Railroad Line Forums - posting photos using FireFox/Mozilla
Railroad Line Forums
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Sponsors   Support the RRLine   Guestbook   FAQ     Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Live Chat | Avatar Legend | Search | Statistics
Photo Album | File Lister | File Library
[ Active Members: 5 | Anonymous Members: 1 | Guests: 92 ]  [ Total: 98 ]  [ Newest Member: pctrain19 ]
 All Forums
 General Forums
 The Arrival Track
 posting photos using FireFox/Mozilla
Next Page
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Previous Topic: Introducing myself Topic Next Topic: 4 new members of the forum
Page: of 2

Dreamweaver
Crew Chief

Posted - 10/29/2007 :  04:58:44 AM  Show Profile  Send Dreamweaver a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
This is a how to for posting photo's to any Snitz Forum using FireFox/Mozilla/netscape browsers.

1. Click the Photo loading Icon

Notice in this picture I left the full screen shot so that you can see clearly that I am using Firefox/Mozilla.

2. Click on the Paper clip Insert a File button.

3. A window will appear click on browse.

4. Choose the picture you want to upload

5. When the picture you are uploading is highlighted then click on "Open"

6. Click on "Upload File to (Your Screenname Here) Post" NOTICE THE FILE NAME NEXT TO BROWSE

7. After file uploads hold the left key on the mouse down and highlight the "Link" name.

8. Right click and chose "Copy"

8B. After you clicked "Copy" then click "Please Click Here to Close this Window"

9. Place mouse Between the bracketed img and /img that appeared when you first clicked the upload photo Icon in step one.

10. Right click and select "Paste"

11. That's it make sure you move the mouse to the end of the line behind the last bracket before you do anything else.

Mike J

Bbags
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 10/29/2007 :  07:04:40 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Mike,
I made this topic a sticky.

John Bagley
Modeling the Alaska Railroad in HO in Wildwood Georgia.

southriv
Engine Wiper

Posted - 10/29/2007 :  08:13:28 AM  Show Profile  Visit southriv's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Regarding this method - Ditto on a Mac.

Bob

Rick
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 10/29/2007 :  09:15:54 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Excellent tutorial Mike. Hopefully this will solve some problems and allow more people to post pictures. Thanks for taking the time to put this together.

hvig
Crew Chief

Posted - 10/29/2007 :  09:28:16 AM  Show Profile  Visit hvig's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Thanks. I didn't know about the photo loading icon. I just typed the "img" and "/img" myself. (left off the square brackets because I don't have a real image". It wasn't too bad because once typed, I could copy and paste it. A single button sure is easier.

lab-dad
Fireman

Posted - 10/29/2007 :  09:53:36 AM  Show Profile  Visit lab-dad's Homepage  Send lab-dad a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Thank you!
I knew it was simple.......
-Marty

MikeC
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 10/29/2007 :  3:53:03 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well, I'm glad this solves the Mozilla/Netscape/Firefox file uploading problem. Thanks, Mike, for taking the time to figure out this solution to the problem and putting together the tutorial.

Greg Rich
Engine Wiper

Posted - 11/02/2007 :  11:31:17 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Mike,
I regret reopening this topic, but I tried your very well written tutorial on loading pictures several times and things on this end just are not working.
I follow the sequence and get to the step in which I am to push the "upload" button; I do, . . . . and in a couple of seconds a cryptic message in computereze appears, and it goes something like this:

Request object error ASP0104:8000400
Operation not allowed
/Forum/output file.asp,line13

I'm sure that this means something to someone, but it's wasted on me.

Any Ideas? I'd sure like to share some PIX with you folks,

Regards,
Greg Rich

LVRALPH
Fireman

Posted - 11/03/2007 :  05:15:44 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Is your picture to big? The file must be a certain size to post, I think under 100K. Check that and resize if necessary. I get that message when my pic is to large. Just a thought, I could be wrong. It is nice to have such talent such as Mike J on this forum to show the way on subjects like that.

Dreamweaver
Crew Chief

Posted - 11/04/2007 :  01:45:22 AM  Show Profile  Send Dreamweaver a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
AH shuck thanks Ralphy

Mike J

Dreamweaver
Crew Chief

Posted - 11/04/2007 :  02:05:43 AM  Show Profile  Send Dreamweaver a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Greg I think there might have been a problem with the forum when you tried to post the pictures because I tried it shortly there after on both Mozilla and IE and had the same response.

There I tried it again tonight and it works fine

By the way this is a Florida biker

Mike J

Edited by - Dreamweaver on 11/05/2007 07:14:53 AM

sparkman
Engine Wiper

Posted - 11/05/2007 :  10:00:14 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks Mike!!

I posted the above pic as confirmation.
It works, I hated switching to IE to post pics.
Thanks again.
-david j

dave m
Engine Wiper

Premium Member

Posted - 02/18/2008 :  7:24:33 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
As I read finally, things go much smoother without any spaces or punctuation & (INCLUDING THE AMPERSAND) in the file name.

Edited by - dave m on 02/18/2008 7:25:17 PM

robert goslin
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 05/22/2008 :  10:44:48 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Excellent tutorial, but i'm still having a slight problem posting more than one photo. Uploaded some last night, but only the first one appears on the screen, while the others are just attachments that have to opened individually to be seen. I'm assuming that maybe I am placing the cursor in the wrong spot or some such thing.
Any help appreciated.
Regards Rob.

Regards Rob

Despite the cost of living, it's still popular.

Dutchman
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 05/22/2008 :  11:08:17 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Robert,

If you are going to load 5 pictures, you have to click on the photo loading icon 5 times.

That gives you five sets of {img} {/img} (only with square brackets).

Then you click on the paper clip upload icon, past the first picture into the first set of "{img} {/img}"s, then go back, click on the paper clip and upload the second picture, copy and paste it into the second set, etc.

I hope this makes sense.

Edited by - Dutchman on 05/22/2008 11:10:59 PM

robert goslin
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 06/05/2008 :  05:28:04 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Bruce
Thanks for the info on loading more than one photo. Once explained it was clear and I'm now posting plenty of pics for people to see.
Regards Rob.

Regards Rob

Despite the cost of living, it's still popular.

Page: of 2 Previous Topic: Introducing myself Topic Next Topic: 4 new members of the forum  
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic | 
Next Page
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-19 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 0.42 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000