Railroad Line Forums - Let's see some of your Non-RR Photos! Pt 2
Railroad Line Forums
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Sponsors   Support the RRLine   Guestbook   FAQ     Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Live Chat | Avatar Legend | Search | Statistics
Photo Album | File Lister | File Library
[ Active Members: 4 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 120 ]  [ Total: 124 ]  [ Newest Member: colind ]
 All Forums
 Model Railroad Forums
 Railroad Photography Forum
 Let's see some of your Non-RR Photos! Pt 2
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Previous Topic: White Pass & Yukon photo advice Topic Next Topic: The Gallery: June 18 Rolling Stock
Page: of 47

railphotog
Fireman

Posted - 10/05/2009 :  06:32:08 AM  Show Profile  Visit railphotog's Homepage  Reply with Quote
The Cunard cruise ship "Queen Victoria" was in our city last week:

This ship is a true cruise ship, as opposed to the Cunard "Queen Mary 2", which is an ocean liner.

Bob Boudreau
My model railroad photography website:
http://sites.google.com/site/railphotog/

Danny Head
Fireman

Posted - 10/05/2009 :  2:14:41 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Cool photo... like the partial view of the car carrier on the bridge... kinda makes you say "what is that?"

Peterpools
Engineer

Posted - 10/05/2009 :  6:16:41 PM  Show Profile  Visit Peterpools's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Bob
Hard to believe how big she is.
Peter

LVN
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 10/05/2009 :  6:22:46 PM  Show Profile  Visit LVN's Homepage  Reply with Quote
It must really make a difference in the number of folks on the street when she is in town.

Chris Lyon
http://www.lyonvalleynorthern.blogspot.com

Frederic Testard
Engineer

Premium Member

Posted - 10/06/2009 :  5:43:34 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Bob, the rainbow over the ship is magnificent.

Frederic Testard
Engineer

Premium Member

Posted - 10/06/2009 :  5:50:15 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Chris, I once made a stop with a Boeing 747 full with about 500 people on a small island in the Seychelles archipelago, where there were probably only a few thousands inhabitants, and I felt as you say about the difference it makes...

railphotog
Fireman

Posted - 10/06/2009 :  7:59:42 PM  Show Profile  Visit railphotog's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by LVN

It must really make a difference in the number of folks on the street when she is in town.

I'll say! The Coast Guard Base where I worked was just to the left of the cruise ship terminal. I'd always head out at lunch time just for a change of scenery. When I tried to drive out onto the street parallel to the waterfront, it often took quite some time to be able to sneak out past the crowds of people heading uptown. I made sure I went somewhere else! My office was facing the terminal, and I could see the ships coming in, heading right towards me, very interesting. They don't use tugs, but have bow and stern thrusters so they can slide themselves right up to the pier.

Bob Boudreau
My model railroad photography website:
http://sites.google.com/site/railphotog/

George Rapp
Section Hand

Posted - 10/19/2009 :  9:48:27 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Heres some of my old stuff from back in the day when I shot cars for magazines. Camera is a 4X5 Graphic with then new view camera lenses, usually a Schneider Symar S 150mm.

Download Attachment: 29 Ford Sprint Car.jpg
35.66 KB

Download Attachment: 59 Dino & GTO.jpg
56.67 KB

Download Attachment: Dino Dash.jpg
64.22 KB

Download Attachment: 0714TR.jpg
32.65 KB

deemery
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 10/19/2009 :  9:59:50 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
My wife and I played hookey this afternoon and drove down part of Skyline Drive. There was snow above about 2600 ft from the storm over the weekend (probably 2-3"). Color was good, but the leaves in the snow caught my eye:

dave

Download Attachment: IMG_2679small.jpg
107.56 KB

Download Attachment: IMG_2694small.jpg
80.11 KB

Download Attachment: IMG_2665small.jpg
66.31 KB

Modeling 1890s (because the voices in my head told me to)

George Rapp
Section Hand

Posted - 10/20/2009 :  12:11:23 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
A few other subjects

Download Attachment: ScannedImage-3.jpg
123.04 KB

Download Attachment: ScannedImage-4.jpg
102.99 KB

Download Attachment: ScannedImage-5.jpg
105.09 KB

acousticco
Fireman

Posted - 10/20/2009 :  01:31:02 AM  Show Profile  Visit acousticco's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Cool stuff George!
I've been tempted to try messing around with some large format stuff. My medium format gear isn't heavy or awkward enough!
-Cody

deemery
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 10/20/2009 :  10:48:44 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
George, what kind of gun do you-all have there? 12lb Parrott?? Those are really nice photos!

dave

Modeling 1890s (because the voices in my head told me to)

George Rapp
Section Hand

Posted - 10/20/2009 :  2:56:28 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Dave,
Defintely a Parrott Rifle could have been a 10 Pounder though. Those were taken at the 135th Gettysburg which became the "Woodstock" of Civil War Re-enacting. They recreated Pickett's Charge starting with a bombardment of the Yankee's with 135 Field Pieces, almost as many as Lee had! I don't care what movies or photos or books one has, you have no idea what it was like until you really see 15,000 Rebs come out of the Woods and start making for the high ground. Yes, they did have 15,000 Reb Troops for the charge and another 15,00 on the Yankee side facing them. Hasn'y been anything like that since although the 150th is coming up.

Peterpools
Engineer

Posted - 10/20/2009 :  5:05:16 PM  Show Profile  Visit Peterpools's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Dave
Fall, leaves and snow .. beautiful photographs.
Peter

jmartin
Engine Wiper

Posted - 10/20/2009 :  6:25:51 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Taken at my son's wrestling tournament at Hilton Head Island. Thought it was a cool pic.

John Martin
Tega Cay, SC

Page: of 47 Previous Topic: White Pass & Yukon photo advice Topic Next Topic: The Gallery: June 18 Rolling Stock  
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic | 
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-19 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 0.47 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000