Railroad Line Forums - Revelia Cannery
Railroad Line Forums
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Sponsors   Support the RRLine   Guestbook   FAQ     Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Live Chat | Avatar Legend | Search | Statistics
Photo Album | File Lister | File Library
[ Active Members: 1 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 79 ]  [ Total: 80 ]  [ Newest Member: CNR 6218 ]
 All Forums
 Model Railroad Forums
 Mike Chambers' Craftsman's Corner
 Revelia Cannery
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Previous Topic: Christophe Le Corres machines Topic Next Topic: Rich White Models - O Scale Hydrocal Kits??
Page: of 11

Mario Rapinett
Fireman

Posted - 01/20/2009 :  11:13:36 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
G'day Paul

As I mentioned once about the 3 bears.

O scale is slightly too small....

G scale is slightly too big...

but

1:32....... is just right...
regards

"Goldilocks"

Mario Rapinett
Fireman

Posted - 01/21/2009 :  12:01:09 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Mike Hamer

Hi Mario, looks super! I love the varying elevations. Certainly will make a fabulous looking model when completed.

G'day Mike

As an architectural designer, the roof lines on the original model captured my imagination.

You will probably notice a few additions such as a FSM enclosed , external staircase and dormer windows...

I intend to super detail the project, one day , including my backside of the structure...

By the way....
most of you guys know how much timber is used when building a wharf in HO scale

http://www.modvid.com.au/html/body_northfield.html

well 1:32 scale, the wharf is about 4 foot long and 3 feet wide. @#$%$$#

http://www.modvid.com.au/html/body_revelia_wharf.html

cheers

Frederic Testard
Engineer

Premium Member

Posted - 01/21/2009 :  5:01:19 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks for the link, Mario. It's really an outstanding diorama, and I wanted to have some of my French friends discover this great work.
Your Northfield project seems quite interesting too.

TRAINS1941
Engineer

Premium Member

Posted - 01/21/2009 :  5:13:35 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
"M"

Nice job. Your right it will be big. Regardless of what Dave says Great Name!!!
Looking forward to more pictures.

Jerry

Jerry

"And in the end, itís not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years." A. Lincoln

Mario Rapinett
Fireman

Posted - 01/23/2009 :  9:02:24 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I stained most of the cladding last night ( no pics yet ).

The other day.. the TAR PAPER was completed and was undecided what colour to add. However, I just recieved some info from Rick ( thanks mate ).. The Reddish colour might work... best I do trail. This roof will be covered with something else one day, but not sure with what.

Project Objective: I'm trying to achieve variation in cladding, roof finishes, colour and 360 deg mini scenes...

here are a few more pics....

http://www.modvid.com.au/html/body_revelia_cannery.html

cheers all

Mario

PS.. I will start to create additional web pages for this project, only showing new work..

Peterpools
Engineer

Posted - 01/24/2009 :  01:42:22 AM  Show Profile  Visit Peterpools's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Mario
Big isn't the word. I tinkered around with 1/32nd scale last summer on the Forum and painted a number of wonderful 54mm figures. There isn't anything like working in 1/2nd scale but I just didn't have the room to continue the planned RR but Oh, the possibilities. Looking forward to following along and as always, picking up lots of new tips and techniques.
Peter
BCT

Mario Rapinett
Fireman

Posted - 01/24/2009 :  04:38:50 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Peterpools

Mario
Big isn't the word. I tinkered around with 1/32nd scale last summer on the Forum and painted a number of wonderful 54mm figures. There isn't anything like working in 1/2nd scale but I just didn't have the room to continue the planned RR but Oh, the possibilities. Looking forward to following along and as always, picking up lots of new tips and techniques.
Peter
BCT

Hi Peter

I never plan to build a large scale RR, but as you know, I enjoy playing around with the big stuff. I learn a few tricks along the way "by accident" in most cases and I'm never in a hurry to finish anything. Just happy to do something, when I have a spare minute...

I remember those figures you were painting. It's fun doing the finer side of figure detail. I think that's how Dave Revelia started out , but he went crazy in the end with even the bigger stuff..

Rick.... well mate..

I spent the day doing the roof....

. our phone call worked, regarding the roof colour......

http://www.modvid.com.au/html/body_revelia__1_.html

cheers all

"M"

Mario Rapinett
Fireman

Posted - 02/02/2009 :  04:55:36 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Firstly... thanks for the input guys.....

Here is an update.......

http://www.modvid.com.au/html/body_revelia__1_.html

Mario

Edited by - Mario Rapinett on 02/02/2009 06:12:51 AM

Peterpools
Engineer

Posted - 02/02/2009 :  07:08:06 AM  Show Profile  Visit Peterpools's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Mario
Wonderful progress and your ability to 'bring us into the build' through your website is so very much appreciated. I totally agree that 1/32nd scale is the 'best' all around scale and in my long ago scale modeling days (IPMS) I was almost strictly a 1/32nd scale man. Looking forward to the next set of update progress photos.
Peter
BCT

Rick
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 02/02/2009 :  07:32:57 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Mario, I like the roof color. Looks good. Please keep the progress pictures coming.

Frederic Testard
Engineer

Premium Member

Posted - 02/02/2009 :  6:23:37 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Very nice progress on the cannery, Mario. Your technique for painting the windows sounds interesting, and probably much easier to manage than the traditionnal paint + sand + paint + sand ... on this kind of tiny castings. The board and batten finish looks very nice.

Mario Rapinett
Fireman

Posted - 02/03/2009 :  12:46:42 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Peter... thanks mate. I'm so into this project at the moment. During the week I visited various hardware stores and hobby shops looking for and purchasing various timber sizes for the wharf. Not happy with non of the timber, but will decided soon. Might be easier if I cut my own, but couldn't be bothered at this stage.... It sure is a whole new experience doing a project this size and detail. Frankly, as we say in the building industry... it's all "Design & Construct".. making changes as you go... and finding out, that the costs and budget could blow out..

Frederic... the window painting techique was sort of planned and sort of by accident...but I'm very happy with the finishes....just another , of many methods we all come up with, on occassions.
Board n batten is something I have always wanted to do... BUT uses a lot of good timber... my stocks are running low..

Rick... well mate.....that's the colour you suggested and I'm really happy with it.... blends in well with the brownish timber cladding... I still have some weathering to do on it, but that will come, many moons from now... By the way... what is the longest length of tar paper.. I was thinking of "cutting in" joins. I also will need to do this with the timber cladding... then add the usual nail holes, splitting. etc....

Well back to making my "buoys".....

cheers all

Mario Rapinett
Fireman

Posted - 02/04/2009 :  06:01:33 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi all

need your help

could you share some signs that might be applicable around seaports, wharfs, etc....

and attach them on this thread.

much appreciate it

Mario

Download Attachment: m_Aa 180.jpg
62.03 KB

Peterpools
Engineer

Posted - 02/04/2009 :  06:44:04 AM  Show Profile  Visit Peterpools's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Mario
Neat looking sign but the web address needs to go.
I normally use the sign thread here on the forum or just surf a while looking for appropriate signs. Sorry I can't help out with any goodies.
Peter
BCT

Mario Rapinett
Fireman

Posted - 02/04/2009 :  07:23:44 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Peter. I've got a few signs that have to be cropped. Buying a new colour printer just for signs.. that's another hobby in itself...

cheers mate

Page: of 11 Previous Topic: Christophe Le Corres machines Topic Next Topic: Rich White Models - O Scale Hydrocal Kits??  
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-19 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 0.44 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000