Railroad Line Forums - Posting Photos - a slightly easier way...
Railroad Line Forums
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Sponsors   Support the RRLine   Guestbook   FAQ     Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Live Chat | Avatar Legend | Search | Statistics
Photo Album | File Lister | File Library
[ Active Members: 4 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 120 ]  [ Total: 124 ]  [ Newest Member: Bigbandito ]
 All Forums
 Railroad Line Administrative Forums
 Administrative Posts
 Posting Photos - a slightly easier way...
Next Page
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Previous Topic: Annoying Computer Ads Topic Next Topic: Topic Subscription?
Page: of 2

wbbho
Engine Wiper

Posted - 11/08/2006 :  12:20:13 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I posted this in a different topic, thought perhaps others might be interested:

Here is an easier way I found to do that takes away the need to remember all the deletions and added text:

On the 'Reply to Topic' screen, above the font color box and callouts is an 'Insert Image" button....

click on this button and you get the required "[img.][/img.]" text inserted in your reply

Then click "Insert a file", select your image file and upload as per normal, and this appears:

Select the HTTP:/ to the .jpg (without the quote marks) as I have shown above.
Copy and paste it between the square brackets of the img][/img Like this....

Then delete the whole "[b]Download Attachment..." paragraph. Its use is finished.

Combine that with liberal use of the Preview button for WYSIWYG checking.
And thats it!

No more wondering what to delete or what to type around the image link. Works every time.

Keep posting photos

Will S

teejay
Fireman

Posted - 11/08/2006 :  5:33:07 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
No offense , Will , but this looks more complicated to me than the old way . Maybe it's just ' familiarity '.

Terry

MikeC
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 11/08/2006 :  8:25:23 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Actually, I tried it several times this afternoon. It's as easy as Will says, only I used cut and paste instead of copy/paste. (Less stuff to have to select and delete that way.) However, by the time I was finished, it seemed to take about the same amount of time and mouse clicks as the "old" way, which I've been using for the last 4 years. I think in the long run it's like computer systems which have 2 or 3 different ways to accomplish the same task. Some folks prefer to use keyboard commands, others prefer to click and/or drag the mouse/cursor, and others write scripts or set up macros to accomplish the task. In other words, it comes down to a matter of individual preference and what each person finds most convenient for his/her way of getting something done.

Will's method is definitely valid and gets the job done. Thanks for the tip, Will.

Tim Kerkhoff
Fireman

Posted - 11/08/2006 :  9:34:48 PM  Show Profile  Send Tim Kerkhoff a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
I like it better Will, thanks for the tip. I am not sure its faster, but I like the sequence a little better. Sounds like its all about preference.

k9wrangler
Engineer

Posted - 11/08/2006 :  10:35:27 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I've never figured it out and simply resort to listing my photos on Photobucket. I can use them other places as well.

Karl Scribner
Sunfield Twp. Michigan
H.M.F.I.C
Kentucky Southern Railway
The Spartan Line

jatravia
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 11/08/2006 :  11:06:46 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I like the IMG button myself. I do it a little different though. I import my image and delete the parts of the line I don't want. Then I highlight the line and hit the IMG button. The IMG tags surround the image text and I'm good.

Joe <><

wbbho
Engine Wiper

Posted - 11/09/2006 :  01:14:24 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
No offence taken Terry - I like familiarity too.
Joe, I like your method - didn't know it would do that.

I use this because sometimes I have trouble remembering my own name let alone whether and where to use square-brackets or round-brackets, forward-slash or back-slash, and you want 'img' where?

This doesn't speed things up, just reduces the chance of brain-fade affecting my posts!

Still W
Swil L
Bob S

arrrgghhh bugger it!
ME!

I suppose its a bit like this.... "You want me to do what where?"

Thats one smart dog.

Edited by - wbbho on 11/09/2006 01:20:46 AM

LVRALPH
Fireman

Posted - 11/09/2006 :  06:29:42 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thats the way I have been doing it. Sprink on the Atlas forum taught me that. Real easy.

Dreamweaver
Crew Chief

Posted - 11/09/2006 :  5:08:10 PM  Show Profile  Send Dreamweaver a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Hello Guy's

I think I have an even easier way although I don't know how to do all those fancy screen captures.

1st click the "inserst Image" button like Will said this will give you the html code for the picture.

2nd click on the "insert a file" paper clip below the text window, and chose what file to up load,

So far it's the same as Will said.
But here is the difference, after you have uploaded the file there will be a popup window that has the infor for your photo the last line say "Link" then in blue letteres it says "data/YOUR SCREENAME/and attachiment infor
here is an example:
data/dreamweaver/200611917229_els001.jpg

just copy and paste this between the "Insert Image" brackets then erase the whole paragraph like Will said.

Mike J

bpate
Fireman

Posted - 11/09/2006 :  9:16:02 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks Will, that saves me having to type every time I post a picture.

Now can you explain the one next to it please? The 'Insert Code' button.

Cheers

Barry

wbbho
Engine Wiper

Posted - 11/10/2006 :  04:14:35 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Barry,
Shhhhhh, its a secret code......

Will S

wbbho
Engine Wiper

Posted - 11/10/2006 :  04:25:56 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Mike, a neater way to select the file reference - I like it.

The fancy screen captures are easy. Heres how:
On your keyboard you will have a "PrtScr" or "Print Screen" button. When you have the screen image you want to capture, press the "PrtScr" button. This puts a copy of the screen image into the memory.
Then open your favorite paint program (either 'Paint' which comes with windows or whatever, I use Paint Shop Pro) and click <Ctrl-V> or 'Edit - Paste' and bingo, there is the picture. Crop, colour, or edit as required and save in whichever format you wish.

I used to write user manuals for programs I designed and I used this all the time. Its really easy.

Will S

Dreamweaver
Crew Chief

Posted - 11/10/2006 :  7:57:04 PM  Show Profile  Send Dreamweaver a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
OK Will I try it now.

Cool look at that--
Thanks Will

Mike j

LVRALPH
Fireman

Posted - 11/11/2006 :  06:23:31 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Man is that neat!

Peterpools
Engineer

Posted - 11/11/2006 :  11:42:34 AM  Show Profile  Visit Peterpools's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Will
Thanks for the alternate method of uploading and posting photos. I seem to be a creature of habit and once I learn how to do something one way, I just always seem to keep doing it that way.
Peter

Edited by - Peterpools on 11/11/2006 11:43:22 AM

Eddie Landreth
Fireman

Posted - 11/11/2006 :  1:32:14 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by wbbho

The fancy screen captures are easy. Heres how:
On your keyboard you will have a "PrtScr" or "Print Screen" button. When you have the screen image you want to capture, press the "PrtScr" button. This puts a copy of the screen image into the memory.
Then open your favorite paint program (either 'Paint' which comes with windows or whatever, I use Paint Shop Pro) and click <Ctrl-V> or 'Edit - Paste' and bingo, there is the picture. Crop, colour, or edit as required and save in whichever format you wish.

Wow, Will, thanks! That IS easy! Best new trick I've learned in a long time.

Page: of 2 Previous Topic: Annoying Computer Ads Topic Next Topic: Topic Subscription?  
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Next Page
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-19 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 0.31 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000