Railroad Line Forums - SRM Thorndike Mills with a Western Twist
Railroad Line Forums
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Sponsors   Support the RRLine   Guestbook   FAQ     Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Live Chat | Avatar Legend | Search | Statistics
Photo Album | File Lister | File Library
[ Active Members: 4 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 268 ]  [ Total: 272 ]  [ Newest Member: Bigs704 ]
 All Forums
 Model Railroad Forums
 Mike Chambers' Craftsman's Corner
 SRM Thorndike Mills with a Western Twist
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Previous Topic: Houligans Alley & Deckers  - Together Out West Topic Next Topic: siera west kits
Page: of 7

PaulD
Crew Chief

Posted - 05/10/2007 :  12:07:34 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well Gregg, we often see superb modelling on this forum but the first pic is so exceptional you could fool the commoner into believing it's a real mill. You deserve at least 1000 attaboys for this one and please add one more from me.
Very humbling and awe inspiring indeed. I've promised myself a SRMW kit when my money comes through.
Dunny

Ho Henry
Crew Chief

Posted - 05/10/2007 :  01:32:15 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
WOW!
Love the pouring water.

You've captured the realism of the moment as well as an extremely realistic and well constructed mill.

Photos are quite deceiving, one not knowing would actually believe that this was indeed a distance shot of a real building.

Beautiful.

ho henry

jimmydeignan
Engine Wiper

Posted - 05/10/2007 :  05:49:35 AM  Show Profile  Visit jimmydeignan's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi Gregg.
Big change from the pics Jim first sent me when he was done! It really looks great.
Those mountains in your backdrop are awesome. Is that artwork imported from China???

Jimmy

smason2
Fireman

Posted - 05/10/2007 :  08:09:36 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
OK, the first time I thought it might just be beginner's luck. Now you're just showing off!

Can I hire you to build some stuff for me? Fair is fair.

Great job. You're gonna need a bigger layout.

Scott

nalmeida
Fireman

Posted - 05/10/2007 :  10:24:38 AM  Show Profile  Visit nalmeida's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Wonderful diorama Greg, love the structure but it was the rock work that really impressed me, do you have any detail (macro) pictures from the rocky area?

Ken Hamilton
Crew Chief

Posted - 05/10/2007 :  10:27:56 AM  Show Profile  Visit Ken Hamilton's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Each new picture is better than the last.
This is an exceptional piece of work. Great job!!!

Ken Hamilton
www.wildharemodels.com
http://public.fotki.com/khamilton/models/

Larry Baker
Fireman

Posted - 05/10/2007 :  10:44:29 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Gregg, that is about the most fantastic diorama that I have ever seen. Every aspect of it is outstanding. You made it even better with the great photography and the perfect background setting. I would give you even more compliments but I have to go to my train room and burn every model I ever built.

RW
Engine Wiper

Posted - 05/10/2007 :  10:50:34 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by smason2

OK, the first time I thought it might just be beginner's luck. Now you're just showing off!

Scott

Scott!
He's looking for your JOB!????
RW

Rick
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 05/10/2007 :  12:26:28 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Gregg, outstanding modeling and photography. Everything looks very realistic. I think most people looking at your pics would believe they were looking at a real mill. Again, congratulaations on a very nice diorama and thanks for sharing your pictures.

ETinBH
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 05/10/2007 :  7:46:57 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Absolutely astounding work - at the highest level!

Elliott

GreggW
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 05/10/2007 :  8:15:09 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by PaulD

Well Gregg, we often see superb modelling on this forum but the first pic is so exceptional you could fool the commoner into believing it's a real mill. You deserve at least 1000 attaboys for this one and please add one more from me.
Very humbling and awe inspiring indeed. I've promised myself a SRMW kit when my money comes through.
Dunny

Thanks for the complements. I want to be first in line to hand deliver that SRMW kit for you!!

Gregg

GreggW
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 05/10/2007 :  8:47:06 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Ho Henry

WOW!
Love the pouring water.

You've captured the realism of the moment as well as an extremely realistic and well constructed mill.

Photos are quite deceiving, one not knowing would actually believe that this was indeed a distance shot of a real building.

Beautiful.

ho henry

Henry,

Thanks for your kind words. I agree with you that the water adds much (thanks to Bob for the great use of water in his kit design). Here are a couple more water shots.

Gregg

GreggW
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 05/10/2007 :  8:55:02 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by jimmydeignan

Hi Gregg.
Big change from the pics Jim first sent me when he was done! It really looks great.
Those mountains in your backdrop are awesome. Is that artwork imported from China???

Jimmy

Jimmy,

Thanks. Jim and I seemed to have come up with a winning combination (two heads are better than one; or four hands; or something like that). Yes, these mountains and hills are special. That's why I chose to live here. Oh, the artwork from China is hanging on the walls inside the mill office.

Gregg

GreggW
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 05/10/2007 :  9:00:03 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by smason2

Scott

Scott,

Thanks for the praise. You sure would not want to hire me by the hour. I am just too slow!!! I always seem to find one more thing to fix, then another, then another ..... so I never seem to be able to move on to the next project. That said, I do owe you a few.

Gregg

GreggW
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 05/10/2007 :  9:11:07 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by nalmeida

Wonderful diorama Greg, love the structure but it was the rock work that really impressed me, do you have any detail (macro) pictures from the rocky area?

Thanks. Here are a couple rock detail shots.

Gregg

Page: of 7 Previous Topic: Houligans Alley & Deckers  - Together Out West Topic Next Topic: siera west kits  
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-2020 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 0.47 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000