Railroad Line Forums - My Prototype Reference Photos for Nscale
Railroad Line Forums
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Sponsors   Support the RRLine   Guestbook   FAQ     Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Live Chat | Avatar Legend | Search | Statistics
Photo Album | File Lister | File Library
[ Active Members: 7 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 191 ]  [ Total: 198 ]  [ Newest Member: jfields ]
 All Forums
 Model Railroad Forums
 Small Scale Model Railroad Forum
 My Prototype Reference Photos for Nscale
Next Page
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Previous Topic: Out with the HO, in with the N Topic Next Topic: L&N nuts cheepo turnout throws
Page: of 4

LandNnut
Fireman

Posted - 10/21/2007 :  04:15:30 AM  Show Profile  Visit LandNnut's Homepage  Reply with Quote
These pictures were taken in 2005 with a cannon AE-1 program. The photo lab put them on a 3.5 floppy. The pictures were taken in or near Copperhill, TN.

Taccoa river bridge. Its just over into Georgia on the Hook and Eye Line.

Edited by - LandNnut on 01/30/2009 10:55:11 AM

Peterpools
Engineer

Posted - 10/21/2007 :  05:51:34 AM  Show Profile  Visit Peterpools's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Jon
Thanks for posting the photos. Some very interesting details and weathering details.
Peter

Tyson Rayles

Premium Member

Posted - 10/21/2007 :  06:14:44 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hey Jon I keep meaning to drive over there, but haven't gotten around to it yet. They say the area has recovered somewhat now that the mine is no longer operating. It used to look like a moonscape, maybe these pics will get me to go back and look again.

LandNnut
Fireman

Posted - 10/22/2007 :  2:56:33 PM  Show Profile  Visit LandNnut's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Here is a moon scape picture from the Libary of Congress taken in the 1930's.

But with the reddish colors maybe it is more like mars.
I had lots of fun trying to figure out how to reduce the photo from some thing like 6mb to what the forum will take. I managed to blunder through it using the software that came with my HP 5610xi all-in-one printer.
More bridge photos:

L&N nut
Jon

Edited by - LandNnut on 01/30/2009 11:08:34 AM

LandNnut
Fireman

Posted - 10/23/2007 :  12:21:18 AM  Show Profile  Visit LandNnut's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Would it be a good idea to post links in other forums like Photography and Research to get some more action in the Small Scale Forum? It seems like somebody might stop in the middle of a layout construction topic with oh by the way here is a link to a topic about how I built the structure that's in the photo. I sort of tried that with a link to The Nscale Coffee Table Charity Layout but it seems like everybody had already seen the Coffee Table.
More photos of the Taccoa river bridge:

The photo of the back of the fat guy is of me.

Edited by - LandNnut on 01/30/2009 11:04:51 AM

Tyson Rayles

Premium Member

Posted - 10/23/2007 :  08:59:53 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
You can if you like Jon, sometimes it generates some action.

Tyson Rayles

Premium Member

Posted - 10/23/2007 :  1:09:49 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well we don't have that book in stock, we have an order coming in later this week, maybe it will be in it.

LandNnut
Fireman

Posted - 10/24/2007 :  4:34:32 PM  Show Profile  Visit LandNnut's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Thanks

More photos:

The RR south side approach track.

Edited by - LandNnut on 01/30/2009 11:21:43 AM

LandNnut
Fireman

Posted - 12/24/2007 :  02:46:26 AM  Show Profile  Visit LandNnut's Homepage  Reply with Quote
More Photos:

Edited by - LandNnut on 01/30/2009 11:20:25 AM

LandNnut
Fireman

Posted - 07/27/2008 :  8:44:57 PM  Show Profile  Visit LandNnut's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Thought I would bump this topic back up to the top of the Small Scale forum with some more prototype reference photos that I scanned from prints taken in 1997-8.
Jon

LandNnut
Fireman

Posted - 07/29/2008 :  10:59:46 PM  Show Profile  Visit LandNnut's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Ducktown and Copperhill TN area Sept 1939. Library of Congress Photos with no restrictions on publication:

LandNnut
Fireman

Posted - 07/29/2008 :  11:24:58 PM  Show Profile  Visit LandNnut's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Ducktown TN with the Bura Bura head frame in the background:

Hamilton county TN results of the Depression and The original idea for the Beverly Hillbillies:

LandNnut
Fireman

Posted - 07/31/2008 :  6:10:19 PM  Show Profile  Visit LandNnut's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Well fellow RR-Line members judging on the amount of response
I am wondering whether or not to continue posting photos here?
?

Oh well here are a few more photos:

LandNnut
Fireman

Posted - 08/10/2008 :  10:42:42 PM  Show Profile  Visit LandNnut's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Well there is no response so I will let this topic die a quiet death.
Bye;
L&N nut
Jon

Edit: More photos:

Edited by - LandNnut on 01/30/2009 11:18:34 AM

Tyson Rayles

Premium Member

Posted - 08/11/2008 :  07:18:30 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Jon now you know model railroading's dirty little secret, most modelers don't care about southern R.R.'s. Notice how few you ever see in the mags? Yet we get beat to death with northern Appalaccian coal haulers and Colorado narrow gauge to the point I got tired of buying the mags cause I was sick of looking at them. Of course they can't print what they don't have. There is nothing some one can do when modeling either subject that hasn't been done 10,000 times before them and it's most likely it was done better but yet they continue to beat the dead horse!

Miles
Crew Chief

Posted - 08/11/2008 :  1:53:50 PM  Show Profile  Visit Miles's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Tyson, isn't that the truth!

I'm guessing that's a copper smelting plant in copper hill, TN? It's really neat. I appreciate any historical photographs, they're a window into the past.

I really enjoy southern shortline railroading. The amount of character on some of them make Narrow gauge operations look like the Pennsy in comparison.

Page: of 4 Previous Topic: Out with the HO, in with the N Topic Next Topic: L&N nuts cheepo turnout throws  
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Next Page
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-19 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 0.39 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000