Railroad Line Forums - Let's see some of your Non-RR Photos! Pt 2
Railroad Line Forums
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Sponsors   Support the RRLine   Guestbook   FAQ     Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Live Chat | Avatar Legend | Search | Statistics
Photo Album | File Lister | File Library
[ Active Members: 2 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 152 ]  [ Total: 154 ]  [ Newest Member: rkovvur ]
 All Forums
 Model Railroad Forums
 Railroad Photography Forum
 Let's see some of your Non-RR Photos! Pt 2
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Previous Topic: White Pass & Yukon photo advice Topic Next Topic: The Gallery: June 18 Rolling Stock
Page: of 47

LVN
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 12/11/2008 :  08:09:13 AM  Show Profile  Visit LVN's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Nice shot Bob. As for the snow you can have ours.

Chris Lyon
http://www.lyonvalleynorthern.blogspot.com

RichBeau
Fireman

Posted - 12/12/2008 :  9:44:26 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
As usual the folks on the forum have some wonderful views of everyday occurrences!

Bob your "lonely plant remnant sticking out of the fresh snow" is very delicate, has great lighting and is well composed. Nice work.

--Rich B.

Edited by - RichBeau on 12/12/2008 9:53:27 PM

RichBeau
Fireman

Posted - 12/12/2008 :  9:52:15 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm not sure how this will come out but since MikeC is offline I thought I'd post something to uphold the film end of things...

This was taken a long time ago using Ilford B&W film.
It's near a place called called Abbotts Lagoon in Point Reyes National Seashore, California.

--Rich B.

Edited by - RichBeau on 12/12/2008 9:54:35 PM

Jim T
Fireman

Posted - 12/12/2008 :  10:19:53 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

I'd say it came out just fine, Rich.

Jim

deemery
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 12/13/2008 :  10:50:36 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
RichB: ...since MikeC is offline I thought I'd post something to uphold the film end of things...

I'll take that as a challenge, and provide the following. This is the Roman aqueduct at Segovia, Spain (north of Madrid.) This apparently dates to sometime in the late 1st century (Wikipedia, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aqueduct_of_Segovia says during the reign of Vespasian), and provided the water supply to the castle (Alcazar) well into the 20th century.

If you look carefully, you'll see the indents on the stones that were used by the hoisting mechanism. This worked exactly like ice tongs used to carry ice.

(I took this in our 2nd vacation to Spain in 1999, using my Minolta X-700 manual camera and if I remember right, Ilford ISO 400 B&W film.)

dave

Modeling 1890s (because the voices in my head told me to)

Edited by - deemery on 12/13/2008 10:56:17 AM

RichBeau
Fireman

Posted - 12/13/2008 :  11:09:07 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks Jim
And a great posting Dave.
Brings back some memories as I've seen that thing.
Plus let's meake it a sort of challenge for awhile.
Anyone else got some old B&W shots?
--Rich B.

railphotog
Fireman

Posted - 12/13/2008 :  1:45:54 PM  Show Profile  Visit railphotog's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Don't have very many B&Ws in my computer, here's one from 1977. Shot out of the front door of our house at the time:

Bob Boudreau
My model railroad photography website:
http://sites.google.com/site/railphotog/

railphotog
Fireman

Posted - 12/14/2008 :  09:07:24 AM  Show Profile  Visit railphotog's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Moon shot! Got this one of the moon Saturday evening. Friday actually was day that the moon was the closest to earth during the year, but it was overcast then, so I took this on Saturday. Nice and clear, and cold too!

Used my Canon XSi, Canon 75-300mm IS lens, hand held, 1/400 @ f/10, 400 ISO. Did some contrast adjustment and applied the unsharp mask tool in Paint Sho Pro XI. The moon is only a small part of the central portion of the digital image; that's where more megapixels come in handy, an image can be severely cropped and there is still enough for a decent photo.

Bob Boudreau
My model railroad photography website:
http://sites.google.com/site/railphotog/

Peterpools
Engineer

Posted - 12/14/2008 :  09:36:49 AM  Show Profile  Visit Peterpools's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Bob
Two very nice images. The lightning is especially captivating. Of course, I was going to say ...electrifying but that must be well worn out by now.
Peter
BCT

CieloVistaRy
Fireman

Posted - 12/14/2008 :  11:57:07 AM  Show Profile  Send CieloVistaRy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Thanks Rich.. always did enjoy this thread.. especially the travel pictures..

Arthur

Arthur

http://www.railroad-line.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=40645

kirk
Fireman

Posted - 12/14/2008 :  3:33:38 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Love this retro b/w film theme... brings back the fumes of Neutol developer in the red lighted darkroom of my youth... I must get more of that old stuff scanned...

Here's one of my Saint Bernhard dog as a pup, 32 years ago. She's long gone, but was a sweet, huge lump. Mamiya C330 twin lens (interchangeable!)6x6 cm with 135mm and tri-x.

Troels Kirk
Näsum, Sweden

Peterpools
Engineer

Posted - 12/14/2008 :  6:01:46 PM  Show Profile  Visit Peterpools's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Kirk
Beautiful puppy. The photo must bring back fond memories.
Peter
BCT

Frederic Testard
Engineer

Premium Member

Posted - 12/14/2008 :  6:50:18 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Bob, your pics of the storm and the moon are wonderful. The amount of details of the moon surface visible in your shot is quite amazing.

Rick
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 12/14/2008 :  9:14:56 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Lots of excellent B&W pics posted lately.

I don't have any B&W's film pics to share and I have only converted a small handful of my digital shots to B&W.

That changed today. I met up with Rich Beaubien and couple of his friends in "The City" today and did a walk around photo shoot. Rich and his friends blow me out of the water when it comes to this type of photography. They must have taken 25 pictures for every one that I got off. You need to be fast and it takes practice.

I did get a couple of keepers though. Here is one of them.

Jim T
Fireman

Posted - 12/14/2008 :  9:33:07 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Geeez, you guys are killing me with these great pictures. Definitely see a better camera in my future.

Jim

Page: of 47 Previous Topic: White Pass & Yukon photo advice Topic Next Topic: The Gallery: June 18 Rolling Stock  
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic | 
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-19 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 0.45 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000