Railroad Line Forums - The Peanut Butter Lid Challenge
Railroad Line Forums
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Sponsors   Support the RRLine   Guestbook   FAQ     Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Live Chat | Avatar Legend | Search | Statistics
Photo Album | File Lister | File Library
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 96 ]  [ Total: 96 ]  [ Newest Member: dtrocket ]
 All Forums
 Model Railroad Forums
 Mike Chambers' Craftsman's Corner
 The Peanut Butter Lid Challenge
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Previous Topic: Gallery Glass-new technique learned by accident Topic Next Topic: 1:1 scale
Page: of 34

nalmeida
Fireman

Posted - 12/14/2006 :  05:13:21 AM  Show Profile  Visit nalmeida's Homepage  Reply with Quote
It's a wonderful and realistic scene Marc, I love it. If possible could you post them in the PBL "final pictures" thread? Also, I would like to ask for a picture with the centerpiece in place as soon as you are allowed to do so without infringing contest rules.

n/a
deleted

Posted - 12/14/2006 :  05:49:43 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks Nelson...it's been fun and an interesting learning experience.

Sent you an E-mail with some more info.

Marc

Rick
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 12/14/2006 :  06:33:35 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Marc, that's some incredibly realistic looking modeling. Very well done!

Can't wait to see what the centerpiece is and looks like.

TrainClown
Fireman

Posted - 12/14/2006 :  2:18:36 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well done, Marc. Very realistic. Terrific weathering. I too, am looking forward to the centerpiece.

Christopher

Clowning around with trains.

nalmeida
Fireman

Posted - 12/15/2006 :  09:37:33 AM  Show Profile  Visit nalmeida's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi there guys, once again I would like to congratulate everyone that has already entered this challenge, and, at the same time I would like to encourage everyone that is still thinking about submitting their work, there's still plenty of time to do so.

I would also like to ask to the members that have already finished their PBL to submit their final pictures into this thread:

http://www.railroad-line.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=14991

Also, I would like to ask members to make their comments about the PBL's entries in this thread so that the Final Pictures thread might be easier to read.

P.S. Thanks for the heads up Pat!

Bbags
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 12/15/2006 :  10:16:01 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
At Nelson's request I have moved these comments to this thread from the Final pictures thread.
See Nelson's post above this one.

essodee
Crew Chief

Posted - 12/14/2006 : 9:25:31 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wow!! Great stuff guys.

Dave (in the hat): That's a nice funky little still ya got goin' out there in the boonies.

The clubhouse is over the top....simply outstanding modeling on the highest level.

John: Ya did a grand grand job on that crane. Love the boom with its ungainly load, but the cab roof is absolutely spot on (to use a British-ism). Looks good down to earth too, on your Alaska Pike.

Ken: Real imaginetive use of the vertical, to tell a disappointing, but humorous, short story.

Nelson: It's great to see the finished works published on a separate thread from the builds, like seeing the finals of a beauty contest without the backstage prep. I enjoyed the build thread too. Such good modelers here on the forum.

Stevie O'

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

trussman
Engineer

Posted - 12/14/2006 : 9:35:29 PM

Stevie said it so well.

I am simply amazed at how you fella's built such wonderful scenes in a PBL. The creativity really shines through as well as superb craftsmanship. Outstanding work guys.

I am sitting here grinning at the stories being told through your work.

Tim

George D
Engineer

Posted - 12/14/2006 : 10:03:56 PM

Wow, some excellent model building from some very creative guys. I'm anxious to see the rest.

George

nalmeida
Fireman

Posted - 12/15/2006 : 09:48:38 AM

Hi there guys, I asked Jonh to move the comments in this thread to the main PBL challenge thread, this way we can dedicate this thread to the pictures only. Thanks.

Nelson Almeida
My Modelling Table

John Bagley
Modeling the Alaska Railroad in HO in Wildwood Georgia.

MikeC
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 12/15/2006 :  10:34:36 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I just finished looking at the final photos which have been posted so far. All I can say is "Wow!" There's some really creative modeling in those photos! Very nicely done, everyone.

Don Brimmer
Fireman

Posted - 12/20/2006 :  10:32:32 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I think I will have to give it a try, looks like fun. The entries so far are fabulous.

Tim Kerkhoff
Fireman

Posted - 12/20/2006 :  10:51:22 PM  Show Profile  Send Tim Kerkhoff a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Marc,

Outstanding, and very realistic.

paulbrockatsf
Fireman

Posted - 12/21/2006 :  04:22:14 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

Guys,
The PBL dioramas look great!!

Marc,
Yours looks so real that it seems like you took a giant cookie cutter & cut out a piece from a real street.

Amazing Work!

Paul

2slim
New Hire

Posted - 12/22/2006 :  09:52:03 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
To all:
Merry Christmas from a lurker who has, (and still is) enjoying all the great modeling on this site. You are all madmen!! I say that with the utmost respect and admiration! Happy holidays!!

2slim

Hume Lumber Co
Engine Wiper

Posted - 01/28/2007 :  11:58:37 PM  Show Profile  Visit Hume Lumber Co's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Okay time to post some progress photos…

I decided to build the logging cabin prototype. At this stage there are already a over 150 boards. I plan to finish the bunks. Each cabin had twelve beds. I was wondering if anyone has ideas for how to make “nice” logging beds. Also, I need to put a wood stove any ideas/photos.

Thanks,

Matthew

Edited by - Hume Lumber Co on 01/29/2007 12:24:48 AM

RodH
Engine Wiper

Posted - 01/29/2007 :  12:10:06 AM  Show Profile  Visit RodH's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by marc_reusser

Thanks Nelson...it's been fun and an interesting learning experience.Sent you an E-mail with some more info.Marc

Marc,

Your canal wall tutorial was so good I have turned into a PDF so I can read it on the train.
BTW did you receive some emails I sent you in regard to finishing off the crew car? tool car? 2-man bunk car? project?
http://www.railroad-line.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=7845&whichpage=19

Rod Hutchinson
Growing Old Disgracefully
Australia

Edited by - RodH on 01/29/2007 12:10:56 AM

Tyson Rayles

Premium Member

Posted - 01/29/2007 :  09:29:13 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
No idea on the bed Matthew but your cabin looks great!

Edited by - Tyson Rayles on 01/29/2007 09:32:21 AM

TrainClown
Fireman

Posted - 01/29/2007 :  9:21:00 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I like your cabin, Matthew. I think the beds would be a rustic affair. simple wooden frames with a mattress. A ladder would be built up the wall studs on one end. Make some squished pillows from some Sculpey or other modeling clay and make the blankets similar to how they make tarps, with tissue paper glued in place with paint. while the paint is being applied you could muss up the covers and make the beds look slept in. Each logger should have a trunk or a locker box for his things. I made a trunk out of 20 lb. paper. I just drafted it out on the computer and printed it out, cut it out and assembled it with white glue. Added straps and locks and handles made from scraps of paper.
Here is a pic of the trunk.

I made a potbelly stove too.

I made it out of wood. I turned it in my drill like a lathe.

Some ideas for you.

Christopher

Clowning around with trains.

Edited by - TrainClown on 01/29/2007 10:34:49 PM

Page: of 34 Previous Topic: Gallery Glass-new technique learned by accident Topic Next Topic: 1:1 scale  
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-19 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 0.5 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000