Railroad Line Forums - The Gallery: June 2007 "Rolling Stock - Revisited"
Railroad Line Forums
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Sponsors   Support the RRLine   Guestbook   FAQ     Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Live Chat | Avatar Legend | Search | Statistics
Photo Album | File Lister | File Library
[ Active Members: 1 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 96 ]  [ Total: 97 ]  [ Newest Member: rkovvur ]
 All Forums
 Model Railroad Forums
 Railroad Photography Forum
 The Gallery: June 2007 "Rolling Stock - Revisited"
Next Page
 New Topic |   Topic Locked | 
Author Previous Topic: A great trawler Topic Next Topic: Open House Photos.
Page: of 14

Dutchman
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 06/01/2007 :  09:09:00 AM  Show Profile
It has been a little over two years since we have devoted a Photo Gallery to the rolling stock that is so central to our hobby.

Here is the opportunity to share pictures of your favorite cars, prototype or model. If you have been busy weathering or scratchbuilding rolling stock, this is also a great opportunity to share your work with your fellow modelers, so post away!

As always, please adhere to the following posting requirements: photo files should be no more than 80kb @ 72ppi in size - even if downloading from a remote server or website - and can be no more than 7 inches in width (to prevent viewers from having to scroll back and forth to see the entire photo or read text on the same page). This can also be achieved by sizing your picture so the width is in the 680-720 pixel range.

Photo submissions not meeting the above requirements will be resized by the Moderator.

Cigarguy
Fireman

Posted - 06/01/2007 :  09:42:37 AM  Show Profile
Well, I guess I'll start off this month's gallery with a few photos.

First, here is a logging flatcar that I made for last year's interchange. This car traveled all across the U.S., and was last seen somewhere in Canada.

In this photo, engine number 45 switches out a string of cabeese for the D&B Lumber Company.

This promises to be another great month of photos, Bruce. Excellent choice!

Mike
D&B Lumber Co.
"The Best Wood You Ever Saw!"

Cigarguy
Fireman

Posted - 06/01/2007 :  09:47:08 AM  Show Profile
This little car was made by a friend of mine, Bob Alt, after I showed him some photos of Train Clown's backwoods trailer.

Bob decided to do one in HO scale. This car is a little over an inch long!

Mike
D&B Lumber Co.

simon1966
Fireman

Posted - 06/01/2007 :  09:47:47 AM  Show Profile  Visit simon1966's Homepage
For those of you that know me from the "other" forum you will know that this is one of my favorite subjects. This is IMO one of the very best ways to get kids involved in the hobby and a great way to spend some quality time with the young ones in our lives.

My youngest boy Christopher weathered this box car, he is 7. There is nothing I enjoy more than taking my boys to the LHS to pick up an Athearn BB kit. Even younger kids with some help can get these simple kits assembled. Then we hit the web and look for prototype examples to copy the weathering. Ink-wash, paints, weathering powders and some patience and guidance lead to an hour of two of modelling pleasure, and I hope a lifetime of memories. One-by-one my nephews and nieces are making their own personal car to run on my layout. Just looking at the pride on their young faces as they run a train with "their" freight car is priceless.

Here is one from my 12 year old niece who visited from the UK over Christmas.

This does not cost a lot to do but has great rewards. Who knows it might even spark a future modellers interest?

Edited by - simon1966 on 06/01/2007 09:51:10 AM

Cigarguy
Fireman

Posted - 06/01/2007 :  09:52:12 AM  Show Profile
Here are a couple of shots that I took on my friend Dan Mitchell's Great Northern layout.

Mike
D&B Lumber Co.

Chuck Doan
Fireman

Posted - 06/01/2007 :  10:05:29 AM  Show Profile
Here is an On3 freelanced model based on a Michigan-California Lumber Co. prototype water car.

Not a great runner due to the dragging brake shoes, but then I don't have any track to run her on yet!

CD

MikeC
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 06/01/2007 :  10:21:57 AM  Show Profile
This month's Gallery is off to a "running" start. Lots of excellent rolling stock picutred here, guys.

Dreamweaver
Crew Chief

Posted - 06/01/2007 :  10:23:50 AM  Show Profile  Send Dreamweaver a Yahoo! Message
Hello Gent's

Good Idea for this month's gallery, how about next month we do one for Locomotives as well.

I have to many to post here so I'll leave a link to my Rolling stock gallery on my web site instead.

http://www.dreamweavertrains.com/rollingstockgallery.htm

Here are a few photos:

Mike J

MikeC
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 06/01/2007 :  10:29:48 AM  Show Profile
Here are two tool or work cabooses that I scratchbuilt a few years back. The first one is HOn3, the second one is HO standard gauge. Both are lettered for the Osage Valley Tie & Lumber Co.

Dreamweaver
Crew Chief

Posted - 06/01/2007 :  10:37:32 AM  Show Profile  Send Dreamweaver a Yahoo! Message
Perfect as usual Mike.

Mike J

Dutchman
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 06/01/2007 :  10:44:47 AM  Show Profile
Wow! I open the thread, go out to wash the truck, and there are 17 pictures posted already.

Let's hope the trend continues!

cnj999
Engine Wiper

Posted - 06/01/2007 :  11:18:05 AM  Show Profile
While not an up-to-date model by any means (its over 50 years old), I'll offer up a photo of one of my very favorite pieces of vintage rolling stock. It's a Mathieson Dry Ice Reefer, orginally issued as a kit by Laconia Models around the time of WWII. Being unique, as well as prototypically authentic for the era my layout is set in, I think it's worthy of spotlighting in this thread.

John

Dutchman
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 06/01/2007 :  11:33:59 AM  Show Profile
John,

That is surely a classic.

TRAINS1941
Engineer

Premium Member

Posted - 06/01/2007 :  11:53:39 AM  Show Profile
Hey Guys they are some really nice models. Nice idea Bruce.

Jerry

Jerry

"And in the end, itís not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years." A. Lincoln

Karl Osolinski
Fireman

Posted - 06/01/2007 :  12:21:03 PM  Show Profile

Hello,

A scratch-built, seen better days, work caboose.

Karl O.
Berkley, MI

Tim Kerkhoff
Fireman

Posted - 06/01/2007 :  2:06:02 PM  Show Profile  Send Tim Kerkhoff a Yahoo! Message
Great work all and nice photos too.

Page: of 14 Previous Topic: A great trawler Topic Next Topic: Open House Photos.  
 New Topic |   Topic Locked | 
Next Page
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-19 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 0.39 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000