Railroad Line Forums - From Intrigue to Action
Railroad Line Forums
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Sponsors   Support the RRLine   Guestbook   FAQ     Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Live Chat | Avatar Legend | Search | Statistics
Photo Album | File Lister | File Library
[ Active Members: 3 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 111 ]  [ Total: 114 ]  [ Newest Member: colind ]
 All Forums
 Model Railroad Forums
 Micro & Mini Layouts
 From Intrigue to Action
Next Page
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Topic Locked | 
Author Previous Topic: Packing it up! Topic Next Topic: Pizza anyone?
Page: of 9

Tileguy
Engine Wiper

Posted - 04/09/2005 :  3:12:05 PM  Show Profile
quote:
No law says you can't have your regular layout and a few of the micro/mini's also! Tyson Rayles

And with that quaote gentlemen, I am off and running.
I got so fired up about the challenge mini's and after seeing Tysons completed,I just had to jump in both feet.Now i still have my room size i'm working on,but i needed something as a distraction.
I also needed something i could take with me to motel rooms when I am on the road working(which i will be for the next 2 weeks).

Of course all I had to do was mention this at aother site and that was it,Tyson made sure i'd be in here doing progress reports too

Well, between 7 this morning and now i managed to break away from what i need to do to what i wanted to do and managed to get my 3/4"Ply cut down to 18 x 29 3/4 ( I know Tyson it was going to be 36" long but hey,my 2" blueboard would quite stretch that far )
I managed to get it framed up in hardboard,blueboard is in ,center backdrop is placed and tunnel is cut through it on the left side.Everythings glued and nailed and drying so I can carve out my reliefs and dab a little paint here and there before i lay any track.

While the layout will be similar to Tysons N challenge project,there will be a bit of variation to it.After all, ive got more room to play with.where he used 2 turnouts ,I will be using 5 for sure and 6 possibly which will give me 2 passing tracks/sidings with 1 or 2 spurs off these,We will see how it lays out. I also offset the center backdrop to give me one side just a bit wider than the other.I thought i would throw a little bit of a challenge into 1 side just to get a feel for how bad Tyson was pulling his hair out while scenicking

I'd love to give ya'll some pics but the camera's on the fritz(wifes looking into this)
So i'll do what i can,when i can.
I'll add more as i progress!!

Dutchman
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 04/09/2005 :  3:31:33 PM  Show Profile
Todd,
I hope that the camera gets fixed so we can see some pictures! Please keep us posted on your progress.

Dutchman
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 04/09/2005 :  3:31:33 PM  Show Profile
Todd,
I hope that the camera gets fixed so we can see some pictures! Please keep us posted on your progress.

Tyson Rayles

Premium Member

Posted - 04/09/2005 :  8:58:28 PM  Show Profile
Hi Todd, glad to see you got a progress thread started, hope you get the camera taken care of soon!

Tyson Rayles

Premium Member

Posted - 04/09/2005 :  8:58:28 PM  Show Profile
Hi Todd, glad to see you got a progress thread started, hope you get the camera taken care of soon!

Bbags
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 04/09/2005 :  9:13:00 PM  Show Profile
Todd,
Welcome to the group.
While I am going a bit larger (5 by 2) in HO I am enjoying this project as this is the beginning of what I hope will eventually be my larger layout.
Please get that camera working as we love pictures around here.

John Bagley
Modeling the Alaska Railroad in HO in Wildwood Georgia.

Bbags
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 04/09/2005 :  9:13:00 PM  Show Profile
Todd,
Welcome to the group.
While I am going a bit larger (5 by 2) in HO I am enjoying this project as this is the beginning of what I hope will eventually be my larger layout.
Please get that camera working as we love pictures around here.

John Bagley
Modeling the Alaska Railroad in HO in Wildwood Georgia.

Tileguy
Engine Wiper

Posted - 04/10/2005 :  12:33:30 AM  Show Profile
Hey, i'd love to post pics.Dang camera cost me near 500 bucks after all Grrrrrrr
After playing around with the track,it became painfully obvious that a passing track was not in the cards(tyson,you probobly figured as much didnt you ;) )
However, i do have the room to use a turnout,a second turnout reversed which gives me a two way siding and possibly a third turnout to give me another spur on the one side(still contemplating this as it may be a bit too much.
Operations-I am leaning towards a granite qurry block loading area and a granite tile fabricating plant (I always wanted to add something related to my trade to a layout)A small engine service area is where I am leaning with the reversed spur.This would include a single engine house,small coal bunk,water tower, sand house and some misc yard related junk Ties,rail,whels,oil drums etc.If i do manage that extra spur i would try to include a small old time freight house.
Back side will be the block loading area with related building and loading facilities. If i have the room i may add a small backwoods saw mill/crating operation to this side.We have to package that granite tile for shipping afterall :)
Time frame will be late twenties early thirties and early fall with just a tinge of color beginning to show up.Alot of Pine tres will be thrown into the mix for a northwoods feel.
I havent decided on water yet,we'll see how things progress.
I am not really going to go into a whole lot of detailed planning here for this small space.I am going to just go with the flow and see what happens in the end. Thats just one advantage of seeing a similar setup(tysons) yet having extra room :)
I wonder if I have an engine that will negotiate this tight radius, hmmmmmmmm Bachmann Connie maybe?? we shall see!!!

