Railroad Line Forums - Heavy Town Based Layout.
Railroad Line Forums
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Sponsors   Support the RRLine   Guestbook   FAQ     Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Live Chat | Avatar Legend | Search | Statistics
Photo Album | File Lister | File Library
[ Active Members: 5 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 145 ]  [ Total: 150 ]  [ Newest Member: colind ]
 All Forums
 Model Railroad Forums
 Small Scale Model Railroad Forum
 Heavy Town Based Layout.
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Topic Locked | 
Author Previous Topic: Small layout gallery Topic Next Topic: FS 5/1/05  

happierr
New Hire

Posted - 05/02/2005 :  10:41:33 PM  Show Profile
Hello,

I wanted to ask the experts. As a young one, I have a 4'x8' HO layout, it has long left me, and with it, a 4 x 8 chunk of my heart. So now at 31 yo, I want it back.

I do not have the room I had before, so I am looking at N scale. I want to know if someone can point out a heavt town base layouy. I LOVE to build buildings and town. Heck, the train is almost secondary to me.

So if someone knows a resource for a 8 x 8 ish or even 10 x 10 ish with lots of structures please pont me that way.

I am glad I found this forum :)

Happierr...

Dutchman
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 05/03/2005 :  07:14:45 AM  Show Profile
happierr,

This link will bring you to a review of a book on urban modeling by John Pryke. It is a great source of information on this topic.

http://www.trainsarefun.com/urbanmodeling/cityscenery.htm

Also, you might want to visit the website of the New England, Berkshire, & Western RR located at Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute in Troy, NY. They have some excellent pictures of urban modeling.

http://railroad.union.rpi.edu/index.asp

Go to the Photo Gallery part of their website and look around.

I hope that this helps.

Edited by - Dutchman on 05/03/2005 09:38:09 AM

Dutchman
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 05/03/2005 :  07:14:45 AM  Show Profile
happierr,

This link will bring you to a review of a book on urban modeling by John Pryke. It is a great source of information on this topic.

http://www.trainsarefun.com/urbanmodeling/cityscenery.htm

Also, you might want to visit the website of the New England, Berkshire, & Western RR located at Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute in Troy, NY. They have some excellent pictures of urban modeling.

http://railroad.union.rpi.edu/index.asp

Go to the Photo Gallery part of their website and look around.

I hope that this helps.

Edited by - Dutchman on 05/03/2005 09:38:09 AM

belg
Fireman

Posted - 05/03/2005 :  07:25:38 AM  Show Profile
Bruce the first link you put up does not work. I'm wondering are you a member of the Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute and what does membership bring??? Pat

belg
Fireman

Posted - 05/03/2005 :  07:25:38 AM  Show Profile
Bruce the first link you put up does not work. I'm wondering are you a member of the Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute and what does membership bring??? Pat

Dutchman
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 05/03/2005 :  09:42:00 AM  Show Profile
Pat,

Thanks for the heads-up. I have fixed the link.

I belonged to the RPI site for about 3-months. It turned out that I was very busy at work then, and rarely got a chance to visit the site. Membership allows you access to the on-line modeling articles, etc. that would be of interest. I will probably join for another 3-month period when I retire, and download those tips.

The Photo Gallery is free, and is a terrific resource.

Dutchman
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 05/03/2005 :  09:42:00 AM  Show Profile
Pat,

Thanks for the heads-up. I have fixed the link.

I belonged to the RPI site for about 3-months. It turned out that I was very busy at work then, and rarely got a chance to visit the site. Membership allows you access to the on-line modeling articles, etc. that would be of interest. I will probably join for another 3-month period when I retire, and download those tips.

The Photo Gallery is free, and is a terrific resource.

Cowcatcher
Fireman

Posted - 05/03/2005 :  3:25:37 PM  Show Profile  Visit Cowcatcher's Homepage
On my dead computer I had a links to a number of sites that had layouts for small spaces. Let me see if I can find them again.

Cowcatcher
Fireman

Posted - 05/03/2005 :  3:25:37 PM  Show Profile  Visit Cowcatcher's Homepage
On my dead computer I had a links to a number of sites that had layouts for small spaces. Let me see if I can find them again.

Previous Topic: Small layout gallery Topic Next Topic: FS 5/1/05  
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Topic Locked | 
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-19 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 0.27 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000