Railroad Line Forums - MCain & OBama Fish Oil & Fertilizer (FSM R Saywer)
Railroad Line Forums
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Sponsors   Support the RRLine   Guestbook   FAQ     Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Live Chat | Avatar Legend | Search | Statistics
Photo Album | File Lister | File Library
[ Active Members: 4 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 132 ]  [ Total: 136 ]  [ Newest Member: Alex Italy ]
 All Forums
 Model Railroad Forums
 Mike Chambers' Craftsman's Corner
 MCain & OBama Fish Oil & Fertilizer (FSM R Saywer)
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Previous Topic: Stony Creek   by Richard Grinyer Topic Next Topic: Saulenas Tavern by Bar Mills
Page: of 6

desertdrover
Engineer

Posted - 10/12/2008 :  7:57:45 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Once again another outstanding diorama in such a short time. Great looking scene, and I echo what everyone before me has stated!

Louis
Pacific Northwest Logging in the East Coast

Jim Mooney
Crew Chief

Posted - 10/12/2008 :  8:09:52 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Pretty incredible..nice job...

Bbags
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 10/12/2008 :  8:27:26 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Gregg,
Outstanding modeling and story telling.

I see what you mean about being able to take a large model and with a little creative kitbashing be able to make it fit almost any space.
I also see that you were able to change this group of structures to a different industry than the manufacturer chose when he designed the kit.

Very creative and also well done.

As for the story, I hear that SNL is looking for new political material so if you were to make a video along with your story line you never know you might just see this diorama on TV.

John Bagley
Modeling the Alaska Railroad in HO in Wildwood Georgia.

railbuilderdhd
Engine Wiper

Posted - 10/12/2008 :  8:46:36 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I love the way you play the scene with the words that tell the story we live today in America. Get model building and love you creative use of the model like the I Rack and bailing out of the boat FM before she ends up like WaMu.

Bosco5
Crew Chief

Posted - 10/12/2008 :  9:02:35 PM  Show Profile  Visit Bosco5's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Wonderful job - I am very impressed by the speed of your modeling given the topical nature. Really superb work. All you need to add is a few lawyers in the form of well fed sharks circling the Fannie Mae and Wamu, as they're the only ones who do well in these times!

MikeC
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 10/12/2008 :  9:24:14 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Very creative, Gregg! And a great piece of political satire. Thanks for not making it too political, though.

GreggW
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 10/12/2008 :  10:07:51 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Peterpools

Gregg
Prolific and outstanding in every sense of the word. I don't know how you can accomplish so much in such a short period of time and maintain your normal high level of workmanship and quality.
I must have been dreaming but I could have sworn I just lived though such a horrible week myself.
Peter

Thanks Peter. Yes, these last couple weeks have been a pretty tough ride for everyone. Jim and I each have several projects going at the same time, the net result being that together we seem to get many things accomplished. This build started many months ago. It was going to be a fish oil business or a rubber salvage business (pulling tires by conveyor out of a pit). This election season made that decision an easy one.

Gregg

Edited by - GreggW on 10/12/2008 10:49:26 PM

GreggW
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 10/12/2008 :  10:15:31 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Larry Baker

Beautiful model and a very cleaver story. Thanks Gregg.

Thanks Larry. The story part was easy. Every day would be another shocker to model. I was thinking about having the road go off the cliff with a street sign saying "Wall Street". Ah, we could go on and on with this one.

Gregg

Edited by - GreggW on 10/12/2008 10:51:12 PM

GreggW
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 10/12/2008 :  10:21:26 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Esky56

The story adds another dimension to the project. Both are very well done. Thanks for posting.

Thanks. All I had to do was pick up the morning paper or turn on the TV and an abundance of material was right there to use.

Gregg

Edited by - GreggW on 10/12/2008 10:53:32 PM

GreggW
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 10/12/2008 :  10:27:57 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by rsmilley

Gregg,
Well first of all... the new diorama is outstanding - as usual.

And the storyline has me otf-lmao.

Thanks. I'm glad you appreciate my attempt to enjoy this election season in an RR kind of way.

Gregg

Edited by - GreggW on 10/12/2008 10:55:11 PM

GreggW
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 10/12/2008 :  10:33:10 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by k9wrangler

...Sort of fond of the Sloop Sarah P myself. Sure plenty of fertilizer for everyone, too!

Thanks Karl. Here's a shot of her backside for you to enjoy.

Gregg

Edited by - GreggW on 10/12/2008 10:57:12 PM

GreggW
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 10/12/2008 :  10:38:21 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by BigLars

Gregg,
Amazing modeling and a very funny story.
Thanks for posting, I needed a chuckle this week.
Larry

Hi Larry. Thanks. I figured we could all use a chuckle after what has happened these past couple weeks.

Gregg

Edited by - GreggW on 10/12/2008 11:00:56 PM

GreggW
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 10/12/2008 :  10:44:44 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by rtbaron

Gregg...wow..what a great waterfront diorama, congratulations on a excellent job.
What did you use for your water.?

Great, fantastic job,,,Rich B.

Thanks Rich. The water is EnviroTex. I was going to add waves and ripples, but decided I like the reflections the water is giving on this unusualy calm morning. I may rough it up later.

Gregg

Edited by - GreggW on 10/12/2008 11:03:04 PM

mark_dalrymple
Fireman

Posted - 10/13/2008 :  01:53:13 AM  Show Profile  Send mark_dalrymple an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Great stuff Gregg and Jim. It just works so well! Its one of my favorite FSM models too. Great to see it use in such a unique way. Excellent! Mark.

Frederic Testard
Engineer

Premium Member

Posted - 10/13/2008 :  12:08:37 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Not a lot to add to all the comments and compliments that have already been written. Just wanted to say once again how much I appreciate your modelling, all the details you put in your scenes, and the fun I had reading your story. Even if some of the names escaped to me, the general idea was perfectly understandable and pleasant. Now it would be even better if it could simply be a story...

Page: of 6 Previous Topic: Stony Creek   by Richard Grinyer Topic Next Topic: Saulenas Tavern by Bar Mills  
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-2020 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 20.64 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000