Tileguy
Engine Wiper

Posted - 04/10/2005 :  12:33:30 AM  Show Profile
Hey, i'd love to post pics.Dang camera cost me near 500 bucks after all Grrrrrrr
After playing around with the track,it became painfully obvious that a passing track was not in the cards(tyson,you probobly figured as much didnt you ;) )
However, i do have the room to use a turnout,a second turnout reversed which gives me a two way siding and possibly a third turnout to give me another spur on the one side(still contemplating this as it may be a bit too much.
Operations-I am leaning towards a granite qurry block loading area and a granite tile fabricating plant (I always wanted to add something related to my trade to a layout)A small engine service area is where I am leaning with the reversed spur.This would include a single engine house,small coal bunk,water tower, sand house and some misc yard related junk Ties,rail,whels,oil drums etc.If i do manage that extra spur i would try to include a small old time freight house.
Back side will be the block loading area with related building and loading facilities. If i have the room i may add a small backwoods saw mill/crating operation to this side.We have to package that granite tile for shipping afterall :)
Time frame will be late twenties early thirties and early fall with just a tinge of color beginning to show up.Alot of Pine tres will be thrown into the mix for a northwoods feel.
I havent decided on water yet,we'll see how things progress.
I am not really going to go into a whole lot of detailed planning here for this small space.I am going to just go with the flow and see what happens in the end. Thats just one advantage of seeing a similar setup(tysons) yet having extra room :)
I wonder if I have an engine that will negotiate this tight radius, hmmmmmmmm Bachmann Connie maybe?? we shall see!!!

anbhurst

Premium Member

Posted - 04/10/2005 :  02:35:48 AM  Show Profile
Todd,

You sure are exhibiting a lot of enthusiasm. I Hope some of it runs off on to me! You are right, too, . .about having a little distraction. Sometimes that's enough to spur us on in the main event. Thanks for sharing,

Allen
Modellin' the East in the West!

quote:
Originally posted by Tileguy

quote:
No law says you can't have your regular layout and a few of the micro/mini's also! Tyson Rayles
. . .I needed something as a distraction. . .

Allen
Modeling the East in the West on the Northeastern Pacific RIM, Oregon, that is!

anbhurst

Premium Member

Posted - 04/10/2005 :  02:35:48 AM  Show Profile
Todd,

You sure are exhibiting a lot of enthusiasm. I Hope some of it runs off on to me! You are right, too, . .about having a little distraction. Sometimes that's enough to spur us on in the main event. Thanks for sharing,

Allen
Modellin' the East in the West!

quote:
Originally posted by Tileguy

quote:
. . .I needed something as a distraction. . .

Allen
Modeling the East in the West on the Northeastern Pacific RIM, Oregon, that is!

Tyson Rayles

Premium Member

Posted - 04/10/2005 :  09:00:30 AM  Show Profile
"After playing around with the track,it became painfully obvious that a passing track was not in the cards(tyson,you probobly figured as much didnt you"

Yep!

Tyson Rayles

Premium Member

Posted - 04/10/2005 :  09:00:30 AM  Show Profile
"After playing around with the track,it became painfully obvious that a passing track was not in the cards(tyson,you probobly figured as much didnt you"

Yep!

Tileguy
Engine Wiper

Posted - 04/10/2005 :  10:38:05 AM  Show Profile
OK guys, you wanted Photo's.
I have a few that i consider inspiring and along the theme i hope to accomplish.
I have a quarry,old mill building,packaging and processing pictures,An old main street type photo etc.
I am not sure what is going to fit so i guess i am afterall going to have to put pencil to paper LOL.
Now posting photo's here is another ball game.
If i have to have an account elsewhere or the photo's have to be from somewhere other than my computer, forget it,it's not going to happen.Posting photo's is easy on some sites and i see no valid reason for it to be differant at other forums.No RR forum i know of that makes photo posting easy has had any real problems.

Now, i could post them at the easy site and Tyson would be welcome to Shift them here LOL or, you could tell me an Easy way to do it that doesnt involve a railimages account Tyson

In the meantime while i look over the photo posting section here and try to figure out the rules etc,i'll just say that for now they can be found [u]at that other site [/u Tyson

Tileguy
Engine Wiper

Posted - 04/10/2005 :  10:38:05 AM  Show Profile
OK guys, you wanted Photo's.
I have a few that i consider inspiring and along the theme i hope to accomplish.
I have a quarry,old mill building,packaging and processing pictures,An old main street type photo etc.
I am not sure what is going to fit so i guess i am afterall going to have to put pencil to paper LOL.
Now posting photo's here is another ball game.
If i have to have an account elsewhere or the photo's have to be from somewhere other than my computer, forget it,it's not going to happen.Posting photo's is easy on some sites and i see no valid reason for it to be differant at other forums.No RR forum i know of that makes photo posting easy has had any real problems.

Now, i could post them at the easy site and Tyson would be welcome to Shift them here LOL or, you could tell me an Easy way to do it that doesnt involve a railimages account Tyson

In the meantime while i look over the photo posting section here and try to figure out the rules etc,i'll just say that for now they can be found [u]at that other site [/u Tyson

Tyson Rayles

Premium Member

Posted - 04/10/2005 :  11:51:57 AM  Show Profile
Todd you CAN post directly here. It does involve a couple extra steps but once you have done it a couple of times it's no big deal. We have a thread on how to do it and as soon as I find it I will post the link here. I had to have a rail images account for AMR so I usually go that route myself. Now let me go look for that link.

Page: of 9 Previous Topic: Packing it up! Topic Next Topic: Pizza anyone?  
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Topic Locked | 
Next Page
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-19 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 0.41 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000