Railroad Line Forums - FOS QK#23 Pressman Radio Repair
Railroad Line Forums
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Sponsors   Support the RRLine   Guestbook   FAQ     Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Live Chat | Avatar Legend | Search | Statistics
Photo Album | File Lister | File Library
[ Active Members: 4 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 222 ]  [ Total: 226 ]  [ Newest Member: Bigs704 ]
 All Forums
 Model Railroad Forums
 Mike Chambers' Craftsman's Corner
 FOS QK#23 Pressman Radio Repair
Previous Page
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Previous Topic: First Post Topic Next Topic: Water Tanks Bands
Page: of 2

postalkarl
Fireman

Posted - 01/31/2008 :  1:32:18 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Karl:

Very nice job on the building. Did you get my PM? Haven't heard back from you yet.

Karl S.

mikeLV
Crew Chief

Posted - 01/31/2008 :  9:24:37 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Karl, just checked this out. Great build. The pixs you took outdoor really show your work well!

Mike

Danny Head
Fireman

Posted - 02/01/2008 :  09:15:01 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Very nice job Karl. Danny

Larry Baker
Fireman

Posted - 02/01/2008 :  10:45:02 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Very nice, Karl. Looks like I may have to pick that one up also.

jonnyci
Engine Wiper

Posted - 02/01/2008 :  1:15:34 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Very nice indeed. I've ordered the kit myself.

UKGuy
Fireman

Posted - 02/01/2008 :  4:01:46 PM  Show Profile  Visit UKGuy's Homepage  Send UKGuy a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Thanks Jonny, Larry, Danny, Mike and Karl very much appreciated.

Try as I might I just cant seem to get a good pic of this, either its too dark, too bright, colour balance is way off. These are the best pics out of probably a hundred, I think I'll spend more time following Rick around at CSS08 and try and get some of his photographic genius to rub off on me.

Final details added - door handles, lamp over door, roof vent, roof trim, opensign, street numbersign and delivery times sign, I also lifted a few of the clapboards.

I think I'll work on a base while I try to decide what to build next, I need a couple of background half relief bigish structures but would like something different than the FOS ones for now, Shipyard Brewery looks interesting for a scratch-bash but I'm not convinced. I also want a tavern/bar to go on my (tentatively planned)wharf, I'm considering Rustys Haphazards but...

Any stucture suggestions , model or prototype that could fit the requirements would be gratefully accepted

Regards,
Karl.A

quote:
Originally posted by Larry Baker

Looks like I may have to pick that one up also.

Larry, this is an Oscale scratchbuild, I'm sure Dougs kit is of a much higher quality especially in the windows and doors, If however I misinterpreted your comment, I appologise.

Edited by - UKGuy on 02/01/2008 4:05:12 PM

Frederic Testard
Engineer

Premium Member

Posted - 02/01/2008 :  4:56:59 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Karl
These last pictures with the outdoor lighting show very well how nicely finished this new building is. Another great scratchbuild!

LynnB
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 02/03/2008 :  09:34:03 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Wow Karl nice weather job, did you do more weathering from the time you took the pic inside to the time you took the pic in the natural lite?

UKGuy
Fireman

Posted - 02/03/2008 :  9:56:57 PM  Show Profile  Visit UKGuy's Homepage  Send UKGuy a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Thanks Frederic/Lynn,
the pics inside werent weathered at all except for a little chalk on the roof, after those were taken I dry brushed the trim, doors, windows and some of the signs, more chalk on the roof and an A/I wash.

Regards,
Karl.A

railphotog
Fireman

Posted - 02/04/2008 :  06:58:39 AM  Show Profile  Visit railphotog's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Great model, lots of interesting fine details!

Re your poblem taking photos, perhaps you could detail what you are using and doing and you could get some help on the forum? Taking photos of light colored objects in bright sunlight can be a problem, as the camera wants to close down the aperture too much, making it too dark. Taking a reading off something darker such as the photographic standby of a gray card is an idea, then setting the camera to this reading. Of course this assumes you can set the camera controls. There are so many variables.

Bob Boudreau
My model railroad photography website:
http://sites.google.com/site/railphotog/

Rick
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 02/04/2008 :  09:07:07 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Karl, excellent model. The weathering is very realistic.

Thanks for the compliment but I'm far from being a genius. A couple of things I could recommend is to try taking your pictures in the shade and not in the direct sunlight. If you are going to shoot in directly sunlight, meter off of the darker areas as Bob suggests. To be honest with you, the pictures you posted look pretty good to me. Let us know what kind of camera you're using.

Page: of 2 Previous Topic: First Post Topic Next Topic: Water Tanks Bands  
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Previous Page
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-2020 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 0.41 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000