Railroad Line Forums - The Gallery: Early June '08 "Towers"
Railroad Line Forums
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Sponsors   Support the RRLine   Guestbook   FAQ     Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Live Chat | Avatar Legend | Search | Statistics
Photo Album | File Lister | File Library
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 89 ]  [ Total: 89 ]  [ Newest Member: Dakkon ]
 All Forums
 Model Railroad Forums
 Railroad Photography Forum
 The Gallery: Early June '08 "Towers"
Next Page
 New Topic |   Topic Locked | 
Author Previous Topic: Painted Edges with Photoshop Topic Next Topic: overhead crane prototype photos
Page: of 4

Dutchman
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 06/01/2008 :  07:37:23 AM  Show Profile
In May, we tried our first 'split month' Gallery, with one theme for the first half of the month, and a different theme for the second half of the month. This seemed to work well for themes that might not have enough steam to make it though the entire month. We will continue this practice through the summer of 2008.

The theme for the "Early June" Gallery is Towers. Now there are many different types of towers associated with a railroad, but we want to focus our attention on Interlocking Towers (also called Signal Towers or Switch Towers). Once again, photos of either model or prototype towers are welcome.

As always, please adhere to the following posting requirements: photo files should be no more than 80kb @ 72ppi in size - even if downloading from a remote server or website - and can be no more than 7 inches in width (to prevent viewers from having to scroll back and forth to see the entire photo or read text on the same page). This can also be achieved by sizing your picture so the width is in the 680-720 pixel range.

Photo submissions not meeting the above requirements will be resized by the Moderator.

For those who like to plan ahead, the theme for the second half of June will be the now rare caboose.

Dutchman
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 06/01/2008 :  08:45:02 AM  Show Profile
I'll start us off with my FSM tower. This was one of George's early kits. I replaced the kit's roof with a slate roof.

Rick
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 06/01/2008 :  08:46:25 AM  Show Profile
A tower on Dick Elwell's layout.

desertdrover
Engineer

Posted - 06/01/2008 :  10:36:16 AM  Show Profile
Here is a tower from the Dagus & Rockwood RailRoad.

Louis
Pacific Northwest Logging in the East Coast

slimrails

Premium Member

Posted - 06/01/2008 :  12:57:49 PM  Show Profile  Visit slimrails's Homepage
Here's a couple of shots of my HO scale tower 'PJ'. It's a AMB LaserKit with a detailed interior that includes desk, control console, wall clock, radiator, lights, and ceiling fan. The second shot is a night shot with a train passing under the operator's window. The car is from a RR-Line member who is part of the interchange program.

simon1966
Fireman

Posted - 06/01/2008 :  4:44:30 PM  Show Profile  Visit simon1966's Homepage
Sorry for posting the same images in more than one place, but with a theme like this, what is a guy supposed to do?

simon1966
Fireman

Posted - 06/01/2008 :  5:21:27 PM  Show Profile  Visit simon1966's Homepage
Here is another one from the other side of the layout. This particular model is a JL Innovative kit and was constructed prior to me finding the RR-Line forum, hence the utter lack of weathering :-)

wvrr
Fireman

Posted - 06/01/2008 :  7:39:53 PM  Show Profile  Visit wvrr's Homepage
Bruce and I attended a board meeting of the NMRA's Garden State Division, today. It was hosted at Norman Frowley's house, the AP Chairman for our division. Norman has many of the SRMW kits on his layout. And, Norman's layout is Marklin. Anyway, Bruce and I spyed this tower, and since the theme is towers...

Chuck

James VanB
Crew Chief

Posted - 06/02/2008 :  12:37:12 AM  Show Profile  Visit James VanB's Homepage
Here's a picture of a small tower (three guesses where it is ) and a picture of my kids inside the tower. This was five years ago and my kids have grown a bit. It sure is fun to look back for pictures of stuff like this to remember how cute they were.

James

Rick
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 06/02/2008 :  10:41:04 AM  Show Profile
One of the towers on Joe C's D&H layout.

Karl Osolinski
Fireman

Posted - 06/02/2008 :  4:28:25 PM  Show Profile

Hello folks,

Here are some towers that I've done...the first three are scratch built and the last one is a modified Atlas kit.

Karl O.
Berkley, MI

Dutchman
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 06/02/2008 :  5:35:33 PM  Show Profile
Thanks to all who have posted photos so far.

James, that shot of the kits is great.

Karl, all your towers are great models, but I really like that second one!

Boy, I love towers.

Dennis McCarthy
Engine Wiper

Premium Member

Posted - 06/02/2008 :  6:22:38 PM  Show Profile
A little tower moved from it's original location and now used as a boat rental shop on the Erie Canal in Fairport, NY.

There's a plaque on the building describing it's history and the giving name of the RR that used it, but I wasn't smart enough to write it down or snap a picture.

Dennis

wvrr
Fireman

Posted - 06/02/2008 :  7:05:25 PM  Show Profile  Visit wvrr's Homepage
Karl,

I like the first two models you posted the most. The others are terrific, too!

Chuck

Dutchman
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 06/03/2008 :  08:54:19 AM  Show Profile
Those who have been on the Forum for a while are familiar with the work of Ira Deutsch. Here is the interior of his FSM tower. All the details are scratchbuilt.

Rick
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 06/03/2008 :  10:56:29 AM  Show Profile
This one is in Strasburg, PA, right across the street from the museum.

Page: of 4 Previous Topic: Painted Edges with Photoshop Topic Next Topic: overhead crane prototype photos  
 New Topic |   Topic Locked | 
Next Page
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-19 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 0.78 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000