Railroad Line Forums - From Intrigue to Action
Railroad Line Forums
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Sponsors   Support the RRLine   Guestbook   FAQ     Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Live Chat | Avatar Legend | Search | Statistics
Photo Album | File Lister | File Library
[ Active Members: 6 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 55 ]  [ Total: 61 ]  [ Newest Member: rkovvur ]
 All Forums
 Model Railroad Forums
 Micro & Mini Layouts
 From Intrigue to Action
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Topic Locked | 
Author Previous Topic: Packing it up! Topic Next Topic: Pizza anyone?
Page: of 9

davidray
Engine Wiper

Posted - 04/10/2005 :  6:19:22 PM  Show Profile
Tileguy, I think you need to use the Reply to Topic button at the bottom instead of the Quick Reply form. The Reply To Topic opens up a new window with more options.

David Ray
Cumming, Georgia, USA

davidray
Engine Wiper

Posted - 04/10/2005 :  6:19:22 PM  Show Profile
Tileguy, I think you need to use the Reply to Topic button at the bottom instead of the Quick Reply form. The Reply To Topic opens up a new window with more options.

David Ray
Cumming, Georgia, USA

Tileguy
Engine Wiper

Posted - 04/10/2005 :  6:56:24 PM  Show Profile
David, thanks but i knew that.
This aint my first Rodeo ;)

Tileguy
Engine Wiper

Posted - 04/10/2005 :  6:56:24 PM  Show Profile
David, thanks but i knew that.
This aint my first Rodeo ;)

davidray
Engine Wiper

Posted - 04/10/2005 :  7:12:23 PM  Show Profile
Seems like the bull is winning though.

Which browser are you using?

David Ray
Cumming, Georgia, USA

davidray
Engine Wiper

Posted - 04/10/2005 :  7:12:23 PM  Show Profile
Seems like the bull is winning though.

Which browser are you using?

David Ray
Cumming, Georgia, USA

Tyson Rayles

Premium Member

Posted - 04/10/2005 :  8:19:02 PM  Show Profile
O.K. we have now found the problem, you are driving a Chevy and not a Ford. Why didn't you say that to start with! Kidding aside I haven't heard of the problem before. Like Dave asked what browser are you using? If not IE, try it with IE and see what happens. BTW here is your trackplan. You know if you can figure out how to make the tracks disappear into the quarry, they could reimerge from the feed mill and you could run two trains at once.

Edited by - Tyson Rayles on 04/10/2005 8:26:44 PM

Tyson Rayles

Premium Member

Posted - 04/10/2005 :  8:19:02 PM  Show Profile
O.K. we have now found the problem, you are driving a Chevy and not a Ford. Why didn't you say that to start with! Kidding aside I haven't heard of the problem before. Like Dave asked what browser are you using? If not IE, try it with IE and see what happens. BTW here is your trackplan. You know if you can figure out how to make the tracks disappear into the quarry, they could reimerge from the feed mill and you could run two trains at once.

Edited by - Tyson Rayles on 04/10/2005 8:26:44 PM

Bbags
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 04/10/2005 :  9:03:39 PM  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by Tileguy

Tyson, i have a basic version for posting and it has no option for file posting.
I'm sure its an Admin thing so you will have to check that out for me before i can even learn how.

There was an older version URL for this forum prior to being able to post pictures.
You may be using that one which does not have an "Insert a File" option.
The new way to enter the forum is through
www.railroad-line.com.
If you are doing this and you do not have a "Insert a File" button, PM Mike C as he is an administrator and will be able to help you.

John Bagley
Modeling the Alaska Railroad in HO in Wildwood Georgia.

Edited by - Bbags on 04/10/2005 9:14:30 PM

Bbags
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 04/10/2005 :  9:03:39 PM  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by Tileguy

Tyson, i have a basic version for posting and it has no option for file posting.
I'm sure its an Admin thing so you will have to check that out for me before i can even learn how.

There was an older version URL for this forum prior to being able to post pictures.
You may be using that one which does not have an "Insert a File" option.
The new way to enter the forum is through
www.railroad-line.com.
If you are doing this and you do not have a "Insert a File" button, PM Mike C as he is an administrator and will be able to help you.

John Bagley
Modeling the Alaska Railroad in HO in Wildwood Georgia.

Edited by - Bbags on 04/10/2005 9:14:30 PM

Tileguy
Engine Wiper

Posted - 04/10/2005 :  9:46:10 PM  Show Profile
Yep the bull is winning.

Knew it had to be the Chevy Tyson !!

