Railroad Line Forums - Sheepscott Barge photos
Railroad Line Forums
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Sponsors   Support the RRLine   Guestbook   FAQ     Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Live Chat | Avatar Legend | Search | Statistics
Photo Album | File Lister | File Library
[ Active Members: 5 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 180 ]  [ Total: 185 ]  [ Newest Member: jfields ]
 All Forums
 Model Railroad Forums
 Railroad Photography Forum
 Sheepscott Barge photos
Next Page
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Previous Topic: Show us your Christmas villages Topic Next Topic: THE GALLERY: Dec. 05, Model Railroading isFun
Page: of 3

Cigarguy
Fireman

Posted - 12/02/2005 :  3:12:21 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Here are a couple of photos of my Sheepscott Work Barge that I promised someone here I would post.

Hope this helps whoever it was that was looking - sorry it took so long to post these.
Mike
D&B Lumber Co.
"The Best Wood You Ever Saw!"

MikeC
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 12/02/2005 :  3:40:13 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Nicely done, Mike! I've often wondered if I made a mistake in not buying a Sheepscot kit a few years ago. They build up into good looking models.

Bosco5
Crew Chief

Posted - 12/02/2005 :  3:57:43 PM  Show Profile  Visit Bosco5's Homepage  Reply with Quote
That's a great looking model - I especially like the job you did on the rigging. Well Done!

Rick
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 12/02/2005 :  4:13:51 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Mike, very nice work.

I've never bought a Sheepscot kit but once at a Timonium show someone was selling a coaling tower kit for $40 at the white elephant table. I picked it and looked through the box and everything seemed to be there. For some unexplainable reason I put the box back down and walked away. I thought about it a little more and decided to go back and buy it but by then it was already gone.

teejay
Fireman

Posted - 12/02/2005 :  4:25:12 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
That's the one I saw when you were at the Gratiot Valley Show . It is a beauty .

Terry

Dutchman
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 12/02/2005 :  4:35:20 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Rick

Mike, very nice work.

I've never bought a Sheepscot kit but once at a Timonium show someone was selling a coaling tower kit for $40 at the white elephant table. I picked it and looked through the box and everything seemed to be there. For some unexplainable reason I put the box back down and walked away. I thought about it a little more and decided to go back and buy it but by then it was already gone.

Rick,
Let me do this for you:

Mike C.,
I know that MRPO, and the Big Little Railroad Shop still have a few of the older Sheepscott kits on the shelf. If anyone wants to know which ones, let me know and I will check the next time that I am in those establishments.

Mike, you have done a great job on the barge. It makes me want to model a waterfront scene on the layout.

Edited by - Dutchman on 12/02/2005 4:37:08 PM

George D

Premium Member

Posted - 12/02/2005 :  6:38:43 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Mike,

Nicely done model. Do you have a place to put it, or is it going to be a shelf orphan?

George

Bbags
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 12/02/2005 :  7:35:52 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Mike,
It was me who asked for additional pictures.
I have completed the hull but still have the rest to complete and these pictures will be a big help.
I only hope I will be able to half as good a job as you have done on the kit.
Did you solder the brass parts together?
I also have the 45 Ton Truck Crane which I also hope to put together.

Speaking of Sheepscot, George Barrett no longer makes structure kits but he does make vehicles and he has just redone his web site.
If you are into older trucks etc. have a look.

http://www.sheepscotscale.com/portal/index.php

Again thanks for the pictures as they will definitely help with my construction.

John Bagley
Modeling the Alaska Railroad in HO in Wildwood Georgia.

Tyson Rayles

Premium Member

Posted - 12/02/2005 :  9:02:19 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Excellent!

Peterpools
Engineer

Posted - 12/02/2005 :  10:35:08 PM  Show Profile  Visit Peterpools's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Mike
Some very nice modeling. The barge sure looks like quite a project. My Harbor Terminal Railway now has a harbor area and a barge sure would fit nice. I have a unbuilt FSM Pile Driver that might fill the bill. This would be the second one am going to build. The first one is on George Sellios layout in the Manchester Harbor. Frank B and I built a pair of the Pile Drivers for George, way back when. I forgot all about it, until your barge jogged the old memory.
Peter

Cigarguy
Fireman

Posted - 12/02/2005 :  11:30:28 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks for the kudos guys.

George: No, this isn't a shelf model. This sits on the waterfront on my portable layout.

John: No, I did not solder anything on this kit. Everything is just CA'd together.

Mike
D&B Lumber Co.

SteveW
Engine Wiper

Posted - 12/04/2005 :  7:32:25 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Mike,

Nice job on the C&L Barge. Your photos caused me to dig out my kit for a "look see". I can't tell from your photos if you gave your barge the list that the instructions suggest. At any rate I filed away your photos for when I break into this one. Again nice looking model.

NickO
Fireman

Posted - 12/06/2005 :  7:18:53 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi All ,

Just to keep this thread going a bit longer I thought I would post a few photos of my version of the barge . I have posted shots of it before , but not these ones , which I hope are better than the last lot .

NickO

Chuck Doan
Fireman

Posted - 12/06/2005 :  7:28:39 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Mike and Nick,
Beautiful work! That is a great looking model design!

CD

NickO
Fireman

Posted - 12/06/2005 :  7:33:58 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

Thanks , Chuck . George Barratt at Sheepscot used to do some interesting kits, it is a shame he no longer produces them . I find that what he sells now does not appeal to me nearly as much ,

NickO

Cigarguy
Fireman

Posted - 12/06/2005 :  7:40:43 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Love the weathering job NickO, great job!

Mike
D&B Lumber Co.

Page: of 3 Previous Topic: Show us your Christmas villages Topic Next Topic: THE GALLERY: Dec. 05, Model Railroading isFun  
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic | 
Next Page
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-19 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 0.39 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000