Railroad Line Forums - Teejay's OTHER Mini
Railroad Line Forums
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Sponsors   Support the RRLine   Guestbook   FAQ     Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Live Chat | Avatar Legend | Search | Statistics
Photo Album | File Lister | File Library
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 1 | Guests: 93 ]  [ Total: 94 ]  [ Newest Member: johnbell238@aol.com ]
 All Forums
 Model Railroad Forums
 Micro & Mini Layouts
 Teejay's OTHER Mini
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Topic Locked | 
Author Previous Topic: Nantahala Mining & Transportation Co. Topic Next Topic: Another page added to the scrapbook!
Page: of 5

George D

Premium Member

Posted - 07/23/2005 :  3:10:13 PM  Show Profile
Terry,
What did you use for the piping?
George

George D

Premium Member

Posted - 07/23/2005 :  3:10:13 PM  Show Profile
Terry,
What did you use for the piping?
George

teejay
Fireman

Posted - 07/23/2005 :  3:18:06 PM  Show Profile
George , I'm assuming you mean the curved downcomer . It is a Plastruct item with rings attached ( slid on and glued ) so that it appears to be segments . It is weathered with the old paint/water/paint method that I like . The flared end is a Plastruct cone that has been altered .

Terry

teejay
Fireman

Posted - 07/23/2005 :  3:18:06 PM  Show Profile
George , I'm assuming you mean the curved downcomer . It is a Plastruct item with rings attached ( slid on and glued ) so that it appears to be segments . It is weathered with the old paint/water/paint method that I like . The flared end is a Plastruct cone that has been altered .

Terry

George D

Premium Member

Posted - 07/23/2005 :  7:24:58 PM  Show Profile
Terry, that's what I was asking about - thanks.

George

George D

Premium Member

Posted - 07/23/2005 :  7:24:58 PM  Show Profile
Terry, that's what I was asking about - thanks.

George

belg
Fireman

Posted - 07/24/2005 :  07:28:23 AM  Show Profile
Terry, I really like your progress and was hoping you could tell me where have I seen the pipe finish before I think it was one of yours as well, a factory of some sort wasn't it. The material you use to make the structures has lines drawn on it or do you add them, this could be really helpful to keep things square, what thickness do you buy it in and is bought somewhere thats available in the States? Your creative process is really great are you working from a pic or just winging it? Thanks so much Pat.

belg
Fireman

Posted - 07/24/2005 :  07:28:23 AM  Show Profile
Terry, I really like your progress and was hoping you could tell me where have I seen the pipe finish before I think it was one of yours as well, a factory of some sort wasn't it. The material you use to make the structures has lines drawn on it or do you add them, this could be really helpful to keep things square, what thickness do you buy it in and is bought somewhere thats available in the States? Your creative process is really great are you working from a pic or just winging it? Thanks so much Pat.

teejay
Fireman

Posted - 07/24/2005 :  11:21:56 AM  Show Profile
Pat , I guess you could describe this as a 'scratchbuilders kit ' , if there is such a thing .

This is developed by Dean Freytag in conjunction with Plastruct . You get a box full of Plastruct product with some instructions by Dean . With all due respect to Dean , they aren't very well written IMO . The beauty of it is , you can take all the various pieces of styrene and build whatever you want . I'm sticking to the basic plan with my sintering plant but with the steel mill building , I did my own thing . ( that is the first picture on the left of the box )

I haven't seen the sintering plant for sale anywhere yet . I phoned Dean and he had Plastruct send it to Karl O's , where I picked it up .

I scribed the lines in the styrene walls , using a Mastercraft knife after clamping the styrene to the workbench as it is very slippery .

Terry

teejay
Fireman

Posted - 07/24/2005 :  11:21:56 AM  Show Profile
Pat , I guess you could describe this as a 'scratchbuilders kit ' , if there is such a thing .

This is developed by Dean Freytag in conjunction with Plastruct . You get a box full of Plastruct product with some instructions by Dean . With all due respect to Dean , they aren't very well written IMO . The beauty of it is , you can take all the various pieces of styrene and build whatever you want . I'm sticking to the basic plan with my sintering plant but with the steel mill building , I did my own thing . ( that is the first picture on the left of the box )

I haven't seen the sintering plant for sale anywhere yet . I phoned Dean and he had Plastruct send it to Karl O's , where I picked it up .

I scribed the lines in the styrene walls , using a Mastercraft knife after clamping the styrene to the workbench as it is very slippery .

Terry

Drew
Fireman

Posted - 07/24/2005 :  11:57:02 AM  Show Profile
Hi Terry!
Your sintering plant is looking great!!
Also, that kit you have looks like a kitbasher's delight!
Can't wait to see what you come up with!

-Drew-

"Life is all the stuff that happened while you were making other plans."

Drew
Fireman

Posted - 07/24/2005 :  11:57:02 AM  Show Profile
Hi Terry!
Your sintering plant is looking great!!
Also, that kit you have looks like a kitbasher's delight!
Can't wait to see what you come up with!

-Drew-

"Life is all the stuff that happened while you were making other plans."

Dutchman
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 07/24/2005 :  12:37:34 PM  Show Profile
Terry, the sintering plant looks great. I didn't know about that Plastruct kit. Is is made of styrene or ABS plastic? (Can you use styrene cement is my real question.)

Bruce

Dutchman
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 07/24/2005 :  12:37:34 PM  Show Profile
Terry, the sintering plant looks great. I didn't know about that Plastruct kit. Is is made of styrene or ABS plastic? (Can you use styrene cement is my real question.)

Bruce

Tyson Rayles

Premium Member

Posted - 07/24/2005 :  6:38:25 PM  Show Profile
Neat looking kit Terry and it looks like you are doing great things with it!

Page: of 5 Previous Topic: Nantahala Mining & Transportation Co. Topic Next Topic: Another page added to the scrapbook!  
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Topic Locked | 
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-2020 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 0.7 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000