Railroad Line Forums - Logging Plans
Railroad Line Forums
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Sponsors   Support the RRLine   Guestbook   FAQ     Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Live Chat | Avatar Legend | Search | Statistics
Photo Album | File Lister | File Library
[ Active Members: 2 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 110 ]  [ Total: 112 ]  [ Newest Member: rkovvur ]
 All Forums
 Model Railroad Forums
 Logging, Mining, & Narrow minded
 Logging Plans
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Topic Locked | 
Author Previous Topic: Logging & Mining Model Manufactures Topic Next Topic: Sn3 questions!  

TRAINS1941
Engineer

Premium Member

Posted - 04/06/2005 :  9:01:37 PM  Show Profile
Anyone who can help!!!

I'm new to this so you will have to bear with me, until I get the hang of it.

I'm looking for templates for or plans for a sawmill. I have the Hull Oakes plans from Western Scale models, but it seems to big for what I want and not clear on how to build it.
Thanks,

Trains1941
Jerry
Jerry

"And in the end, itís not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years." A. Lincoln

belg
Fireman

Posted - 04/07/2005 :  06:15:16 AM  Show Profile
Jerry, here is a link to a great thread by Shamus on his website that shows some interesting sawmills and if asked Shamus will usually Email you a copy of the plans he used.There is also a link to his webpage which shows a sawmill in action. Pat
http://www.all-model-railroading.co.uk/forums/index.php?showtopic=178&st=0

belg
Fireman

Posted - 04/07/2005 :  06:15:16 AM  Show Profile
Jerry, here is a link to a great thread by Shamus on his website that shows some interesting sawmills and if asked Shamus will usually Email you a copy of the plans he used.There is also a link to his webpage which shows a sawmill in action. Pat
http://www.all-model-railroading.co.uk/forums/index.php?showtopic=178&st=0

paulbrockatsf
Fireman

Posted - 04/15/2005 :  5:21:38 PM  Show Profile
Jerry,

Here is a link for a sawmil in British Columbia Canada. It is the R.B. MCLEAN SAWMILL in Port Alberni, B.C.

Paul

paulbrockatsf
Fireman

Posted - 04/15/2005 :  5:21:38 PM  Show Profile
Jerry,

Here is a link for a sawmil in British Columbia Canada. It is the R.B. MCLEAN SAWMILL in Port Alberni, B.C.

Paul

paulbrockatsf
Fireman

Posted - 04/15/2005 :  5:33:57 PM  Show Profile
Jery,

Laurie Green also has a sawmill plan on his website. I guess we are able ro use them since it is posted there. If you are interested you might ask him. The link is: http://www.lauriegreen.net/ . It is about 2/3 down the page under DRIWROTT
SAWMILL No. 3. There are a lot of great articles & plans for other items to be found here. A great site.

Paul

paulbrockatsf
Fireman

Posted - 04/15/2005 :  5:33:57 PM  Show Profile
Jery,

Laurie Green also has a sawmill plan on his website. I guess we are able ro use them since it is posted there. If you are interested you might ask him. The link is: http://www.lauriegreen.net/ . It is about 2/3 down the page under DRIWROTT
SAWMILL No. 3. There are a lot of great articles & plans for other items to be found here. A great site.

Paul

paulbrockatsf
Fireman

Posted - 04/15/2005 :  5:38:49 PM  Show Profile
Opps! I forgot to add the link for the R.B. MCLEAN SAWMILL. Here it is: http://collections.gc.ca/drawings/sites/index.html

Paul

Edited by - paulbrockatsf on 04/15/2005 6:13:42 PM

paulbrockatsf
Fireman

Posted - 04/15/2005 :  5:38:49 PM  Show Profile
Opps! I forgot to add the link for the R.B. MCLEAN SAWMILL. Here it is: http://collections.gc.ca/drawings/sites/index.html

