Railroad Line Forums - Coast Line R.R. founded
Railroad Line Forums
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Sponsors   Support the RRLine   Guestbook   FAQ     Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Live Chat | Avatar Legend | Search | Statistics
Photo Album | File Lister | File Library
[ Active Members: 2 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 140 ]  [ Total: 142 ]  [ Newest Member: Fred of Medford ]
 All Forums
 Model Railroad Forums
 The On30 Line
 Coast Line R.R. founded
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Topic Locked | 
Author Previous Topic: Sidewheel Aircraft Carriers! Topic Next Topic: Insul or Electro Frogs
Page: of 100

wbbho
Engine Wiper

Posted - 11/11/2009 :  04:29:13 AM  Show Profile
Troels,
Just finished looking through all these pages.... I agree with everyone else.... Wow!!!
Spectacular work. Sets the bar a higher for me when I finally stop talking and start building - I hope.
Love the video, especially the depth of field from your backdrop. Don't know if its my eyes, your camera, or just the way its been done, but it really gives the film a great sense of distance.

Mario,
There are several programs out there that allow you to save youtube videos to your pc. I can't suggest any, but a quick google will show lots.
Or... there is a free online service at www.keepvid.com which will also do the job and save the file as a .flv file.

adrian_batey
Fireman

Posted - 11/11/2009 :  06:16:37 AM  Show Profile  Visit adrian_batey's Homepage
quote:
Originally posted by k27rgs

Troels

Thanks for the video.
Can these be saved to PC hard disk for later viewing ???

Mario

You can try this site Mario. Just paste the URl of the video and then a download link should appear.

Thanks for the video also troels.

Im going to try get to the craft store this week and have a go at some of your techniques that you have shown us throughout this thread.

EDIT:
For some reason the URL didnt appear so i will try once more (took me a while to notice)
http://clipnabber.com/

Owen Pass Lumber Company
HO Logging Layout in a Shed.
https://owenpass.blogspot.com/

Edited by - adrian_batey on 11/12/2009 02:06:41 AM

hon3_rr
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 11/11/2009 :  09:38:22 AM  Show Profile
Troels,
Great video. Can you make any comment about how you did the lighting of the backdrop. About mid-way in the video there is a lone truck aginst the backdrop, and it looks like you have lights really down low behind the benchwork. This type indirect lighting is a technique used in museums, and I was wondering if you used it here as I don't recall any menton if it earlier. Thanks in advance.

-- KP --
Life is to short to build all of the models I want to.

kirk
Fireman

Posted - 11/11/2009 :  09:45:51 AM  Show Profile
Kris, I've seen very effective backlighting from below on Art Fahies Wharf Street layout, but I use only the overhead fluorescents. When I painted the background in this area I tried to simulate the low angle of the sun by keeping the lowest part of the sky very light and gave it some thin glazes of extra white to catch as much light as possible.

Thanks for the tips about saving youtube videos Will!

Troels Kirk
Näsum, Sweden

kirk
Fireman

Posted - 11/16/2009 :  3:51:57 PM  Show Profile
Finally a little time to go to the shed! I gave the water an initial coat of water based floor varnish yesterday, a gel like varnish which gave a little undulation to the surface. Plenty of coats will follow...
Tonight I colored the algae a little, and sculpted the first waves in heavy acrylic gel. It will dry up clear, so I can highlight a little foam in white afterwards. The waves are small, under a scale foot at the highest... no dramatic spray effects. I will add a tiny amount of spray though crashing on a few rocks, if these test waves look good when dry, that is...

Troels Kirk
Näsum, Sweden

Geezer
Engineer

Posted - 11/16/2009 :  4:20:37 PM  Show Profile
Holy cow Troels!!!! Surf's up!!!!!
That is really neat! Is that acrylic medium readily
available to us novices???
Teriffic, to say the least!

CieloVistaRy
Fireman

Posted - 11/16/2009 :  4:27:25 PM  Show Profile
Troels,

You have taken on a very daunting challenge in creating realistic ocean waves, but if anyone can do it, it's you!

Arthur

Arthur

Frederic Testard
Engineer

Premium Member

Posted - 11/16/2009 :  5:42:24 PM  Show Profile
Yes, Troels, it's a great start on water. I'll follow your progress on the sea and its waves very closely.

BBLmber
Fireman

Posted - 11/16/2009 :  5:45:42 PM  Show Profile
Troels, you keep raising the bar, I don't know if we will ever ketch up. Keep up the excellant work.

Mark

W,L,&E

Rick
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 11/16/2009 :  6:09:09 PM  Show Profile
Troels, looks exactly like the coastal scenes I saw in Massachusetts on Friday. Excellent!

What did you use to make the algae/seaweed?

BigLars
Engineer

Premium Member

Posted - 11/16/2009 :  6:12:12 PM  Show Profile
Troels,
Very cool waves! I hope you are taking lots of pictures so you can tell the rest of us how you did this.

Peterpools
Engineer

Posted - 11/16/2009 :  6:20:41 PM  Show Profile  Visit Peterpools's Homepage
Troels
The surf looks great.
Peter

Tyson Rayles

Premium Member

Posted - 11/16/2009 :  7:59:45 PM  Show Profile

kewlbrew
Crew Chief

Posted - 11/16/2009 :  10:18:23 PM  Show Profile  Visit kewlbrew's Homepage
Troels -

I can't come up with any good words that haven't already been used.

-John

hon3_rr
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 11/16/2009 :  10:50:59 PM  Show Profile
There is a famous christmas play/movie with the line that goes something like "Please Sir, more" ... And I'm rocking in my chair just itching for a tutorial on how you did the waves, and let's not forget the algae/seaweed.

I agree with others that all the words have been used.... So, Please Sir... More...

-- KP --
Life is to short to build all of the models I want to.

Page: of 100 Previous Topic: Sidewheel Aircraft Carriers! Topic Next Topic: Insul or Electro Frogs  
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Topic Locked | 
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-2020 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 0.62 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000