Railroad Line Forums - From Intrigue to Action
Railroad Line Forums
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Sponsors   Support the RRLine   Guestbook   FAQ     Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Live Chat | Avatar Legend | Search | Statistics
Photo Album | File Lister | File Library
[ Active Members: 3 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 56 ]  [ Total: 59 ]  [ Newest Member: rkovvur ]
 All Forums
 Model Railroad Forums
 Micro & Mini Layouts
 From Intrigue to Action
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Topic Locked | 
Author Previous Topic: Packing it up! Topic Next Topic: Pizza anyone?
Page: of 9

Tyson Rayles

Premium Member

Posted - 04/10/2005 :  11:51:57 AM  Show Profile
Todd you CAN post directly here. It does involve a couple extra steps but once you have done it a couple of times it's no big deal. We have a thread on how to do it and as soon as I find it I will post the link here. I had to have a rail images account for AMR so I usually go that route myself. Now let me go look for that link.

Tyson Rayles

Premium Member

Posted - 04/10/2005 :  12:04:54 PM  Show Profile
http://www.railroad-line.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=4761

There you go Todd, if you have any problems/questions let me know. You might want to print it out so you will have it for reference the first couple of times.

Edited by - Tyson Rayles on 04/10/2005 12:08:16 PM

Tyson Rayles

Premium Member

Posted - 04/10/2005 :  12:04:54 PM  Show Profile
http://www.railroad-line.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=4761

There you go Todd, if you have any problems/questions let me know. You might want to print it out so you will have it for reference the first couple of times.

Edited by - Tyson Rayles on 04/10/2005 12:08:16 PM

Tileguy
Engine Wiper

Posted - 04/10/2005 :  12:08:02 PM  Show Profile
Thanks for finding that Tyson, i was looking all over for instructions and finally gave up. I'll look it over.If i figure it out i'll post the Pics here

Tileguy
Engine Wiper

Posted - 04/10/2005 :  12:08:02 PM  Show Profile
Thanks for finding that Tyson, i was looking all over for instructions and finally gave up. I'll look it over.If i figure it out i'll post the Pics here

Tileguy
Engine Wiper

Posted - 04/10/2005 :  12:15:01 PM  Show Profile
Tyson, i have a basic version for posting and it has no option for file posting.
I'm sure its an Admin thing so you will have to check that out for me before i can even learn how.

Tileguy
Engine Wiper

Posted - 04/10/2005 :  12:15:01 PM  Show Profile
Tyson, i have a basic version for posting and it has no option for file posting.
I'm sure its an Admin thing so you will have to check that out for me before i can even learn how.

Tyson Rayles

Premium Member

Posted - 04/10/2005 :  1:03:13 PM  Show Profile
Because I have to use Rail Image for AMR I haven't had to post a image the regular way. I'll try it myself in minute.

Edited by - Tyson Rayles on 04/10/2005 1:19:49 PM

Tyson Rayles

Premium Member

Posted - 04/10/2005 :  1:03:13 PM  Show Profile
Because I have to use Rail Image for AMR I haven't had to post a image the regular way. I'll try it myself in minute.

Edited by - Tyson Rayles on 04/10/2005 1:19:49 PM

Tyson Rayles

Premium Member

Posted - 04/10/2005 :  1:22:46 PM  Show Profile
Well it's working. I don't understand what you mean by

"i have a basic version for posting and it has no option for file posting"

You are using our software not yours, are you on a PC or a Mac?

Tyson Rayles

Premium Member

Posted - 04/10/2005 :  1:22:46 PM  Show Profile
Well it's working. I don't understand what you mean by

"i have a basic version for posting and it has no option for file posting"

You are using our software not yours, are you on a PC or a Mac?

Tileguy
Engine Wiper

Posted - 04/10/2005 :  5:44:37 PM  Show Profile
Posted - 09/03/2003 : 16:55:45
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Photo sharing is an important feature and advantage to membership here on RR-L. However, we realize that posting photos can be a confusing procedure, especially for new members who are not familiar with how the forum software works. As a result, I have written this step-by-step tutorial. Hopefully, it will help everyone who would like to post a photo and share their work with other members.

Please be aware that this tutorial does not address the uploading/downloading of photos from remote servers such as personal websites or photo hosting services. It also does not address setting up a Photo Album using the Forums' Photo Album software. (If you want to establish a photo album but do not see your user name listed in the Album area, please leave a note for Joe in the Admin Forum. He can set one up for you.)

The instructions below pertain only to those who have photo files in jpg or jpeg format stored on their computer's hard disk drive.

Also, please be aware of the following requirements imposed by the Forums' software: your photo file must be no larger than 80kb. The photo's file name should not contain any punctuation marks (such as commas, apostrophes, or quotation marks) and should not contain any spaces. Use a period or a dash instead of a space in the file name or run all of the words together to make one word.

STEP 1:Bring up the "Posting Form" window. (This is the window where you type replies to topics and post them.) Type in whatever information you wish about your photo. See the graphic below:

STEP 2: Click on the "Insert a File" button under the message window.
I dont have this.