Paul

Edited by - paulbrockatsf on 04/15/2005 6:13:42 PM

Tileguy
Engine Wiper

Posted - 06/24/2005 :  09:26:36 AM  Show Profile
Jerry, I'm in the process of doing the same thing.........Its not as easy as some of the guys have made it look is it ;)
Ive actually worked on a couple of differant sawmills and i've been working at designing my layouts mill on and off for 6 weeks now.I'm getting closer but still a long ways from finished with the designwork.
It will be a Port mill of moderate size(small actually for a port mill)
Every day I sit down to work on the plans I kick myself for not just doing a backwoods Mill LOL
The Mclean Mill link above has a lot of good drawings and would make a nice sized mill.
The Laurie Green Mill is very well done and well thought out.
There are alot of images on the net to help detail.
Of course as a last resort you can always scratch a big warehouse type building, give it about 3 add ons,a loading dock and a green chain from a pond and a few outbuildings like a powerhouse,sawdust burner or sawdust storage and loading chutes and a Drying Shed or Kiln.
Make the planer a seperate mill complex all together or add it in with the main mill.
How about a narrow gauge 2' or 18" line from the main mill to a Planer mill :)

Tileguy
Engine Wiper

Posted - 06/24/2005 :  09:26:36 AM  Show Profile
Jerry, I'm in the process of doing the same thing.........Its not as easy as some of the guys have made it look is it ;)
Ive actually worked on a couple of differant sawmills and i've been working at designing my layouts mill on and off for 6 weeks now.I'm getting closer but still a long ways from finished with the designwork.
It will be a Port mill of moderate size(small actually for a port mill)
Every day I sit down to work on the plans I kick myself for not just doing a backwoods Mill LOL
The Mclean Mill link above has a lot of good drawings and would make a nice sized mill.
The Laurie Green Mill is very well done and well thought out.
There are alot of images on the net to help detail.
Of course as a last resort you can always scratch a big warehouse type building, give it about 3 add ons,a loading dock and a green chain from a pond and a few outbuildings like a powerhouse,sawdust burner or sawdust storage and loading chutes and a Drying Shed or Kiln.
Make the planer a seperate mill complex all together or add it in with the main mill.
How about a narrow gauge 2' or 18" line from the main mill to a Planer mill :)

RodH
Engine Wiper

Posted - 06/24/2005 :  9:13:21 PM  Show Profile  Visit RodH's Homepage
quote:
Originally posted by TRAINS1941

I'm looking for templates for or plans for a sawmill

Below is a small Australian sawmill published in the Book "Rails to Rubicon" by Peter Evans.
http://www.abcmaps.com.au/LRRSA.htm

Drain's Sawmill

Kirchhubel's Sawmill

Rod Hutchinson
Growing Old Disgracefully
Australia

RodH
Engine Wiper

Posted - 06/24/2005 :  9:13:21 PM  Show Profile  Visit RodH's Homepage
quote:
Originally posted by TRAINS1941

I'm looking for templates for or plans for a sawmill

Below is a small Australian sawmill published in the Book "Rails to Rubicon" by Peter Evans.
http://www.abcmaps.com.au/LRRSA.htm

Drain's Sawmill

Kirchhubel's Sawmill

Rod Hutchinson
Growing Old Disgracefully
Australia

TRAINS1941
Engineer

Premium Member

Posted - 06/24/2005 :  9:55:03 PM  Show Profile
Rod,

Thanks for the info I really do appreciate it. I'm working on a sawmill now I have some plans and I'm waiting to get some plans sent to me. I have the Band-Saw from Sierra West Models and today recieceived the Log Carriage the new Kit Bill just came out with in O-Scale. I hope one of these days I will be able to post pictures of my work here.

Jerry

Jerry

"And in the end, itís not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years." A. Lincoln

TRAINS1941
Engineer

Premium Member

Posted - 06/24/2005 :  9:55:03 PM  Show Profile
Rod,

Thanks for the info I really do appreciate it. I'm working on a sawmill now I have some plans and I'm waiting to get some plans sent to me. I have the Band-Saw from Sierra West Models and today recieceived the Log Carriage the new Kit Bill just came out with in O-Scale. I hope one of these days I will be able to post pictures of my work here.

Jerry

Jerry

Previous Topic: Logging & Mining Model Manufactures Topic Next Topic: Sn3 questions!  
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Topic Locked | 
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-19 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 0.42 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000