Railroad Line Forums - Braking cars...
Railroad Line Forums
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Sponsors   Support the RRLine   Guestbook   FAQ     Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Live Chat | Avatar Legend | Search | Statistics
Photo Album | File Lister | File Library
[ Active Members: 3 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 228 ]  [ Total: 231 ]  [ Newest Member: HolmesELP ]
 All Forums
 Model Railroad Forums
 Layout Design / Operation Sig Forum
 Braking cars...
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Topic Locked | 
Author Previous Topic: Satellite images; related track planning questions Topic Next Topic: Getting started on layout design  

Cletus
Engine Wiper

Posted - 08/28/2005 :  9:57:38 PM  Show Profile  Visit Cletus's Homepage
What creative ways have you figured out for braking cars at industries?

For the most part, I do not have problems, however what few sidings are not quite level are amplified since changing to metal wheels. Need some ideas that are quick to use after uncoupling.

mhdishere
Crew Chief

Posted - 08/29/2005 :  09:22:45 AM  Show Profile
I've heard of people cutting bristles from an old hair brush and "planting" them between the ties, high enough to catch the axle. The loco can pull them over OK but the car won't roll past it.

Others use a wire in a tube that they push to stick up between the ties, spot the car, set the "brake" and the car won't roll past. I've heard of using a camera cable release the same way.

mhdishere
Crew Chief

Posted - 08/29/2005 :  09:22:45 AM  Show Profile
I've heard of people cutting bristles from an old hair brush and "planting" them between the ties, high enough to catch the axle. The loco can pull them over OK but the car won't roll past it.

Others use a wire in a tube that they push to stick up between the ties, spot the car, set the "brake" and the car won't roll past. I've heard of using a camera cable release the same way.

Previous Topic: Satellite images; related track planning questions Topic Next Topic: Getting started on layout design  
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Topic Locked | 
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-2020 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 0.23 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000