Go to the link you gave me and look at the graphic.
See the part that says HTML is on Forum code
Below that is the file attachment icon.
I dont have that.
The bottom of my posting window has 2 check boxes,1 to include posting signature and one to subscribe to topic followed by 3 buttons
Post new reply Preview Reset fields

This means i cant get to the first step let alone step 3 below

STEP 3: You should now see the "Browse" window. When you click on the "Browse" button, the software will take you to your computer's hard drive. From there, navigate to the folder where you have stored your photo files (in jpg and 80kb or smaller!)

STEP 4: Select the photo you want to upload to your post. (NOTE: I deliberately did not include a graphic for this part. I use a Mac running OS X 10.3, and the file structure/dialogs would probably confuse those of you who use a PC/Windows.) After you have selected your photo's file name, the software will take you back to the "Browse" window, where the name of your photo is now displayed. Click on "Upload File to your name's Post."

STEP 5: After you have clicked on the "Upload File" button, you should see a message indicating that your file was successfully received. Click on the "Click here to Close" line. You should now be taken back to the message posting window, where some text has been added to your message.

Tileguy
Engine Wiper

Posted - 04/10/2005 :  5:44:37 PM  Show Profile
Posted - 09/03/2003 : 16:55:45
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Photo sharing is an important feature and advantage to membership here on RR-L. However, we realize that posting photos can be a confusing procedure, especially for new members who are not familiar with how the forum software works. As a result, I have written this step-by-step tutorial. Hopefully, it will help everyone who would like to post a photo and share their work with other members.

Please be aware that this tutorial does not address the uploading/downloading of photos from remote servers such as personal websites or photo hosting services. It also does not address setting up a Photo Album using the Forums' Photo Album software. (If you want to establish a photo album but do not see your user name listed in the Album area, please leave a note for Joe in the Admin Forum. He can set one up for you.)

The instructions below pertain only to those who have photo files in jpg or jpeg format stored on their computer's hard disk drive.

Also, please be aware of the following requirements imposed by the Forums' software: your photo file must be no larger than 80kb. The photo's file name should not contain any punctuation marks (such as commas, apostrophes, or quotation marks) and should not contain any spaces. Use a period or a dash instead of a space in the file name or run all of the words together to make one word.

STEP 1:Bring up the "Posting Form" window. (This is the window where you type replies to topics and post them.) Type in whatever information you wish about your photo. See the graphic below:

STEP 2: Click on the "Insert a File" button under the message window.
I dont have this.

Go to the link you gave me and look at the graphic.
See the part that says HTML is on Forum code
Below that is the file attachment icon.
I dont have that.
The bottom of my posting window has 2 check boxes,1 to include posting signature and one to subscribe to topic followed by 3 buttons
Post new reply Preview Reset fields

This means i cant get to the first step let alone step 3 below

STEP 3: You should now see the "Browse" window. When you click on the "Browse" button, the software will take you to your computer's hard drive. From there, navigate to the folder where you have stored your photo files (in jpg and 80kb or smaller!)

STEP 4: Select the photo you want to upload to your post. (NOTE: I deliberately did not include a graphic for this part. I use a Mac running OS X 10.3, and the file structure/dialogs would probably confuse those of you who use a PC/Windows.) After you have selected your photo's file name, the software will take you back to the "Browse" window, where the name of your photo is now displayed. Click on "Upload File to your name's Post."

STEP 5: After you have clicked on the "Upload File" button, you should see a message indicating that your file was successfully received. Click on the "Click here to Close" line. You should now be taken back to the message posting window, where some text has been added to your message.

Tileguy
Engine Wiper

Posted - 04/10/2005 :  5:54:08 PM  Show Profile
By the way, i completed my trackplan and have 90% of it laid.I ended up with my passing siding afterall LOL

I posted it on that other site if you want to lift it and post it here seeing as I cant.
I would have all my track laid if i hadnt stopped to try to figure this out.
I have a windows based PC running windows XP.
2.4 Ghtz-512 Megs Ram 16 megs Video 40 gig HD , 8xDVD 8-4-32CDRW 3.5 floppy for bays with 2 empty bays 19" monitor System is by Systemax tiger direct originally and rebuilt 4 months ago to upgrade processor.
My truck is a Chev Silverado HD 2500. Chocolate rather than Vanilla and if it isnt real Maple syrup its not going on my pancakes.
Now,
Anything else i can tell you ;) roflmao

Tileguy
Engine Wiper

Posted - 04/10/2005 :  5:54:08 PM  Show Profile
By the way, i completed my trackplan and have 90% of it laid.I ended up with my passing siding afterall LOL

I posted it on that other site if you want to lift it and post it here seeing as I cant.
I would have all my track laid if i hadnt stopped to try to figure this out.
I have a windows based PC running windows XP.
2.4 Ghtz-512 Megs Ram 16 megs Video 40 gig HD , 8xDVD 8-4-32CDRW 3.5 floppy for bays with 2 empty bays 19" monitor System is by Systemax tiger direct originally and rebuilt 4 months ago to upgrade processor.
My truck is a Chev Silverado HD 2500. Chocolate rather than Vanilla and if it isnt real Maple syrup its not going on my pancakes.
Now,
Anything else i can tell you ;) roflmao

Page: of 9 Previous Topic: Packing it up! Topic Next Topic: Pizza anyone?  
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Topic Locked | 
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-19 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 1.56 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000