Railroad Line Forums - E-L Tugs
Railroad Line Forums
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Sponsors   Support the RRLine   Guestbook   FAQ     Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Live Chat | Avatar Legend | Search | Statistics
Photo Album | File Lister | File Library
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 109 ]  [ Total: 109 ]  [ Newest Member: colind ]
 All Forums
 Fallen Flag Railroad Forums
 Erie / Lackawanna Railroad Forum
 E-L Tugs
 New Topic |   Topic Locked | 
Author Previous Topic: Need Some DL&W Car Info Topic Next Topic: Out on the West End  

slimrails

Premium Member

Posted - 03/23/2005 :  07:36:52 AM  Show Profile  Visit slimrails's Homepage
This is a shot that I took way WAY back in the '70s alongside the DL&W terminal in Hoboken NJ. For those of you who have been there, this is the dock that is up against the side of the terminal building over where the business cars were sometimes kept.

wvrr
Fireman

Posted - 03/23/2005 :  08:08:04 AM  Show Profile  Visit wvrr's Homepage
Nice shot, Russ. It's amazing the amount of rail activity that was done in the NY harbor. I have a couple LV books that cover part of this.

Chuck

wvrr
Fireman

Posted - 03/23/2005 :  08:08:04 AM  Show Profile  Visit wvrr's Homepage
Nice shot, Russ. It's amazing the amount of rail activity that was done in the NY harbor. I have a couple LV books that cover part of this.

Chuck

Dutchman
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 03/23/2005 :  08:51:21 AM  Show Profile
I well remember those docks and all the activity associated with them. Right now, I don't have plans to include a dock scene on the layout, but I might have to re-think that.

Dutchman
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 03/23/2005 :  08:51:21 AM  Show Profile
I well remember those docks and all the activity associated with them. Right now, I don't have plans to include a dock scene on the layout, but I might have to re-think that.

slimrails

Premium Member

Posted - 03/23/2005 :  7:00:00 PM  Show Profile  Visit slimrails's Homepage
I have the two Morning Sun books on the New York harbor railroads that detail the marine operations. I plan on having a wharf and warehouse on my layout. Oh, Bruce, the AMB LaserKit barges are available for sale. I'll get one sometime this year when I get caught up on my bills.

slimrails

Premium Member

Posted - 03/23/2005 :  7:00:00 PM  Show Profile  Visit slimrails's Homepage
I have the two Morning Sun books on the New York harbor railroads that detail the marine operations. I plan on having a wharf and warehouse on my layout. Oh, Bruce, the AMB LaserKit barges are available for sale. I'll get one sometime this year when I get caught up on my bills.

wvrr
Fireman

Posted - 03/24/2005 :  07:52:57 AM  Show Profile  Visit wvrr's Homepage
Bruce,

It's been a while since I looked, But I remember seeing a restored LV covered barge (like AMB's kit) at a piear near the CNJ station in Jersey City. That was probably a couple years ago. I wonder if it is still there.

Chuck

wvrr
Fireman

Posted - 03/24/2005 :  07:52:57 AM  Show Profile  Visit wvrr's Homepage
Bruce,

It's been a while since I looked, But I remember seeing a restored LV covered barge (like AMB's kit) at a piear near the CNJ station in Jersey City. That was probably a couple years ago. I wonder if it is still there.

Chuck

Mr. Snoozer
New Hire

Posted - 03/29/2005 :  7:36:11 PM  Show Profile
These tugs also show up in a few EL books publishes by Morning Sun Books. Nice shot.

Mr. Snoozer

Mr. Snoozer
New Hire

Posted - 03/29/2005 :  7:36:11 PM  Show Profile
These tugs also show up in a few EL books publishes by Morning Sun Books. Nice shot.

Mr. Snoozer

Previous Topic: Need Some DL&W Car Info Topic Next Topic: Out on the West End  
 New Topic |   Topic Locked | 
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-19 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 0.31 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000