Railroad Line Forums - RGS RICO ENGINE HOUSE
Railroad Line Forums
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Sponsors   Support the RRLine   Guestbook   FAQ     Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Live Chat | Avatar Legend | Search | Statistics
Photo Album | File Lister | File Library
[ Active Members: 1 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 93 ]  [ Total: 94 ]  [ Newest Member: Dakkon ]
 All Forums
 Model Railroad Forums
 The On30 Line
 RGS RICO ENGINE HOUSE
Next Page
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Previous Topic: Running ON30 Brass. Topic Next Topic: Accucraft Box Cars received???
Page: of 2

PILOT
Section Hand

Posted - 03/02/2009 :  9:34:10 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
HI fellows,I've made my first attemp at laying brick alway used wood in past any input would be helpful. THANKS RICK

Download Attachment: DSCF0001.JPG
131 KB

Download Attachment: DSCF0004.JPG
123.51 KB

Download Attachment: DSCF0005.JPG
128.16 KB

Download Attachment: DSCF0007.JPG
128.46 KB

Download Attachment: DSCF0008.JPG
125.44 KB

Download Attachment: DSCF0009.JPG
128.62 KB

Frederic Testard
Engineer

Premium Member

Posted - 03/03/2009 :  04:08:06 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It looks very nice, Rick. Did you build it from scratch?

Rick
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 03/03/2009 :  06:34:56 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Rick, I've never seen bricks done better. Well done. O scale?

BigLars
Engineer

Premium Member

Posted - 03/03/2009 :  08:17:05 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Rick,
Your building looks wonderful can you give us some more details on the construction?

My current build:
http://www.railroad-line.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=50375

railphotog
Fireman

Posted - 03/03/2009 :  08:41:32 AM  Show Profile  Visit railphotog's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Perhaps someone can point out the thread that shows how to have photos included in threads rather than having to open each one separately? Also photos are supposed to be limited to 80kb.

Bob Boudreau
My model railroad photography website:
http://sites.google.com/site/railphotog/

Geezer
Engineer

Posted - 03/03/2009 :  08:51:35 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Excellent work....nice detail on the door....But, I still like wood better. (Personal preference)
Interested to see the outcome .....

The Geezer

scott
Fireman

Posted - 03/03/2009 :  09:09:08 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Great looking walls Rick!! I really like the way the mortar shows in between the brick coursers!! How bout some details on how you did the bricks and mortar joints. I'm always on the look out for different techniques on how to do it better. Good Job!!!

Scott, from the wilds of Carroll County, Ohio

elwoodblues
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 03/03/2009 :  09:22:14 AM  Show Profile  Visit elwoodblues's Homepage  Send elwoodblues a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Rick, No input here, those walls look great, I also would be interested in knowing how it was done, great work.

Ron Newby
General Manager
Clearwater Valley Railway Co.
http://cvry.ca

PILOT
Section Hand

Posted - 03/03/2009 :  09:32:22 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks for the good marks on brick job, I did build it from scratch and plan on scratching all my structrues as most art on market.I used gator board for wall and covered with paper creek brick except arches over windows, for the arches i went to town a took pictures of arches till i found one that work out to the brick color then just tried to balance the color.The windows were scratched useing Grandt as a starting point and adding arch and sill.I'm planning on a removable roof at least half but do'nt know how to keep it to scale as it not a truss type roof , its not got a lot of pitch and has 52 2x12 rafters with sky lights,smoke jackes and full leight ridge vent I'LL get it just have to work it out.As for the 80Kb I was unaware and I though I had camria set up right but being that taking pictures is not my stroung point maybe someone could tell me how to cure the problem.I had my camera format set to shoot at .3 I'm lost as to set kb. Thank you guys

Rick
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 03/03/2009 :  09:48:19 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Rick, check this thread out to learn how to post pictures so they show directly in the thread: http://www.railroad-line.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=15110

Also, the size of your pictures are fine. They're a little bigger than the suggested 100kb, but they're close enough. Bob should check the size of the last picture he posted in this months photo thread.

TRAINS1941
Engineer

Premium Member

Posted - 03/03/2009 :  10:06:19 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Rick

Nice job looking forward to you movingg ahead with the project.

Jerry

Jerry

"And in the end, itís not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years." A. Lincoln

Bbags
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 03/03/2009 :  12:37:17 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi,
I replied to your question in the other thread since I don't model in On30 and missed this thread.
As Rick says your pictures are fine and they show to be 640 by 480 pixels which is commonly used by members here as the size for posting pictures.
Also you will find that you could even go larger without having to scroll across the screen to see the picture.

I agree with Rick, use the thread that explains how to have the picture show up in the thread for you are almost to that point and with a few clicks of the mouse you can do this.

I am one of those on dial-up that has problems with large pictures but yours loaded fine.

John Bagley
Modeling the Alaska Railroad in HO in Wildwood Georgia.

Rick
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 03/03/2009 :  1:26:58 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Bbags

I don't model in On30 and missed this thread.

And don't think we haven't tried hard to recruit him.

PILOT
Section Hand

Posted - 03/03/2009 :  4:07:34 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks again for the information I'll read up and on the site so I can be within the guide lines, I'm not making excuses but I'm not the most computer smart guy, just takes a kick now and then. Rick

Bbags
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 03/03/2009 :  4:57:43 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Rick

quote:
Originally posted by Bbags

I don't model in On30 and missed this thread.

And don't think we haven't tried hard to recruit him.

Rick,

The other Rick.
Glad the problem is fixed and I know how it is to feel frustrated when the computer just does not seem to understand what we are trying to do.

As for the pictures as one who is on dial-up the problem isn't always the size of the pictures (I can as I said view yours with no problem and actually up to 150 KB is generally not a problem and your largest is 131KB) but the number posted at one time.

While I enjoy seeing the pictures show up in a thread there are times when I prefer the links.
If a large number of pictures are posted to a page then for those on dial-up the computer will time out before the page loads completely.
So while clicking on each link is somewhat of a pain at least I get to see all the pictures that way.

I forgot to mention in all this great looking model you are constructing even if is a bit on the large size for my tastes.

John Bagley
Modeling the Alaska Railroad in HO in Wildwood Georgia.

PILOT
Section Hand

Posted - 05/02/2009 :  9:29:00 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
HI ALL,when I first posted the engine house I had trouble with picture posting and have held back as I didn't want to just take up space, I'm further along and ready to try again , hear is what i've got so far. The chain fall as well as the sanding system and lamp shades as are all my design and there is over 300 parts in rough structur and still working on smoke jacks and ridge vent.I've got a small machine shop and repair area as the RGS did start doing some of there repair work after it went into therecievers hands before that D&RG did most.Hear goes
RICK

Page: of 2 Previous Topic: Running ON30 Brass. Topic Next Topic: Accucraft Box Cars received???  
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Next Page
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-19 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 0.48 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000