Railroad Line Forums - MCain & OBama Fish Oil & Fertilizer (FSM R Saywer)
Railroad Line Forums
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Sponsors   Support the RRLine   Guestbook   FAQ     Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Live Chat | Avatar Legend | Search | Statistics
Photo Album | File Lister | File Library
[ Active Members: 4 | Anonymous Members: 1 | Guests: 99 ]  [ Total: 104 ]  [ Newest Member: Midwest Mark ]
 All Forums
 Model Railroad Forums
 Mike Chambers' Craftsman's Corner
 MCain & OBama Fish Oil & Fertilizer (FSM R Saywer)
Next Page
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Previous Topic: Stony Creek   by Richard Grinyer Topic Next Topic: Saulenas Tavern by Bar Mills
Page: of 6

GreggW
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 10/12/2008 :  2:43:36 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
M.Cain & O.Bama Fish Oil & Fertilizer (FSM R. Saywer Kitbash)

Today has turned out to be busier than normal at the fertilizer factory.

The owners were down on the docks trying to come up with a plan to fix that fishnet drying rack on the working end of the dock. That I-rack seems to be a never-ending problem. No one has fixed that I-Rack yet and the bosses cannot agree on what to do.

So, there they were, M. Cain and O. Bama looking things over and arguing about how best to fix the I-Rack once and for all, when all of a sudden all kinds of yelling could be heard, completely disturbing the morning quiet. It surprised everyone that that old steady boat, the Fannie Mae was sinking. The bosses and the rest of the crew were running in circles to put together a rescue plan and by the time they had agreed on what to do, that government boat came by with a crew to save the Fannie Mae. Yep, another government bailout job that we will all be paying for later.

Hopefully, the Fannie Mae can stay afloat and not end up going under like the Wa Mu did last week. She can still be seen, but not for much longer.

Thatís when the Sarah Palin from Alaska pulled in, bringing her goods to add to the mix

She was a site, slipping through the waters and up to the dock, though her load did tend to smell some. The workers, owners and everyone were eying her over and checking her out, when all of a sudden the biggest commotion you ever did hear was going on out back near the shipping docks. The bosses took off around the main mill to see what was going on and found that the American Economy came completely off the tracks.

There are all kinds of folks checking that out now. Seems like all they want to do is throw money at the problem instead of doing the hard work of just lifting her up slow but sure.

Oh, and that's when the new partner arrived in his spiffy red and white rig, J.O. Bidenís Finest Fertilizer.

Olí Bama seems to be very pleased with this new partnerís special brand of fertilizer, but Mr. Cain seemed to think his stuff stinks. Those two just do not agree on anything. Just when words were getting a little heated, that old worn out Presidential díBait rig pulls up.

Sure enough, Olí Bama, Mr. Cain and the Biden and Sarah Palin crews all spent time over at díBait rig, telling everyone about all these problems and how best to fix them.
Seems like all they do is talk and nothing ever gets fixed. They talked so much that some of the fence sitters couldnít stand it anymore and they got up and left.

The rest of those fence sitters are still there taking in all that doublespeak and maybe hoping for new jobs. Now the AP Pole is leaning towards O.Bama.

So here we are, late morning and the Wa Mu is under water, Fannie Mae is being bailed out, that nasty I-Rack problem is still not fixed, they have no idea how to get that American Economy car back on track and all we have to look forward to today is the smell of this stinking business. Well, at least we get to wander down to the docks and check out the Sarah Palin. She does have nice lines.

The Fine Scale Miniatures Rollin Saywer Chemical structure has always been one of my favorites. Unfortunately, the standard kit design with its long structure just would not fit on my layout, so a rearrangement was in order. Jim Lucus and I hope you enjoyed our modified version of Fine Scale Miniatureís Rollin Saywer Chemical, as well as our little bit of fun with these present election and economic times. This build demonstrates that many structures can be modified for dockside applications. It also shows that our hobby can help us through even the most difficult of challenges. Now I need to go finish the detailing and find a place it on the layout.

Gregg

Peterpools
Engineer

Posted - 10/12/2008 :  2:56:01 PM  Show Profile  Visit Peterpools's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Gregg
Prolific and outstanding in every sense of the word. I don't know how you can accomplish so much in such a short period of time and maintain your normal high level of workmanship and quality.
I must have been dreaming but I could have sworn I just lived though such a horrible week myself.
Peter

Larry Baker
Fireman

Posted - 10/12/2008 :  2:57:18 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Beautiful model and a very cleaver story. Thanks Gregg.

Esky56
Engine Wiper

Posted - 10/12/2008 :  3:17:27 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The story adds another dimension to the project. Both are very well done. Thanks for posting.

rsmilley
Engine Wiper

Posted - 10/12/2008 :  3:17:36 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Gregg,
Well first of all... the new diorama is outstanding - as usual.

And the storyline has me otf-lmao.

rsmilley
Engine Wiper

Posted - 10/12/2008 :  3:18:09 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Gregg,
Well first of all... the new diorama is outstanding - as usual.

And the storyline has me otf-lmao.

BigLars
Engineer

Premium Member

Posted - 10/12/2008 :  3:35:05 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Gregg,
Amazing modeling and a very funny story.
Thanks for posting, I needed a chuckle this week.
Larry

My current build:
http://www.railroad-line.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=50375

k9wrangler
Engineer

Posted - 10/12/2008 :  3:45:04 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Excellent modeling and a fair stab at humor as well.

Sort of fond of the Sloop Sarah P myself. Sure plenty of fertilizer for everyone, too!

Stand UP for AMERICA!!

Karl Scribner
Kentucky Southern Railway
Sunfield Township Michigan

rtbaron
Crew Chief

Posted - 10/12/2008 :  4:24:38 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Gregg...wow..what a great waterfront diorama, congratulations on a excellent job.
What did you use for your water.?

Great, fantastic job,,,Rich B.

Don Brimmer
Fireman

Posted - 10/12/2008 :  4:41:41 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Beautiful build Gregg, a fabulous diorama and a great story. At least we can have something to laugh about with this election crap!!

MarkF
Engineer

Premium Member

Posted - 10/12/2008 :  4:54:10 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Excellent Gregg! Great modeling, and very clever story line to go with it! We all need a slight bit of humor thse days! Well done!

Mark

clif
Engine Wiper

Posted - 10/12/2008 :  5:33:12 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Bravo sir, Bravo

For both the Modeling and story line,

I enjoyed both.

rfmicro
Crew Chief

Posted - 10/12/2008 :  6:16:40 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi GteggW,

Fantastic! When is mine scheduled to ship?

Regards,

hon3_rr
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 10/12/2008 :  6:26:40 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well Done!..

-- KP --
Life is to short to build all of the models I want to.

artvdw
Engine Wiper

Posted - 10/12/2008 :  6:31:07 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Wow! What a fantastic build on the diorama. As someone else said, how do you manage to get so much done in such a small amount of time?

Also, a great story line to accompany the diorama.

jaynjay
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 10/12/2008 :  7:22:26 PM  Show Profile  Visit jaynjay's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I've been wiring for months and months and you've made a complete diorama in such a short time. Great job and a great story to boot.

John

Page: of 6 Previous Topic: Stony Creek   by Richard Grinyer Topic Next Topic: Saulenas Tavern by Bar Mills  
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Next Page
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-17 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 0.39 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000