Railroad Line Forums - THE GALLERY: Dec. '05, "Model Railroading isFun"
Railroad Line Forums
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Sponsors   Support the RRLine   Guestbook   FAQ     Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Live Chat | Avatar Legend | Search | Statistics
Photo Album | File Lister | File Library
[ Active Members: 5 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 166 ]  [ Total: 171 ]  [ Newest Member: jfields ]
 All Forums
 Model Railroad Forums
 Railroad Photography Forum
 THE GALLERY: Dec. '05, "Model Railroading isFun"
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic |   Topic Locked | 
Author Previous Topic: Sheepscott Barge photos Topic Next Topic: Picture of the day
Page: of 4

George D

Premium Member

Posted - 12/05/2005 :  11:18:47 AM  Show Profile
Bruce - we had a Thomas train running off and on this past weekend and the kids loved to follow it around the layout - lap after lap.

Rick, even though the kids weren't smiling when you took the picture it sure looks like they were fascinated with the trains.

Bob

Here's a module a couple of guys put together for the show this past weekend. It was a crowd pleaser.

George

Gerry
Engine Wiper

Posted - 12/05/2005 :  8:44:57 PM  Show Profile  Visit Gerry's Homepage
Ok, I couldn't resist creating this and putting it on my layout, out in front of the lumberyard.

Suffice it to say, the picture is called simply, "woob woob woob woob... nyuk nyuk nyuk"

Gerry (MMR #346)

Dutchman
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 12/05/2005 :  8:51:17 PM  Show Profile
Rick, Bob & George,

Being involved in open houses and shows must be a fun part of club membership.

Gerry,
Now you are showing your age--although with re-runs, they are ageless.

Cigarguy
Fireman

Posted - 12/05/2005 :  9:00:41 PM  Show Profile
Gerry - Gotta love it. Paging Dr. Howard, Dr. Fine, Dr. Howard.....

Mike
D&B Lumber Co.
"The Best Wood You Ever Saw!"

leeflan
Fireman

Posted - 12/07/2005 :  11:50:47 AM  Show Profile
Ah, yes, model railroading is fun! Here are a few pics from the dim dark recesses of the past.

Here is your intrepid colleague in 1976, hard at work building a kitbashed La Belle kit into a center door combine. Notice the intensity, the total focus on the project.

And then there's benchwork in the good ol' days before blue foam. Do we look like we're having fun?

And after a long day of model railroading is fun . . .

OK, model railroading must be fun. After 30 years and several layouts later, I'm still at it.

George D

Premium Member

Posted - 12/07/2005 :  12:46:13 PM  Show Profile
Gerry, How many people get the joke when they see the scene? (I guessed it before I read your description.)

Steve, maybe that's why RTR is gaining in popularity these days.

George

leeflan
Fireman

Posted - 12/07/2005 :  1:17:57 PM  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by George D

Gerry, How many people get the joke when they see the scene? (I guessed it before I read your description.)

Steve, maybe that's why RTR is gaining in popularity these days.

George

George, I agree about the RTR, but there's some things just ain't available in RTR, so I got's ta kitbash 'em still. And 30 years later, I got benchwork down to a fine science, so I can spend more time doing the real fun stuff.

Gerry, was the inspiration for your wonderful scene Laurel & Hardy, Keystone Cops, Buster Keaton, Harold Lloyd or ???

Gerry
Engine Wiper

Posted - 12/07/2005 :  1:57:25 PM  Show Profile  Visit Gerry's Homepage
quote:
Gerry, was the inspiration for your wonderful scene Laurel & Hardy, Keystone Cops, Buster Keaton, Harold Lloyd or ???

OH! A WISE guy!!

Why I oughta....

Gerry (MMR #346)

leeflan
Fireman

Posted - 12/07/2005 :  2:11:39 PM  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by Gerry

quote:

OH! A WISE guy!!

Why I oughta....

Nyuk! Nyuk! Nyuk! Sorry, I left the boys out, totally inadvertently.

Rick
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 12/08/2005 :  08:21:47 AM  Show Profile
Here are a couple of big kids having fun running trains at the clubs open house last night. That's Irv in the foreground and Rich in the back.

Never noticed the handprint cloud before. I'll have to ask about it at the next meeting.

MikeC
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 12/08/2005 :  11:16:32 AM  Show Profile
Just looking at all the photos in this thread has been fun in itself.

Gerry, that's a great mini-scene! You must have had a good time setting it up.

MikeC
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 12/08/2005 :  11:25:30 AM  Show Profile
I don't have small children (or even large ones, for that matter) living at home, and my only grandchild is just 6 months old. So I have to make my own model railroading fun. And nothing says "fun" more than sitting hunched over my "portable work bench" (a TV tray with an old desk pad and piece of glass) in the evenings and getting it cluttered up with small tools, paints, and general modeling debris.

This is just the start of the evening. It gets much worse as the evening rolls on.

Thorn Creek and Western
Fireman

Posted - 12/15/2005 :  9:30:15 PM  Show Profile  Visit Thorn Creek and Western's Homepage
For all you "Spot Counters" out there--

-Dave

-Dave

Dutchman
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 12/23/2005 :  5:38:00 PM  Show Profile
Steve, Mike, Rick & Dave, thanks for those posts.

Yesterday we visited my father's train room with two of our sons and two of our grandchildren.

From left to right there is me, grandson Tyler, son Craig, granddaughter Devon, my father John(now 85), and my son Gary (the father of Tyler & Devon). My father has built a "project layout" each for the past five years. You can see parts of all of them in this picture. When I get a chance, I will post a few closeups of the layouts.

MikeC
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 12/23/2005 :  5:59:49 PM  Show Profile
Bruce, what a great looking family! Thanks for the photo.

Your father is a very prolific builder! I'm doing good to get a few feet of layout built every 5 years, much less an entire layout every year! I'm looking forward to seeing photos of your dad's layouts.

Page: of 4 Previous Topic: Sheepscott Barge photos Topic Next Topic: Picture of the day  
 New Topic |   Topic Locked | 
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-19 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 0.45 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000