Railroad Line Forums - Bulger's Garage
Railroad Line Forums
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Sponsors   Support the RRLine   Guestbook   FAQ     Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Live Chat | Avatar Legend | Search | Statistics
Photo Album | File Lister | File Library
[ Active Members: 3 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 288 ]  [ Total: 291 ]  [ Newest Member: SandersReview ]
 All Forums
 Model Railroad Forums
 Startin' from Scratch
 Bulger's Garage
Previous Page
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Previous Topic: Why do you scratch build Topic Next Topic: Hamlin Wizard Oil
Page: of 10

belg
Fireman

Posted - 09/09/2008 :  07:15:14 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Tony, very nice job on the whole scene! It looks like the castings box will need some serious restocking after this diorama.Pat

Tabooma County Rwy
Fireman

Posted - 09/09/2008 :  09:19:27 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Marvelous job, Tony! The details are superb, as is the whole diorama!

Frederic Testard
Engineer

Premium Member

Posted - 09/09/2008 :  10:32:41 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Tony, your garage is a magnificent model. It's a great pleasure to watch all these details everywhere.

Danny Head
Fireman

Posted - 09/09/2008 :  10:48:06 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Tony, what can I say!? Danny

Nelson458
Fireman

Posted - 09/09/2008 :  3:57:22 PM  Show Profile  Visit Nelson458's Homepage  Reply with Quote
To all who just responded, thank you. It has been one of my more enjoyable projects. I won't have to replenish the castings box though, I still have plenty for other scenes.

Thanks again.
Tony

Tony Burgess
Exploring the unknown requires tolerating uncertainty.~ Brian Greene

Mike Engler
Fireman

Posted - 09/12/2008 :  9:30:37 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Tony- Just read this entire thread and what a great job you did. Very enjoyable as well as educational. Can't wait for your next project. Mike E.

Nelson458
Fireman

Posted - 09/12/2008 :  9:36:46 PM  Show Profile  Visit Nelson458's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by runner

Tony- Just read this entire thread and what a great job you did. Very enjoyable as well as educational. Can't wait for your next project. Mike E.

Thank you Mike. I am glad you enjoyed it. I have not got anything set for my next project. I have so many unbuilt kits, I was thinking about actually doing a real kit for a change. I have even taken a Pensy M1a loco from Bowser off the shelf and have been contemplating doing that. (it will be a first). And I have been researching fire houses for another scratchbuild. So right now, it is open to anything.
Thanks again,
Tony

Tony Burgess

BobB
New Hire

Posted - 09/16/2009 :  12:12:31 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Tony;
I Just read this entire thread today and you did a fantastic job especially with your comments and tips(as well as the comments of others). I have a 1/2" scale coopers garage in the planning stages and this will be a great help.

Thank you:
BobB

Nelson458
Fireman

Posted - 10/29/2009 :  4:31:39 PM  Show Profile  Visit Nelson458's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by BobB

Hi Tony;
I Just read this entire thread today and you did a fantastic job especially with your comments and tips(as well as the comments of others). I have a 1/2" scale coopers garage in the planning stages and this will be a great help.

Thank you:
BobB

Bob, I forgot to get back to this, sorry, by wanted to say thank you. Actually, I based the idea off of the Coopers Garage also. I had built the model once, sold it many years ago, and bought the kit yet again, but I wanted to do something different without using the kit. It just kind of grew on me.

Would you believe I never plan anything out! I just have an idea and start building. Crazy as it seems, I don't plan or draw plans. I have it all in my head. If I get to a sticky point and don't know where to go, I stop a while, sometimes a few days or a week, and think about it, mostly when I have a nap mid day, I just play scenarios out in my mind till it looks good, then I get back to building.

Tony

Tony Burgess

Page: of 10 Previous Topic: Why do you scratch build Topic Next Topic: Hamlin Wizard Oil  
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Previous Page
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-2020 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 0.44 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000