Railroad Line Forums - The Gallery: Nov. 2007 "Get Loaded"
Railroad Line Forums
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Sponsors   Support the RRLine   Guestbook   FAQ     Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Live Chat | Avatar Legend | Search | Statistics
Photo Album | File Lister | File Library
[ Active Members: 5 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 80 ]  [ Total: 85 ]  [ Newest Member: red dog ]
 All Forums
 Model Railroad Forums
 Railroad Photography Forum
 The Gallery: Nov. 2007 "Get Loaded"
Next Page
 New Topic |   Topic Locked | 
Author Previous Topic: Model Railroad Christmas Cards Topic Next Topic: JPG2000?
Page: of 8

Dutchman
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 11/04/2007 :  6:06:52 PM  Show Profile
If you are running freight trains, you are moving something somewhere. This month’s Photo Gallery is devoted to the loads of goods that our railroads move. So, whether those loads are still sitting on the loading dock at your factory, have been off-loaded on the dock at a freight station or team track, or are still on/in one of your freight cars, this is your opportunity to “show us your loads”.

We learn a lot from the pictures we share, whether model or prototype, so both types of photos are welcome.

As always, please adhere to the following posting requirements: photo files should be no more than 80kb @ 72ppi in size - even if downloading from a remote server or website - and can be no more than 7 inches in width (to prevent viewers from having to scroll back and forth to see the entire photo or read text on the same page). This can also be achieved by sizing your picture so the width is in the 680-720 pixel range.

Photo submissions not meeting the above requirements will be resized by the Moderator.

Dutchman
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 11/04/2007 :  6:16:32 PM  Show Profile
Let me kick off the month with two views of a loaded gondola. The 'pipes' are plastic coffee stirrers, and the crates are Walt's larger HO crates (Rusty Stumps Scale Models). As you can see, those crates fit perfectly into an Athearn gon.

jwb1323
Section Hand

Posted - 11/05/2007 :  11:39:37 AM  Show Profile  Visit jwb1323's Homepage
Here is a reworked Mantua gon with a pulpwood load:

Visit my layout at http://trainweb.org/lfnwfan

wvrr
Fireman

Posted - 11/05/2007 :  7:23:13 PM  Show Profile  Visit wvrr's Homepage
Ah, getting loaded. Another interesting subject....

OK, a small tale. These boys are a little dry. The pub is closed since there is no beer.

So, an order of beer was made with the Stegmaier Brewery in Wilkes-Barre, PA.

Which shipped a load in this reefer. I know the side of the reefer isn't advertising Steg, but it was the only thing available at the time.

The car was then dropped at the local freight house, who will make a deliver to Piquette's Pub.

No pictures of what happened next. It was ugly. I could have sworn I overheard one of the boys you see in the first picture mentioning, "Getting loaded."

Chuck

Ray46
Engine Wiper

Posted - 11/05/2007 :  8:58:06 PM  Show Profile
Great photos everyone. Chuck, your narrative may be more true than we like to think.

My railroad ran a little short of pulpwood cars and had to commandeer a flat car for a load. I made a scratch-built load from different sized dowels, scraped with a razor saw and stained with an India Ink wash. It's not a project for the impatient.

Ray

Edited by - Ray46 on 11/05/2007 8:59:52 PM

Coaltrain
Fireman

Posted - 11/06/2007 :  06:30:42 AM  Show Profile
I can tie last months "Black Diamonds" thread and this months "Get loaded" together with some of my photos.

loaded coal hoppers.

loading coke the hard way, by men with strong backs.

loading coke the "easy" way, by machine.

topping of the tender with a fresh load of coal.

here we will kill two birds with one stone and show a small coal loader and the loading of flat cars with lumber.

Dutchman
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 11/06/2007 :  07:53:18 AM  Show Profile
John, Chuck, Ray, & Jeff,

Thanks for jumping in on this month's topic.

Chuck, a neat story, and it is always a joy to see the VHBX car.

Nice pics, all.

brakie
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 11/06/2007 :  10:45:25 AM  Show Profile
Heres a load of steel coils.

I have since painted the coils "Oily Black".The car is a old MDC kit and I added a Chooch "Coil Steel Load"

Dutchman
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 11/06/2007 :  5:13:43 PM  Show Profile
That's a good looking gon and load, Larry.

It looks like a boxcar has been spotted at the team track.

(Ramp is from Rusty Stumps Scale Models.)

FiatFan
Engine Wiper

Posted - 11/06/2007 :  8:55:20 PM  Show Profile
I'll throw in a couple of oldies from last summer. I haven't replaced my dead camera yet so there are no recent pictures.

Some new tractors are being delivered to Drew's Deere. He bought the old Feed and Seed Company and is adding a line of John Deere tractors. As you can see, the building also received a fresh coat of paint. The new sign is in the shop having the finishing touches added.

Tom

simon1966
Fireman

Posted - 11/06/2007 :  9:04:11 PM  Show Profile  Visit simon1966's Homepage
For this months photo you are getting something from a non-forum member. My 8 year old Christopher, known as Crispy to everyone, wanted to enter one of his freight cars. So here is Crispy's hand weathered covered cement hopper.

Edited by - simon1966 on 11/06/2007 9:05:46 PM

Dutchman
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 11/06/2007 :  10:05:45 PM  Show Profile
Tom, I love the lash up of critters.

Simon, tell Crispy he did a great job on that hopper.

lumberjack
Crew Chief

Posted - 11/07/2007 :  7:54:49 PM  Show Profile
A little action on the Bay Shore Railroad.

Gerry Gilliland

Maritime Lumber

absnut
New Hire

Posted - 11/07/2007 :  8:10:40 PM  Show Profile
Don't know what it is but, it's obviously big and heavy and takes up a lot of rail-space in the little town of Danville's small yard.

Dick

jwb1323
Section Hand

Posted - 11/08/2007 :  11:03:49 AM  Show Profile  Visit jwb1323's Homepage
Gerry, what is the loco in your photo?

Visit my layout at http://trainweb.org/lfnwfan

jbaakko
New Hire

Posted - 11/08/2007 :  2:47:40 PM  Show Profile  Visit jbaakko's Homepage  Click to see jbaakko's MSN Messenger address  Send jbaakko a Yahoo! Message
I don't stop by here much, it hard enough to keep up with the number of forums I frequent!

Here's two loads. Both are unfinished (I'm slow, too many projects!).

Josh

Page: of 8 Previous Topic: Model Railroad Christmas Cards Topic Next Topic: JPG2000?  
 New Topic |   Topic Locked | 
Next Page
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-19 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 0.72 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000