Railroad Line Forums - Hon3 - Free to a good home !
Railroad Line Forums
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Sponsors   Support the RRLine   Guestbook   FAQ     Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Live Chat | Avatar Legend | Search | Statistics
Photo Album | File Lister | File Library
[ Active Members: 3 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 90 ]  [ Total: 93 ]  [ Newest Member: jfields ]
 All Forums
 Model Railroad Forums
 Logging, Mining, & Narrow minded
 Hon3 - Free to a good home !
Next Page
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Topic Locked | 
Author Previous Topic: On30 Shay and Climax on sale at Micromark Topic Next Topic: Constuction on the Splinter Creek Lumber Company.
Page: of 2

PaulD
Crew Chief

Posted - 07/08/2005 :  02:46:31 AM  Show Profile
Hi gang,
I am re-designing my Hon3 layout for light weight materials and new techniques. So...oo my old monolithic Hon3 layout has to go. Before I drag it out into the yard and torch it, I thought I may ask if anyone wants it Free to take away. Now if you want to come and get it for land fill don't bother, I could do that myself. I really hoped it may be of interest to someone. I don't want any money, the track's thats down stays but I'll remove the BIS Couer De Alene mine unless you want to nominally buy the structure. (I saw one of these babies go for $200 US on Ebay, Not that I want that sort of maoney for it, it was my first Board on Board and is looking real sad.)
Following are some rough photo's to give you an idea. Also note there is about 5 years of dust covering the layout.

Note: The benchwork is L girder construction and the thing is 1m wide by 3m long and weighs in at over 150kg.
Oh and Rich the wire brush in shot 3 has been used to join some facia panels together!!
(just joking)
PaulD
p.s. Constructive criticism only! Send your other comments to MikeC's bit bucket on his web site...

MikeC
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 07/08/2005 :  09:21:23 AM  Show Profile
That's a neat looking little layout, Paul, but.... well, the travel time to pick it up might be a bit much. As for the bit bucket, it's a large one and will hold a lot of "other" comments. I installed the largest one I could find on purpose.

MikeC
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 07/08/2005 :  09:21:23 AM  Show Profile
That's a neat looking little layout, Paul, but.... well, the travel time to pick it up might be a bit much. As for the bit bucket, it's a large one and will hold a lot of "other" comments. I installed the largest one I could find on purpose.

bpate
Fireman

Posted - 07/08/2005 :  4:38:22 PM  Show Profile
Bring it along on Sunday week and we will hold an auction.

bpate
Fireman

Posted - 07/08/2005 :  4:38:22 PM  Show Profile
Bring it along on Sunday week and we will hold an auction.

PaulD
Crew Chief

Posted - 07/08/2005 :  7:14:12 PM  Show Profile
Hey Mike,
I could always get an Old Chevy and put a propeller on the driveshaft, some floatation tanks, load on the layout, could you meet me somewhere on the Californian coast? You'll need a long U-Haul
PaulD

Thanks for the layout comments, It's sort of sad it's come to this, thats why I'd like a good home.

PaulD
Crew Chief

Posted - 07/08/2005 :  7:14:12 PM  Show Profile
Hey Mike,
I could always get an Old Chevy and put a propeller on the driveshaft, some floatation tanks, load on the layout, could you meet me somewhere on the Californian coast? You'll need a long U-Haul
PaulD

Thanks for the layout comments, It's sort of sad it's come to this, thats why I'd like a good home.

PaulD
Crew Chief

Posted - 07/08/2005 :  7:31:33 PM  Show Profile
Barry,
Great idea but I'm afraid my laser station wagon would be swayback by the time I got home.

I will bring along some prints of the shots... I knew only local Melbourners would be interested in this one. Really not many Hon3ers left. They've all gone to that Bastard narrow 0 gauge
PaulD

PaulD
Crew Chief

Posted - 07/08/2005 :  7:31:33 PM  Show Profile
Barry,
Great idea but I'm afraid my laser station wagon would be swayback by the time I got home.

I will bring along some prints of the shots... I knew only local Melbourners would be interested in this one. Really not many Hon3ers left. They've all gone to that Bastard narrow 0 gauge
PaulD

bpate
Fireman

Posted - 07/08/2005 :  8:14:10 PM  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by PaulD

... Really not many Hon3ers left. They've all gone to that Bastard narrow 0 gauge
PaulD

Ya don't say... must have been the smart ones I guess

bpate
Fireman

Posted - 07/08/2005 :  8:14:10 PM  Show Profile
quote:

... Really not many Hon3ers left. They've all gone to that Bastard narrow 0 gauge
PaulD

Ya don't say... must have been the smart ones I guess

danpickard
Fireman

Posted - 07/09/2005 :  08:46:51 AM  Show Profile  Visit danpickard's Homepage
Paul,
Glad you only model HOn30, otherwise you'd have to re-enforce the floor in your house for a 300kg monster layout!!! Good luck off-loading it..I quite like the extended mountain edge...look forward to seeing a few more pics at Barry's. Barry, you can take that as an RSVP for the NMRA BBQ...see you next week mate.

Dan Pickard

http://www.austnarrowgaugeconvention.com/

danpickard
Fireman

Posted - 07/09/2005 :  08:46:51 AM  Show Profile  Visit danpickard's Homepage
Paul,
Glad you only model HOn30, otherwise you'd have to re-enforce the floor in your house for a 300kg monster layout!!! Good luck off-loading it..I quite like the extended mountain edge...look forward to seeing a few more pics at Barry's. Barry, you can take that as an RSVP for the NMRA BBQ...see you next week mate.

Dan Pickard

http://www.austnarrowgaugeconvention.com/

bpate
Fireman

Posted - 07/09/2005 :  09:18:40 AM  Show Profile
Will do. See you then Dan.

bpate
Fireman

Posted - 07/09/2005 :  09:18:40 AM  Show Profile
Will do. See you then Dan.

RodH
Engine Wiper

Posted - 07/10/2005 :  04:52:14 AM  Show Profile  Visit RodH's Homepage
quote:

Really not many Hon3ers left. They've all gone to that Bastard narrow 0 gauge
PaulD

Not me; I stickin' with HOn30 even if it kills me.

Rod Hutchinson
Growing Old Disgracefully
Australia

Page: of 2 Previous Topic: On30 Shay and Climax on sale at Micromark Topic Next Topic: Constuction on the Splinter Creek Lumber Company.  
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Topic Locked | 
Next Page
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-19 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 0.56 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000