Railroad Line Forums - Packing it up!
Railroad Line Forums
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Sponsors   Support the RRLine   Guestbook   FAQ     Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Live Chat | Avatar Legend | Search | Statistics
Photo Album | File Lister | File Library
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 125 ]  [ Total: 125 ]  [ Newest Member: rkovvur ]
 All Forums
 Model Railroad Forums
 Micro & Mini Layouts
 Packing it up!
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Topic Locked | 
Author Previous Topic: New to the forum Topic Next Topic: From Intrigue to Action  

Tyson Rayles

Premium Member

Posted - 06/29/2005 :  6:22:18 PM  Show Profile
I'm calling it quits for now anyway on my 0n15 micro. I am saving everything and may go back to it at a later time. In the meantime I've asked MikeC to move my n-scale micro thread to this forum as I will be going back to work on it. Why????????????????????????? Well I had promised myself I wouldn't start a new project (the On15) till I finished the n-scale then went and did it anyway. Also to be honest about it while I like the O scale stuff after being around it a little bit I like the N stuff alot better. Also the sticker shock is rather extreme in O scale. Just in buying the DPM wall sections to go along with a kit I had aquired somewhere I have more $$$$$ invested then I have in the entire N-scale micro! . Guess that's why I've always heard O scale was a scratchbuilders scale! Right now I don't have much time to model but as soon as I can get something done I will be getting back to work on the Nantahala Mining and Transportation Co. !

Marken
Fireman

Posted - 06/29/2005 :  6:59:27 PM  Show Profile
quote:
Guess that's why I've always heard O scale was a scratchbuilders scale!

I hear ya Tyson. I'm dabbling in 1/2" scale for one project and the scratchbuilding supplies are rather expensive when you can find what you want.

I'll be going back to HO very quickly but this is something I wanted to do for quite some time.

Good luck with your N-scale micro. Keep us posted.

In memory of Mike Chambers

Marken
Fireman

Posted - 06/29/2005 :  6:59:27 PM  Show Profile
quote:
Guess that's why I've always heard O scale was a scratchbuilders scale!

I hear ya Tyson. I'm dabbling in 1/2" scale for one project and the scratchbuilding supplies are rather expensive when you can find what you want.

I'll be going back to HO very quickly but this is something I wanted to do for quite some time.

Good luck with your N-scale micro. Keep us posted.

In memory of Mike Chambers

leeflan
Fireman

Posted - 06/29/2005 :  7:49:54 PM  Show Profile
Oh, Tyson, can I ever empathise with you on this one! I've really enjoyed working on my On30 Challenge project. But, big BUT, not only have I experienced the same sticker shock $$$$ for O scale products, but have been somewhat taken aback by the lack of same (at least for what I'm doing). I've scratchbuilt more in the last three months than I have in the last thirty years.

I'll be glad when I wind this up so's I can get back to my HO L&WS. I've got more than enough stuff in the closet to finish it, then spend several more years painting pitifully petit parts to make it look good.

Of course, that having been said, I've also been thinking of ideas and track plans for an On30 layout in our next home.

leeflan
Fireman

Posted - 06/29/2005 :  7:49:54 PM  Show Profile
Oh, Tyson, can I ever empathise with you on this one! I've really enjoyed working on my On30 Challenge project. But, big BUT, not only have I experienced the same sticker shock $$$$ for O scale products, but have been somewhat taken aback by the lack of same (at least for what I'm doing). I've scratchbuilt more in the last three months than I have in the last thirty years.

I'll be glad when I wind this up so's I can get back to my HO L&WS. I've got more than enough stuff in the closet to finish it, then spend several more years painting pitifully petit parts to make it look good.

Of course, that having been said, I've also been thinking of ideas and track plans for an On30 layout in our next home.

Tyson Rayles

Premium Member

Posted - 06/29/2005 :  8:42:41 PM  Show Profile
Ken I would guess 1/2" scale is even more expensive! Steve like you I won't rule the O scale out but it's not on my radar screen right now.

Tyson Rayles

Premium Member

Posted - 06/29/2005 :  8:42:41 PM  Show Profile
Ken I would guess 1/2" scale is even more expensive! Steve like you I won't rule the O scale out but it's not on my radar screen right now.

jatravia
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 06/29/2005 :  11:31:03 PM  Show Profile
Tyson,

after spending a good deal of time with this forum I have been thinking about trying O but, and I thank you for this, I'll stick with my n-scale. I like the size and the feel ... and how much I can comfortably fit in a given space! I'll do G-scale when I get a yard .

Joe <><

jatravia
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 06/29/2005 :  11:31:03 PM  Show Profile
Tyson,

after spending a good deal of time with this forum I have been thinking about trying O but, and I thank you for this, I'll stick with my n-scale. I like the size and the feel ... and how much I can comfortably fit in a given space! I'll do G-scale when I get a yard .

Joe <><

teejay
Fireman

Posted - 06/30/2005 :  07:21:36 AM  Show Profile
Gotta do watcha gotta do , Tyson . Yes , the O scale stuff is a tad pricey ...thankful that I'm only building a Mini . Post some pics of your n scale over here ( unless they are already in the move )

Terry

teejay
Fireman

Posted - 06/30/2005 :  07:21:36 AM  Show Profile
Gotta do watcha gotta do , Tyson . Yes , the O scale stuff is a tad pricey ...thankful that I'm only building a Mini . Post some pics of your n scale over here ( unless they are already in the move )

Terry

Tyson Rayles

Premium Member

Posted - 06/30/2005 :  07:50:44 AM  Show Profile
Joe I think if I was going to build anything more than a mini in a larger scale I would go outside with G also. Of course that is even pricier than O! Terry it has been moved over.

Tyson Rayles

Premium Member

Posted - 06/30/2005 :  07:50:44 AM  Show Profile
Joe I think if I was going to build anything more than a mini in a larger scale I would go outside with G also. Of course that is even pricier than O! Terry it has been moved over.

postalkarl
Fireman

Posted - 06/30/2005 :  07:53:58 AM  Show Profile
Hi All:

Yeah and it's just to darned biggggggggggggg.

Karl S.

postalkarl
Fireman

Posted - 06/30/2005 :  07:53:58 AM  Show Profile
Hi All:

Yeah and it's just to darned biggggggggggggg.

Karl S.

Previous Topic: New to the forum Topic Next Topic: From Intrigue to Action  
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Topic Locked | 
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-19 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 0.38 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000