Railroad Line Forums - Clugston's Store
Railroad Line Forums
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Sponsors   Support the RRLine   Guestbook   FAQ     Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Live Chat | Avatar Legend | Search | Statistics
Photo Album | File Lister | File Library
[ Active Members: 3 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 164 ]  [ Total: 167 ]  [ Newest Member: jfields ]
 All Forums
 Model Railroad Forums
 Startin' from Scratch
 Clugston's Store
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Previous Topic: Convers Seafood Co. in 0 scale Topic Next Topic: Welding Shop  

mwbpequod
Fireman

Posted - 09/20/2008 :  12:08:39 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
This was my second large structure scrathbuilding adventure that came after Lauthers' Perfect Pickles. All board by board right down to the 2 x 4 framing and individual clapboards and the brick by brick chimney.

To act in the world is the only way to understand it. In this life it is given only to God and his angels and poets to be lookers-on.

Frederic Testard
Engineer

Premium Member

Posted - 09/20/2008 :  1:23:38 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Martin, your work on this store is absolutely awesome. And the interior shots show how detailed your model is. How did you make the lacy work on the guardrails in the front of the building?

mwbpequod
Fireman

Posted - 09/20/2008 :  1:41:01 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The lacey railings are lots of pieces of Grnadt Line parts cut up and put back together with parts from some other company, no longer in business, whose name escapes me. Looking back at that apsect now I probably should have made some molds of the entire sections for future use.....

Oh well, made it once so I know I can do it again....

To act in the world is the only way to understand it. In this life it is given only to God and his angels and poets to be lookers-on.

kirk
Fireman

Posted - 09/20/2008 :  2:54:27 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Extraordinary craftsmanship!

Troels Kirk
Näsum, Sweden

Tyson Rayles

Premium Member

Posted - 09/20/2008 :  3:00:06 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Very nice modeling!

hon3_rr
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 09/20/2008 :  4:37:53 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Very well done! I really like the way the crane is attached to the outside walls. Neat idea. The only distraction to my eye is the lighting wiring. But what an outstanding model... Again, well done!

-- KP --
Life is to short to build all of the models I want to.

Edited by - hon3_rr on 09/20/2008 4:40:02 PM

Tim Kerkhoff
Fireman

Posted - 09/20/2008 :  5:16:18 PM  Show Profile  Send Tim Kerkhoff a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Martin, terrific modeling and attention to detail. The interior looks awesome.

Ensign
Fireman

Posted - 09/20/2008 :  5:24:38 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello Martin,You have done a fantastic job on this model!. I really like the interior detailing, and two floors at that wow!. I also like the way you made the second floor removable in the centre.Great job thanks for posting.

Terrell
Fireman

Posted - 09/20/2008 :  7:36:07 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Fantastic, Martin. We need to see more of your work.

JohnJ
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 09/20/2008 :  8:29:40 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Martin: Absolutely awsome work. I assume you are working in O scale?

John Johnson

"I'm right 98% of the time. Who cares about the other 3%."

desertdrover
Engineer

Posted - 09/20/2008 :  10:19:37 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Outstanding Martin, nice scratchbuilding work indeed!

Louis
Pacific Northwest Logging in the East Coast

Dutchman
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 09/21/2008 :  07:49:40 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Fabulous job on the build, Martin.

UKGuy
Fireman

Posted - 09/21/2008 :  09:24:20 AM  Show Profile  Visit UKGuy's Homepage  Send UKGuy a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Outstanding scratchbuilding Martin. Exceptional detail work and a very interesting structure overall.

Karl.A

Philip
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 09/21/2008 :  10:32:35 AM  Show Profile  Visit Philip's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Amazing work!

Philip

mwbpequod
Fireman

Posted - 09/23/2008 :  5:44:15 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks you all for your kind words!

Yes, O scale and all that I work in right now since seeing smaller is a challenge and I foresee F or G in the future,

As I stated, this was the 2nd large building that I had made and it did turn into work torwards the end so the next large project remains in a box on the lathe table.

That lift out for the 2nd floor is something that I really dislike taking out since I have to bend the entire floor to take it out and return it. Not entirely happy about the lighting myself but I had sort of thought about being able to look through the windows to see the several mini-scenes inside would work. It actually does if you have a decent camera and know how to use it - that disqualifies me! But a friend of mine did get a few good shots make that way but I don;t have them. I need to get my phtographer daughter onto this challenge....

What you can't see is that there's an entire Post Office inside; guys playing checkers around the stove, and a bunch of "old store" scenes of counters, can & bottles, and lost of "stuff". you can neverohave too much "stuff",

Previous Topic: Convers Seafood Co. in 0 scale Topic Next Topic: Welding Shop  
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-19 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 0.46 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000