Railroad Line Forums - Derailing G-Scale Gondola
Railroad Line Forums
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Sponsors   Support the RRLine   Guestbook   FAQ     Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Live Chat | Avatar Legend | Search | Statistics
Photo Album | File Lister | File Library
[ Active Members: 1 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 95 ]  [ Total: 96 ]  [ Newest Member: Dakkon ]
 All Forums
 Model Railroad Forums
 Large Scale Model Railroad Forum
 Derailing G-Scale Gondola
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Topic Locked | 
Author Previous Topic: Bob Brown O scale Layout Topic Next Topic: What Scale?  

TomPM
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 08/23/2005 :  1:48:28 PM  Show Profile  Visit TomPM's Homepage  Send TomPM a Yahoo! Message
The track is down in the garden and the trains have begun to run. There have been some problems but nothing I havenít dealt with in HO before.

One problem we have is with a gondola that keeps derailing. Upon inspection I can find nothing obvious wrong with the car. However, I was carrying it along with a reefer I noticed how light weight the gondola was. I checked with the NMRA recommended practices regarding car weights but I did not find any for G-Scale cars.

From past experience with gondolas and flat cars in HO I know a car that is too light tends to derail on curves. Since this gondola is behaving the same I am thinking that this might be the problem.

Does anyone have any recommendations?
Tom
Jack of All Trades Master of None
Ridley Keystone & Mountain Railroad
My Rail Images Gallery
NARA Member #100

Edited by - TomPM on 08/23/2005 1:50:00 PM

Tyson Rayles

Premium Member

Posted - 08/23/2005 :  2:24:25 PM  Show Profile
Throw some 1:1 rocks in it and if that solves the problem you know to add some permanent weight.

Tyson Rayles

Premium Member

Posted - 08/23/2005 :  2:24:25 PM  Show Profile
Throw some 1:1 rocks in it and if that solves the problem you know to add some permanent weight.

Previous Topic: Bob Brown O scale Layout Topic Next Topic: What Scale?  
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Topic Locked | 
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-19 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 0.2 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000