Railroad Line Forums - Let's see some of your Non-RR Photos! Pt 2
Railroad Line Forums
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Sponsors   Support the RRLine   Guestbook   FAQ     Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Live Chat | Avatar Legend | Search | Statistics
Photo Album | File Lister | File Library
[ Active Members: 1 | Anonymous Members: 1 | Guests: 118 ]  [ Total: 120 ]  [ Newest Member: colind ]
 All Forums
 Model Railroad Forums
 Railroad Photography Forum
 Let's see some of your Non-RR Photos! Pt 2
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Previous Topic: White Pass & Yukon photo advice Topic Next Topic: The Gallery: June 18 Rolling Stock
Page: of 47

Mainframer
Engine Wiper

Posted - 07/28/2009 :  1:26:55 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Karl, How do you like your Nikon D90 and zoom lense? I am looking at buying the D90 with the kit 18-105 lense and a Promaster 70-250 zoom from out local camera shop. Have money to spend and need a new toy to play with. Tom

k9wrangler
Engineer

Posted - 07/28/2009 :  7:11:40 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I really do like it, still early in the learning curve. Auto focus is amazing, beats the Rebel XT I have hands down.

Karl Scribner
Sunfield Twp. Michigan
H.M.F.I.C
Kentucky Southern Railway
The Spartan Line

k9wrangler
Engineer

Posted - 07/28/2009 :  7:14:40 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by deemery

Unfortunately, the 4-legged agent orange that we call Damnbies (aka White-Tailed Deer) once again this year beat us to the lilies. I have to go spray deer repellent every day when the lilies are budding to keep the deer away, and even that doesn't work sometimes. If it were legal, I think I'd spray them with some kind of poison!

dave

Guess our deer don't like them, have electrified the perimeter of our veggie garden, they love pumpkins. Tonight I have to try and catch a raccoon that has been terrorizing the bird feeder.

Karl Scribner
Sunfield Twp. Michigan
H.M.F.I.C
Kentucky Southern Railway
The Spartan Line

Danny Head
Fireman

Posted - 08/03/2009 :  1:46:11 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
An old brick wall from a small Alabama town.. The wall was "rebuilt" in Photoshop to remove a power pole and the letters were rewritten with a Wacom pad. The right hand "man-door" was bricked up as well. Post processing software used to add effect. Danny

LVN
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 08/03/2009 :  2:03:40 PM  Show Profile  Visit LVN's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Saint Jerome Church in Beaconsfield Quebec. Part of West Montreal. Got there near sunset so low light created a nifty opportunity to be artsy.

No tripod so I braced myself against a tree.

Kind of fun to catch the moon at last light.

The sky and the lake gave everything a blue hue.

Chris Lyon
http://www.lyonvalleynorthern.blogspot.com

Danny Head
Fireman

Posted - 08/06/2009 :  1:15:13 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I love old buildings... Here is one I found last week.... post processing makes it appear to have a HDR look.... but is done with NIK software. Danny

Danny Head
Fireman

Posted - 08/06/2009 :  1:46:47 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Here is another...old Chevy.... post processing with NIK SilverEfex Pro. Danny

{img]http://www.railroad-line.com/forum/data/Danny Head/200986134529_DSC_0019_0992 Antq Plt 2 A.jpg[/img]

Rick
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 08/06/2009 :  5:02:44 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Danny Head

Here is another...old Chevy.... post processing with NIK SilverEfex Pro. Danny

acousticco
Fireman

Posted - 08/06/2009 :  5:35:14 PM  Show Profile  Visit acousticco's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Excellent car picture Danny!

There's lots of great photographers here, I'm wondering if anyone likes lo-fi photography, like pin holes, Holgas or other toy cameras?

This shot was taken with a Holga 120N (cheap toy camera with a plastic lens), in Drumheller, Alberta.

I really like the aesthetic of these cameras, hazy, blurry, weird.
Another Holga shot:

They're allot of fun, take 120 film, plus they're cheap!

-Cody

wolfscreek
Section Hand

Posted - 08/07/2009 :  12:55:38 AM  Show Profile  Visit wolfscreek's Homepage  Click to see wolfscreek's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Yesterday I met some slow trafic on my way.

Danny Head
Fireman

Posted - 08/07/2009 :  10:44:46 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Fun with filters..... I found a junkyard with 15 acres of 30's to 50's automobiles.... some even have trees growing through them. Danny

railphotog
Fireman

Posted - 08/07/2009 :  6:52:00 PM  Show Profile  Visit railphotog's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hey Danny - love what you've done to the old truck! Looks like it was shot through an old screen door!

Our city is on the Bay of Fundy, which flows into the Atlantic ocean, and all of this relatively cold water affects our local climate. Hot air inland mixes with the cold air over the Bay and we get - fog.

Woke up yesterday morning to "one of those days" - extremely thick fog. The kind of fog where I could barely see the house across the street, dark and everything outside is really wet. Ohhh, another day spent mostly indoors I assumed.

Well around 9am it started getting bright, then actually sunny - the fog was burning off! Wonders of wonders!

I was checking the weather by looking out a downstairs window that looks into our backyard. With the overnight spider webs all wet from the fog, and the sun breaking through this is what I saw:

Beauty comes out of the fog!

Bob Boudreau
My model railroad photography website:
http://sites.google.com/site/railphotog/

hon3_rr
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 08/08/2009 :  08:38:51 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Outstanding Picture Bob...

-- KP --
Life is to short to build all of the models I want to.

deemery
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 08/08/2009 :  10:46:22 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I check the Alaska Vocano Observatory website (http://www.avo.alaska.edu/webcam/) daily for interesting shots of the volcanos up there. This is one of the most spectacular shots I've seen:

It looks like the mountain blew a smoke ring around its top...

Redoubt Volcano has been in a relatively persistent eruptive state for most of this year, and if you've heard people from Wasila, AK (Sarah Palin's home town) talk about 'the volcano', this is the one they're talking about.

dave

Modeling 1890s (because the voices in my head told me to)

Rick
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 08/08/2009 :  11:08:03 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Danny, love that last picture of the old truck you posted.

Page: of 47 Previous Topic: White Pass & Yukon photo advice Topic Next Topic: The Gallery: June 18 Rolling Stock  
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic | 
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-19 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 0.56 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000