Railroad Line Forums - Teejay's OTHER Mini
Railroad Line Forums
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Sponsors   Support the RRLine   Guestbook   FAQ     Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Live Chat | Avatar Legend | Search | Statistics
Photo Album | File Lister | File Library
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 111 ]  [ Total: 111 ]  [ Newest Member: rkovvur ]
 All Forums
 Model Railroad Forums
 Micro & Mini Layouts
 Teejay's OTHER Mini
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Topic Locked | 
Author Previous Topic: Nantahala Mining & Transportation Co. Topic Next Topic: Another page added to the scrapbook!
Page: of 5

Tyson Rayles

Premium Member

Posted - 03/24/2005 :  6:02:29 PM  Show Profile
Very interesting site Jack, thanks for the link!

shortliner
Crew Chief

Posted - 03/25/2005 :  11:23:52 AM  Show Profile
No problem - we're here to help!

shortliner
Crew Chief

Posted - 03/25/2005 :  11:23:52 AM  Show Profile
No problem - we're here to help!

teejay
Fireman

Posted - 07/12/2005 :  8:52:45 PM  Show Profile
Thought I'd better do a little work on the Club Module / Mini . The modules total 16sq.ft. ( 8x2 ) and will feature a sintering plant . Since I'm using a false front design , it will get the idea across in only about 1/3 the space . The plant is scratchbuilt completely from styrene and I just took it to the club for a trial fit . Everything looks in place so far . There is much ductwork to be added to the trestle as well as a large chimney and many other details . The dormer is taped in place for a test fit .

The styrene ' brick sheet ' needs a lot of attention as does the backdrop ...all in due course !

Terry

teejay
Fireman

Posted - 07/12/2005 :  8:52:45 PM  Show Profile
Thought I'd better do a little work on the Club Module / Mini . The modules total 16sq.ft. ( 8x2 ) and will feature a sintering plant . Since I'm using a false front design , it will get the idea across in only about 1/3 the space . The plant is scratchbuilt completely from styrene and I just took it to the club for a trial fit . Everything looks in place so far . There is much ductwork to be added to the trestle as well as a large chimney and many other details . The dormer is taped in place for a test fit .

The styrene ' brick sheet ' needs a lot of attention as does the backdrop ...all in due course !

Terry

Drew
Fireman

Posted - 07/12/2005 :  9:03:04 PM  Show Profile
Very nice, Terry!

That's a very impressive looking structure!

-Drew-

"Life is all the stuff that happened while you were making other plans."

Drew
Fireman

Posted - 07/12/2005 :  9:03:04 PM  Show Profile
Very nice, Terry!

That's a very impressive looking structure!

-Drew-

"Life is all the stuff that happened while you were making other plans."

George D

Premium Member

Posted - 07/12/2005 :  9:48:56 PM  Show Profile
Terry,

I guess I'll expose my ignorance once again - what's a sintering plant? It looks like a pretty big structure. What size is it? It'll be interesting to see how it turns out.

George

George D

Premium Member

Posted - 07/12/2005 :  9:48:56 PM  Show Profile
Terry,

I guess I'll expose my ignorance once again - what's a sintering plant? It looks like a pretty big structure. What size is it? It'll be interesting to see how it turns out.

George

teejay
Fireman

Posted - 07/12/2005 :  10:16:35 PM  Show Profile
George and All ,

Sintering is a process that takes a useful substance that is in an unusable form , mixes it with another product and produces a usable form of the original product .
For instance , if you had something in powdered form , you might get the maximum benefit out of that powder by mixing it with something with more mass . The ' powder ' becomes a usable 'clump' for another process .
Is everyone still awake ?
Boring stuff , I guess , but the process is used in steel production among other things .
The plant is about 2 feet long , 6" deep and a foot high , and is HO scale .
T

Edited by - teejay on 07/12/2005 10:19:57 PM

teejay
Fireman

Posted - 07/12/2005 :  10:16:35 PM  Show Profile
George and All ,

Sintering is a process that takes a useful substance that is in an unusable form , mixes it with another product and produces a usable form of the original product .
For instance , if you had something in powdered form , you might get the maximum benefit out of that powder by mixing it with something with more mass . The ' powder ' becomes a usable 'clump' for another process .
Is everyone still awake ?
Boring stuff , I guess , but the process is used in steel production among other things .
The plant is about 2 feet long , 6" deep and a foot high , and is HO scale .
T

Edited by - teejay on 07/12/2005 10:19:57 PM

Tyson Rayles

Premium Member

Posted - 07/13/2005 :  07:16:34 AM  Show Profile
Looking good Terry, as Drew said that is going to be a impressive structure.

Tyson Rayles

Premium Member

Posted - 07/13/2005 :  07:16:34 AM  Show Profile
Looking good Terry, as Drew said that is going to be a impressive structure.

teejay
Fireman

Posted - 07/23/2005 :  2:31:47 PM  Show Profile
Well it's coming along ( but then so is Christmas ) ..I took the plant into the Modular Club to test fit on the module . I reduced the size of the trestle a bit for a better fit , added the duct work , downcomer ( curved piping ) , blower ( white square item ) and the duct that is on an angle that will be connected to a tall round chimney .
Things are lining up OK at this point . There will be chutes under the ductwork to drop the sintered product into waiting gons underneath the trestle ....lots of details and weathering to add .

Terry

The curved pieces of styrene on the ducting ( grey ) was formed from flat styrene curved and glued using ACC .

Terry

Edited by - teejay on 07/23/2005 2:32:34 PM

teejay
Fireman

Posted - 07/23/2005 :  2:31:47 PM  Show Profile
Well it's coming along ( but then so is Christmas ) ..I took the plant into the Modular Club to test fit on the module . I reduced the size of the trestle a bit for a better fit , added the duct work , downcomer ( curved piping ) , blower ( white square item ) and the duct that is on an angle that will be connected to a tall round chimney .
Things are lining up OK at this point . There will be chutes under the ductwork to drop the sintered product into waiting gons underneath the trestle ....lots of details and weathering to add .

Terry

The curved pieces of styrene on the ducting ( grey ) was formed from flat styrene curved and glued using ACC .

Terry

Edited by - teejay on 07/23/2005 2:32:34 PM

Page: of 5 Previous Topic: Nantahala Mining & Transportation Co. Topic Next Topic: Another page added to the scrapbook!  
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Topic Locked | 
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-19 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 0.69 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000