Railroad Line Forums - new forum suggestion
Railroad Line Forums
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Sponsors   Support the RRLine   Guestbook   FAQ     Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Live Chat | Avatar Legend | Search | Statistics
Photo Album | File Lister | File Library
[ Active Members: 1 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 90 ]  [ Total: 91 ]  [ Newest Member: jfields ]
 All Forums
 Railroad Line Administrative Forums
 Administrative Posts
 new forum suggestion
Previous Page
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Topic Locked | 
Author Previous Topic: Server Problem Topic Next Topic: Upload Pics to Photo Album
Page: of 2

MP Rich
Fireman

Posted - 07/31/2005 :  11:42:56 AM  Show Profile
It would not be a big issue for me but of some interest. But then again it might come up at any time if one buys older or used engines. A change might be better but is it worth it? Lots more involved than just a simple name change I'm sure. I have found it best to leave suggestions of this sort, once made should be decided by those who have to do the dirty work. Either way, I feel you guys all do a good job behind the scenes and are to be congratulated for all the effort. Thanks
Richard

MP Rich
Fireman

It would not be a big issue for me but of some interest. But then again it might come up at any time if one buys older or used engines. A change might be better but is it worth it? Lots more involved than just a simple name change I'm sure. I have found it best to leave suggestions of this sort, once made should be decided by those who have to do the dirty work. Either way, I feel you guys all do a good job behind the scenes and are to be congratulated for all the effort. Thanks
Richard

MP Rich
Fireman

Richard

MikeC
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 07/31/2005 :  11:48:12 AM  Show Profile
Okay, guys, I changed the name of the forum category from "Motive Power Forum" to "Loco Talk." I also changed "Steamin' on the line" (which I never liked anyway!) to "The Roundhouse," and "Growling' Diesels" was changed to "The Diesel Shop." I also added the following forum description to each, with steam-era or Diesel-era under the appropriate heading:

Talk about your favorite model or prototype (steam-era) (Diesel-era) locos here. Discuss the newest model releases and upgrades as well as painting and detailing, or maintenance questions.

I looked for some easy way to combine the two areas (with all of the old topics and info) into one. Short of moving each topic individually, which could take hours to move hundreds of old topics, there isn't a way. So hopefully, the name changes and added descriptions will make the two areas more inviting for posting.

MikeC
Administrator

Premium Member

Okay, guys, I changed the name of the forum category from "Motive Power Forum" to "Loco Talk." I also changed "Steamin' on the line" (which I never liked anyway!) to "The Roundhouse," and "Growling' Diesels" was changed to "The Diesel Shop." I also added the following forum description to each, with steam-era or Diesel-era under the appropriate heading:

Talk about your favorite model or prototype (steam-era) (Diesel-era) locos here. Discuss the newest model releases and upgrades as well as painting and detailing, or maintenance questions.

I looked for some easy way to combine the two areas (with all of the old topics and info) into one. Short of moving each topic individually, which could take hours to move hundreds of old topics, there isn't a way. So hopefully, the name changes and added descriptions will make the two areas more inviting for posting.

MikeC
Administrator

Premium Member

Page: of 2 Previous Topic: Server Problem Topic Next Topic: Upload Pics to Photo Album  
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Topic Locked | 
Previous Page
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-19 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 0.28 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000