Railroad Line Forums - B&M Eastern Route progress
Railroad Line Forums
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Sponsors   Support the RRLine   Guestbook   FAQ     Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Live Chat | Avatar Legend | Search | Statistics
Photo Album | File Lister | File Library
[ Active Members: 2 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 158 ]  [ Total: 160 ]  [ Newest Member: BlackDiamond1964 ]
 All Forums
 Model Railroad Forums
 Mid Scale Model Railroad Forum
 B&M Eastern Route progress
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Topic Next Topic: Remaking the Ridley Keystone & Mountain
Page: of 87

bror hultgren
Section Hand

Posted - 02/07/2021 :  08:29:29 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
What a great shot!

Michael Hohn
Fireman

Posted - 02/07/2021 :  09:31:36 AM  Show Profile  Visit Michael Hohn's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Thatís a nice shot, James. I feel like Iím standing there watching the action.

George D

Premium Member

Posted - 02/07/2021 :  10:44:46 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Nice to get pictures that aren't taken out at the edge of the layout.

George

Fly Army

Orionvp17
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 02/07/2021 :  11:10:35 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
An excellent shot, James! I agree with the previous comments, but wonder if I just saw a roadrunner scoot by in there....

Pete
in Michigan

jbvb
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 02/07/2021 :  9:47:19 PM  Show Profile  Visit jbvb's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Thanks, Bror, Mike, George, Pete. I spent a while investigating what "Qt V4L2 test utility" (the Linux program that twiddles the webcam) can do:

So far I can get two zoom settings and at least 5 focus distances. I also tried a video with autofocus turned off - less jerky but still not up to what an inexpensive handheld video camera can do.

James

Orionvp17
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 02/07/2021 :  10:02:17 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Like the "inside" views, James!

Nicely done.

Pete
in Michigan

jbvb
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 02/08/2021 :  10:18:15 PM  Show Profile  Visit jbvb's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Thanks, Pete. After spending a long time while Walthers' site refreshed its way through the On Sale pages, I got my order in this afternoon. Then I put all the windows into DynaCompuTron-A-Matics and played with the webcam a bit more:

It seems to suffer from a little flare at extreme contrast, but so would most cameras taking this picture in the real world. Phase II RDC by Rapido, truck is a Mini-Metals '46 Chevy.
My phone camera would fit where the webcam was, but it would make a terribly grainy photo and AFAICT it is too automated to allow me to fix that.

James

jbvb
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 02/09/2021 :  2:57:28 PM  Show Profile  Visit jbvb's Homepage  Reply with Quote
The Tichy #4028D NYC steel-side rebuild is finished, except for weathering. 16 years since it was started. Alas, the Tichy decals I bought to replace those that crumbled didn't exactly match the originals, and the end reporting marks are somewhat oversized. But the new herald looks much better than the first.

Since I restarted this before the beginning of the Challenge, time to look for another project in the bins of abandonment.

James

wvrr
Fireman

Posted - 02/09/2021 :  3:14:44 PM  Show Profile  Visit wvrr's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Nice looking car, James. For the Achievement Program?

Chuck

jbvb
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 02/09/2021 :  3:50:19 PM  Show Profile  Visit jbvb's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Thanks, Chuck. It can certainly be 'a superdetailed car' as it has all the brake piping, but the end decals might draw criticism. I have other cars more likely to earn Merit, but no scratchbuilt cars as yet.

James

Orionvp17
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 02/09/2021 :  4:21:36 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Looks good from here, James. Keep giong!

Pete
in Michigan

Michael Hohn
Fireman

Posted - 02/09/2021 :  9:53:49 PM  Show Profile  Visit Michael Hohn's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Thatís a nice looking box car. Iíve built several Tichy kits and enjoyed them all.

Mike

Tyson Rayles

Premium Member

Posted - 02/10/2021 :  10:53:26 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

jbvb
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 02/10/2021 :  8:05:30 PM  Show Profile  Visit jbvb's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Thanks, Pete, Mike and Mike. I spent all day (except for shoveling the driveway before breakfast) working on my Structures AP paperwork. I'm not going to post a picture of a binder, but the punch list has only 3 items to be done before I email my AP Chair.

James

BurleyJim
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 02/11/2021 :  12:02:36 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Those pictures look pretty darn good in Indiana.

Jim

Take the red pill

Page: of 87 Topic Next Topic: Remaking the Ridley Keystone & Mountain  
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-2020 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 0.59 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000