Railroad Line Forums - The New DL&W Trainsheds in Hoboken 1911
Railroad Line Forums
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Sponsors   Support the RRLine   Guestbook   FAQ     Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Live Chat | Avatar Legend | Search | Statistics
Photo Album | File Lister | File Library
[ Active Members: 1 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 120 ]  [ Total: 121 ]  [ Newest Member: neiler ]
 All Forums
 Fallen Flag Railroad Forums
 Erie / Lackawanna Railroad Forum
 The New DL&W Trainsheds in Hoboken 1911
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Topic Next Topic: The Next Stop Will Be...  

slimrails

Premium Member

Posted - 04/12/2006 :  8:48:43 PM  Show Profile  Visit slimrails's Homepage  Reply with Quote
This is a postcard postmarked 1911 and mailed from East Orange, NJ to Providence, RI. The card shows the platforms and trainsheds of the new DL&W terminal in Hoboken, NJ. New to my collection. Be sure to look at the next photo down for a close-up view of the passenger cars!

Rick
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 09/26/2013 :  11:46:16 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Other than the platforms being cracked in places and the awning needs a paint job, Hoboken still looks pretty much the same.
I love the wrought iron gates that the platform attendants roll closed before trains depart.
Gives the place a European touch.

As you think, so will you be.

otiscnj
Section Hand

Posted - 09/27/2013 :  3:20:14 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The CNJ shed in Jersey City is very similar although I understand it lacks expansion joints in the roof structure.

Rick
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 10/02/2013 :  3:38:44 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I was searching the web for old pictures of the Hoboken Terminal and ran across this recent photo.
This picture caught my eye for two reasons.
First, it shows track 6 and that is where my first train of the day on week days departs from.
Secondly, the fellow second from the right with the backpack is my engineer Pete.

As you think, so will you be.

Topic Next Topic: The Next Stop Will Be...  
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic | 
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-17 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 0.22 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000