'em!

Here are the four new Radical Flats backdrops.

HO scale
http://www.kingmill.com/shop/product_info.php?products_id=189

N scale
http://www.kingmill.com/shop/product_info.php?products_id=188

Chris Jessee

deemery
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 04/12/2009 :  7:47:40 PM  Show Profile
One of the great new things in the Radical Flats line are 'smaller than HO scale' flats. Here I'm using them to get some depth in the scene. They're mounted onto mat board and I will go back and darken the matboard edges with a dark gray marker.

The DPM modular flat in the middle behind the roundhouse is leaning against the backdrop. Those are 'Radical Flats' segments to either side of it. When I 'flesh out' the building that's currently a flat to the right side, and add a bit of trees, etc, to break up the flow, this scene should have really good depth.

The only problem I've had with these is that I lost one segment when I leaned it up against the back wall, and it slipped down behind the benchwork..

dave

Modeling 1890s (because the voices in my head told me to)

Rick
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 04/12/2009 :  7:57:28 PM  Show Profile
Chris, I've recently seen some of these at a friends house and they look great.

As you think, so will you be.

Previous Topic: Green Cove in May Model Railroader Topic Next Topic: New Product line - Radical Flats !  
 Forum Locked | 
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-17 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 0.22 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000