I am using IE,Outlook express,excell,office,paint,Word,Winamp and 123 solitaire,Startup page is Google
Good idea on the twin loops except......... that inner loop makes me nervous as it is, its tight.I found out what you meant by getting the track right with difficulty.I ended up going to liquid nails to adhere the track on those radiuses but not before soldering all the joints.It worked great and was stuck fast in 20 minutes with no worries.I soldered all connections in about 6 minutes and never lost a tie.(it took me longer to gather the soldering stuff than to do the actual work)I slipped a heat sink under the track more to protect the foam than anything else.
(this was a great place to try out my new mini butane solderer.If you dont own one,you dont know what you are missing.Its the ****nit!!!
small light convenient and very very fast.Perfect for electronics and N scale trackwork.)Go buy one at radio shack right away tomorrow,dont wait,dont think about it,just do it.you will never ever go back to electric i kid you not.Pick up some butane at the local walmart and your in business.I was not a very good sladerer whenit came to track.this tool improved my work immensly.

John,Thanks!!
I'll try re entering through that link.I have had this bookmark for quite some time and although i didnt post in here much,i visited as often as anywhere else and more so lately since i no longer go to the Atlas Hell dome.I frequent 4 of the 8 Model RR forums i have bookmarked.I just follow Tyson around like a shadow LOL <jk>
I thnk ive been a member here for close to 2 years maybe.Couldnt tell it by my post count for sure.And to think i have 10,000 posts in the tile forum i moderate.Its very unbalanced,i need to spend more time with my hobby and less with my career LOL

I see i got bleeped. for iznitsh (thats in pig latin) It may be slang,but then again so is Darn,dang,heck and Groovy

Edited by - Tileguy on 04/10/2005 9:50:12 PM

Tileguy
Engine Wiper

Posted - 04/10/2005 :  9:46:10 PM  Show Profile
Yep the bull is winning.

Knew it had to be the Chevy Tyson !!

I am using IE,Outlook express,excell,office,paint,Word,Winamp and 123 solitaire,Startup page is Google
Good idea on the twin loops except......... that inner loop makes me nervous as it is, its tight.I found out what you meant by getting the track right with difficulty.I ended up going to liquid nails to adhere the track on those radiuses but not before soldering all the joints.It worked great and was stuck fast in 20 minutes with no worries.I soldered all connections in about 6 minutes and never lost a tie.(it took me longer to gather the soldering stuff than to do the actual work)I slipped a heat sink under the track more to protect the foam than anything else.
(this was a great place to try out my new mini butane solderer.If you dont own one,you dont know what you are missing.Its the ****nit!!!
small light convenient and very very fast.Perfect for electronics and N scale trackwork.)Go buy one at radio shack right away tomorrow,dont wait,dont think about it,just do it.you will never ever go back to electric i kid you not.Pick up some butane at the local walmart and your in business.I was not a very good sladerer whenit came to track.this tool improved my work immensly.

John,Thanks!!
I'll try re entering through that link.I have had this bookmark for quite some time and although i didnt post in here much,i visited as often as anywhere else and more so lately since i no longer go to the Atlas Hell dome.I frequent 4 of the 8 Model RR forums i have bookmarked.I just follow Tyson around like a shadow LOL <jk>
I thnk ive been a member here for close to 2 years maybe.Couldnt tell it by my post count for sure.And to think i have 10,000 posts in the tile forum i moderate.Its very unbalanced,i need to spend more time with my hobby and less with my career LOL

I see i got bleeped. for iznitsh (thats in pig latin) It may be slang,but then again so is Darn,dang,heck and Groovy

Edited by - Tileguy on 04/10/2005 9:50:12 PM

Tyson Rayles

Premium Member

Posted - 04/11/2005 :  06:09:18 AM  Show Profile
"Good idea on the twin loops except......... that inner loop makes me nervous as it is, its tight"

If it wasn't tight it wouldn't be any fun!

Tyson Rayles

Premium Member

Posted - 04/11/2005 :  06:09:18 AM  Show Profile
"Good idea on the twin loops except......... that inner loop makes me nervous as it is, its tight"

If it wasn't tight it wouldn't be any fun!

Tileguy
Engine Wiper

Posted - 04/11/2005 :  08:30:26 AM  Show Profile
Tyson, its not as tight as i thought.I blew a RS3 through those switches using a tech 260 damn the torpedoes full speed ahead for 30-40 loops(which didnt take long mind you).
I think rather than running 2 loops,i'll block it for 2 trains.mainline and switching line.I need to get my caboose ind throws on there.i cant back through a couple of those switches without getting positive locks on them.Other than that,
Its Operational!!!! :)
I'll be out of town all week. see you next weekend!!

Page: of 9 Previous Topic: Packing it up! Topic Next Topic: Pizza anyone?  
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Topic Locked | 
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-19 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 0.58 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000