Railroad Line Forums - Craftsman's TOOLS
Railroad Line Forums
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Sponsors   Support the RRLine   Guestbook   FAQ     Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Live Chat | Avatar Legend | Search | Statistics
Photo Album | File Lister | File Library
[ Active Members: 2 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 134 ]  [ Total: 136 ]  [ Newest Member: Bigbandito ]
 All Forums
 Model Railroad Forums
 Mike Chambers' Craftsman's Corner
 Craftsman's TOOLS
Previous Page
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Previous Topic: Cutting sheet brass... Topic Next Topic: flattening out thin plywood?
Page: of 6

Bernd
Fireman

Posted - 04/27/2015 :  7:45:17 PM  Show Profile  Visit Bernd's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Thanks guys. Reminds me that I need to do a write up.

Bernd

emccamey
Crew Chief

Posted - 04/28/2015 :  10:41:46 AM  Show Profile  Visit emccamey's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Bernd

Thanks guys. Reminds me that I need to do a write up.

Bernd

Bernd,
You need to do a write up.
-ed-

OldGuy
Section Hand

Posted - 04/29/2015 :  11:09:18 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have several pieces of polished granite that I use for weights and building-under-construction work surfaces. Some pieces are 3-inch circles (great for weighing down small glued pieces; several square and rectangle sections for holding projects and for weighing down larger glued pieces, and some 1x1x14 pieces, again for weights.

In addition, I have several old drafting boards, triangles, and T-squares from college days that work extremely well for scratch building.

Bob Dye

adrian_batey
Fireman

Posted - 01/20/2016 :  11:34:39 PM  Show Profile  Visit adrian_batey's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Just a not about soemthing i did yesterday. I was cleaning up my bench and had my ultrasonic cleaner out. I out all my stainless tools and xacto ect in for a few minutes. made everything look like new :-) never even thought of it previously.

Owen Pass Lumber Company
HO Logging Layout in a Shed.
https://owenpass.blogspot.com/

kebmo
Fireman

Posted - 10/11/2016 :  6:42:50 PM  Show Profile  Visit kebmo's Homepage  Reply with Quote
i ran out of #11 blades the other day and logged in to amazon prime to order some. they are offering a package of 100 #11 blades by techni-edge for $12.74. is anyone familiar with this brand of blades? it almost sounds too good to be true.

the only mystery in life is...why did the kamikaze pilots wear helmets?

Nelson458
Fireman

Posted - 12/18/2016 :  11:38:47 AM  Show Profile  Visit Nelson458's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by kebmo

i ran out of #11 blades the other day and logged in to amazon prime to order some. they are offering a package of 100 #11 blades by techni-edge for $12.74. is anyone familiar with this brand of blades? it almost sounds too good to be true.

I recently bought a couple of packs of 100 and find them as good as any other blade I have used. So I would say, go for it. They work great for me, and the price is really good. I have heard others say good things too, on other sites.

Tony Burgess
Exploring the unknown requires tolerating uncertainty.~ Brian Greene

kebmo
Fireman

Posted - 12/18/2016 :  11:53:45 AM  Show Profile  Visit kebmo's Homepage  Reply with Quote
i bought them and they are every bit as good as exacto....maybe a little better. they seem more durable.

the only mystery in life is...why did the kamikaze pilots wear helmets?

quartergauger48
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 12/18/2016 :  3:41:29 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Tony I've found that the Micro Marc, brand blades seem to last much linger that the Exacto. I use the # 2A for most of my O Scale work as it's a larger blade. I agree that the Amazon blades are quite good as well, and priced right'..

southpier
Engine Wiper

Posted - 12/19/2016 :  1:10:56 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
isn't there a whole thread on these blades?

Nelson458
Fireman

Posted - 12/27/2016 :  07:59:18 AM  Show Profile  Visit Nelson458's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Thanks to a previous post on angle blocks, I did a search for them, and I came across these little items on Amazon. They are about 1/4" thick, and the most common is a 45/45/90 degree angle, but there is also a set from 1°, 2°, 3°, 4°, 5°, 10°, 15°, 20°, 25°, 30° Precision +/- 20 Seconds accuracy. I saw them first on Amazon for $40

They also have a set with just the 30-60-90 & 45-45-90 angles. for $30.

I remember having to set posts of a shed at certain angles. You can use these easily to do just that or make a styrene jig using these blocks. I wouldn't say they are a necessary tool, but for some, they look pretty handy.

The angle blocks are also available at MSC for a higher price.
https://www.mscdirect.com/product/details/91099630

Tony Burgess
Exploring the unknown requires tolerating uncertainty.~ Brian Greene

Bernd
Fireman

Posted - 12/27/2016 :  08:11:59 AM  Show Profile  Visit Bernd's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Nice find Tony. With me having machine tools you'd think I'd own a set. Will have to look into getting a set.

Bernd

Page: of 6 Previous Topic: Cutting sheet brass... Topic Next Topic: flattening out thin plywood?  
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Previous Page
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-19 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 0.42 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000