Railroad Line Forums - THE GALLERY: June 2005 - Stations and Depots
Railroad Line Forums
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Sponsors   Support the RRLine   Guestbook   FAQ     Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Live Chat | Avatar Legend | Search | Statistics
Photo Album | File Lister | File Library
[ Active Members: 1 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 84 ]  [ Total: 85 ]  [ Newest Member: red dog ]
 All Forums
 Model Railroad Forums
 Railroad Photography Forum
 THE GALLERY: June 2005 - Stations and Depots
Next Page
 New Topic |   Topic Locked | 
Author Previous Topic: test posting Topic Next Topic: The Buildings at Shoal Creek Village
Page: of 15

Dutchman
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 06/01/2005 :  11:35:49 AM  Show Profile
Welcome to the June 2005 Photo Gallery!

There was a time when passenger stations and freight depots were present up and down the railroad line. Some were masonry and some were wood, some were large and some were small, some were ornate and some were utilitarian, but they were always a hub of activity on the line.

So, fellow Forum Members, lets share our favorite pictures of stations and depots, both model and prototype. If it is a picture of a model, remember to mention the manufacturer and any modifications that you have made to the model. Scratchbuilders and kitbashers, jump right in. Finally, if taking prototype photos is your passion, feel free to add them to the Gallery.

As always, please adhere to the following posting requirements: photo files should be no more than 80kb @ 72ppi in size - even if downloading from a remote server or website - and can be no more than 7 inches in width (to prevent viewers from having to scroll back and forth to see the entire photo or read text on the same page).

Photo submissions not meeting the above requirements will be resized by the Moderator.

So, the next station will be...

Edited by - Dutchman on 06/01/2005 11:41:13 AM

George D

Premium Member

Posted - 06/01/2005 :  1:06:37 PM  Show Profile
This once was a passenger station on the Pittsburgh, Butler, Harmony and New Castle Railway. It's located in Wexford, PA and has been moved a few hundred yards from its original location. The P,B,H &N.C. was an interurban line.

In the early part of the 20th century, during the heyday of the interurban lines, a Pittsburgh newspaper reporter hopped from line to line all the way to Chicago. It took him two weeks and cost $14 in fares.

George

George D

Premium Member

Posted - 06/01/2005 :  1:06:37 PM  Show Profile
This once was a passenger station on the Pittsburgh, Butler, Harmony and New Castle Railway. It's located in Wexford, PA and has been moved a few hundred yards from its original location. The P,B,H &N.C. was an interurban line.

In the early part of the 20th century, during the heyday of the interurban lines, a Pittsburgh newspaper reporter hopped from line to line all the way to Chicago. It took him two weeks and cost $14 in fares.

George

JBL
Engine Wiper

Premium Member

Posted - 06/01/2005 :  2:21:33 PM  Show Profile
Hi,

my contribution to this month' gallery is the ATSF depot of Lamy,NM. The model is built from a styrene/resin kit. The manufacturer is "retro replicas" (which is me).

Regards,
Jens
Germany

JBL
Engine Wiper

Premium Member

Posted - 06/01/2005 :  2:21:33 PM  Show Profile
Hi,

my contribution to this month' gallery is the ATSF depot of Lamy,NM. The model is built from a styrene/resin kit. The manufacturer is "retro replicas" (which is me).

Regards,
Jens
Germany

Eric Norris
Section Hand

Posted - 06/01/2005 :  2:36:03 PM  Show Profile

This is a photo of Union Station in St. Louis that I took last summer. It's now home to a number of shops and restaurants.

Eric Norris

Edited by - Eric Norris on 06/01/2005 2:38:06 PM

Eric Norris
Section Hand

Posted - 06/01/2005 :  2:36:03 PM  Show Profile

This is a photo of Union Station in St. Louis that I took last summer. It's now home to a number of shops and restaurants.

Eric Norris

Edited by - Eric Norris on 06/01/2005 2:38:06 PM

Dutchman
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 06/01/2005 :  8:34:06 PM  Show Profile
It looks like we are off to a great start! George, that wooden station is similar to many in the Northeast. Jens, that station sure does shout out "Southwest". Eric, can you imagine the wealth that the railroads had back when stations like that one were built?

Dutchman
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 06/01/2005 :  8:34:06 PM  Show Profile
It looks like we are off to a great start! George, that wooden station is similar to many in the Northeast. Jens, that station sure does shout out "Southwest". Eric, can you imagine the wealth that the railroads had back when stations like that one were built?

TomPM
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 06/01/2005 :  9:03:08 PM  Show Profile  Visit TomPM's Homepage  Send TomPM a Yahoo! Message
Awesome start everyone!

Looks like I have to fire up the scanner and start scanning my old rail fanning photos.

George
That is a neat little station.

Jens
Awesome model!

Eric
Great picture of an awesome building!

Tom
Jack of All Trades Master of None
Ridley Keystone & Mountain Railroad
My Rail Images Gallery
NARA Member #100

TomPM
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 06/01/2005 :  9:03:08 PM  Show Profile  Visit TomPM's Homepage  Send TomPM a Yahoo! Message
Awesome start everyone!

Looks like I have to fire up the scanner and start scanning my old rail fanning photos.

George
That is a neat little station.

Jens
Awesome model!

Eric
Great picture of an awesome building!

Tom
My Rail Images Gallery
NARA Member #100

TomPM
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 06/01/2005 :  9:12:21 PM  Show Profile  Visit TomPM's Homepage  Send TomPM a Yahoo! Message
Here is one I scanned a while back.

This is the Conrail Executive Train with an E-8 in the lead passing Chester, PA on the Northeast Corridor. The train is heading south. The picture was taken early in the morning on a cloudy day. From what I can remember the train left Philadelphia around 6:30 AM.

Tom
My Rail Images Gallery
NARA Member #100

TomPM
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 06/01/2005 :  9:12:21 PM  Show Profile  Visit TomPM's Homepage  Send TomPM a Yahoo! Message
Here is one I scanned a while back.

This is the Conrail Executive Train with an E-8 in the lead passing Chester, PA on the Northeast Corridor. The train is heading south. The picture was taken early in the morning on a cloudy day. From what I can remember the train left Philadelphia around 6:30 AM.

Tom
My Rail Images Gallery
NARA Member #100

wvrr
Fireman

Posted - 06/02/2005 :  07:40:43 AM  Show Profile  Visit wvrr's Homepage
Here is the station I built as one of the challenge projects...

Nice pictures posted so far. I really like seeing stations like the one in St. Louis. I'm glad to see that some of these survived, unlike the old Penn Station in NYC.

Tom, when was your phot taken?

Chuck

wvrr
Fireman

Posted - 06/02/2005 :  07:40:43 AM  Show Profile  Visit wvrr's Homepage
Here is the station I built as one of the challenge projects...

Nice pictures posted so far. I really like seeing stations like the one in St. Louis. I'm glad to see that some of these survived, unlike the old Penn Station in NYC.

Tom, when was your phot taken?

Chuck

jatravia
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 06/02/2005 :  08:31:08 AM  Show Profile
Nice detail on your station Chuck. I like the coloring.

Joe <><

Page: of 15 Previous Topic: test posting Topic Next Topic: The Buildings at Shoal Creek Village  
 New Topic |   Topic Locked | 
Next Page
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-19 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 0.58 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000