Railroad Line Forums - I´d like some comments...
Railroad Line Forums
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Sponsors   Support the RRLine   Guestbook   FAQ     Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Live Chat | Avatar Legend | Search | Statistics
Photo Album | File Lister | File Library
[ Active Members: 1 | Anonymous Members: 1 | Guests: 107 ]  [ Total: 109 ]  [ Newest Member: johnbell238@aol.com ]
 All Forums
 Model Railroad Forums
 Small Scale Model Railroad Forum
 I´d like some comments...
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Topic Locked | 
Author Previous Topic: Finally The CVR goes public Topic Next Topic: N-scale project
Page: of 5

svenskN
New Hire

Posted - 03/14/2005 :  12:00:33 PM  Show Profile
Lucky me!

I´ve got just such a key...

On both my keyboards!
öööööööööööööööööööööööööööööööööööööööö
He He!!

M.V.H Björn

Cowcatcher
Fireman

Posted - 03/14/2005 :  3:25:41 PM  Show Profile  Visit Cowcatcher's Homepage
Bjorn,

Great job on the modeling and the photos and welcome. I might note that in a couple of days your post has gotten more traffic her than most so not only welcome but thanks for your participation and offering such a fine contribution. Please offer more in the future.

Cowcatcher
Fireman

Posted - 03/14/2005 :  3:25:41 PM  Show Profile  Visit Cowcatcher's Homepage
Bjorn,

Great job on the modeling and the photos and welcome. I might note that in a couple of days your post has gotten more traffic her than most so not only welcome but thanks for your participation and offering such a fine contribution. Please offer more in the future.

svenskN
New Hire

Posted - 03/14/2005 :  5:00:57 PM  Show Profile
Thanks again everyone for your kind remarks!

I´m kind of a slow builder that likes to put a lot of care in models and landscaping.That sometimes makes me, lets say less effective but one way to get inspiration is to put out earlier work and hope for appreciation.That can work similiar to a jumpstart (that is the term to start a car with the help of another,or isn´t it?).

However I got jumpstarted with inspiration and hope to come back with some work in a reasonable short timeframe,though I make no promises!

Back to question-answering:

I try to use as many landscaping materials as possible.That´s because the nature seldom has the same green color everywhere for example.
You can often use very odd colors if you use them with some care and try to blend them in with the others.I try to mix many shades of color and are careful with sharp boundries between materials and different shades.Normally there is only manmade things that have sharp boundries.
Some of the materials have I found in the nature but amongst bought landscape material you can find WS and German Heki and a friend of mine have just recieved a batch of trees from a dutch farmer that cultivates(?)Scenic express "super trees" that I have high hopes about.Otherwise the most hard and timeconsuming thing to make is pine(?)wood like this (which so far is my best method even though I have improved this method since the picture was taken)

Otherwise I look for materials everywhere I go.
Like in stores,in the woods and so on.I dont know if there is a mental illness thats called modelrailroadmania,but if there is, I´ve got it!
But on the other hand,maybe it is a blessing!

Oh! suddenly I remember I use a bush called "Spirea" in latin that is pretty useful for treemaking! I dont know if it is possible to find in America but there are quiet a large number of different sorts of it.Some of them have very nice sculptured flower-(dont know the word but several small flowers tight together)that on some sorts look pretty good.You can see the silhouett of one in the second picture far to the left side.

I hope that answers some of your questions!

Kind regards from Bjorn! or was it Björn?

Sorry about the long reply.

Edited by - svenskN on 03/14/2005 5:05:19 PM

svenskN
New Hire

Posted - 03/14/2005 :  5:00:57 PM  Show Profile
Thanks again everyone for your kind remarks!

I´m kind of a slow builder that likes to put a lot of care in models and landscaping.That sometimes makes me, lets say less effective but one way to get inspiration is to put out earlier work and hope for appreciation.That can work similiar to a jumpstart (that is the term to start a car with the help of another,or isn´t it?).

However I got jumpstarted with inspiration and hope to come back with some work in a reasonable short timeframe,though I make no promises!

Back to question-answering:

I try to use as many landscaping materials as possible.That´s because the nature seldom has the same green color everywhere for example.
You can often use very odd colors if you use them with some care and try to blend them in with the others.I try to mix many shades of color and are careful with sharp boundries between materials and different shades.Normally there is only manmade things that have sharp boundries.
Some of the materials have I found in the nature but amongst bought landscape material you can find WS and German Heki and a friend of mine have just recieved a batch of trees from a dutch farmer that cultivates(?)Scenic express "super trees" that I have high hopes about.Otherwise the most hard and timeconsuming thing to make is pine(?)wood like this (which so far is my best method even though I have improved this method since the picture was taken)

Otherwise I look for materials everywhere I go.
Like in stores,in the woods and so on.I dont know if there is a mental illness thats called modelrailroadmania,but if there is, I´ve got it!
But on the other hand,maybe it is a blessing!

Oh! suddenly I remember I use a bush called "Spirea" in latin that is pretty useful for treemaking! I dont know if it is possible to find in America but there are quiet a large number of different sorts of it.Some of them have very nice sculptured flower-(dont know the word but several small flowers tight together)that on some sorts look pretty good.You can see the silhouett of one in the second picture far to the left side.

I hope that answers some of your questions!

Kind regards from Bjorn! or was it Björn?

Sorry about the long reply.

Edited by - svenskN on 03/14/2005 5:05:19 PM

Catt
Fireman

Posted - 03/14/2005 :  5:49:15 PM  Show Profile  Visit Catt's Homepage
Björn,
don't let Tyson fool ya there at least 4 N scalers on this form.

Aside from that,this N scaler would like to welcome you to this forum and also tell you I think your scenery modeling is awesome.

Johnathan (Catt) Edwards
100% Michigan made

Catt
Fireman

Posted - 03/14/2005 :  5:49:15 PM  Show Profile  Visit Catt's Homepage
Björn,
don't let Tyson fool ya there at least 4 N scalers on this form.

Aside from that,this N scaler would like to welcome you to this forum and also tell you I think your scenery modeling is awesome.

Johnathan (Catt) Edwards
100% Michigan made

Tyson Rayles

Premium Member

Posted - 03/14/2005 :  6:32:34 PM  Show Profile
Björn, aha!!!!!!!! Duh, a simple cut and paste also works. Catt you chime in here so infrequently (hint, hint), I forgot about you . Björn please be sure to be a regular here as your modeling and photography are very nice.

Tyson Rayles

Premium Member

Posted - 03/14/2005 :  6:32:34 PM  Show Profile
Björn, aha!!!!!!!! Duh, a simple cut and paste also works. Catt you chime in here so infrequently (hint, hint), I forgot about you . Björn please be sure to be a regular here as your modeling and photography are very nice.

slimrails

Premium Member

Posted - 03/14/2005 :  6:48:25 PM  Show Profile  Visit slimrails's Homepage
Hey, Björn...

Welcome to the forum! All of these guys are falling all over themselves because you model N-scale...I noticed that you model electric locomotives! Yours looks like a double-cab unit. Enough about N-scale and modules. Tell me more about the locomotive and electric railroads in Sweden! Looks GREAT, Björn!!

Russ

slimrails

Premium Member

Posted - 03/14/2005 :  6:48:25 PM  Show Profile  Visit slimrails's Homepage
Hey, Björn...

Welcome to the forum! All of these guys are falling all over themselves because you model N-scale...I noticed that you model electric locomotives! Yours looks like a double-cab unit. Enough about N-scale and modules. Tell me more about the locomotive and electric railroads in Sweden! Looks GREAT, Björn!!

Russ

Peterpools
Engineer

Posted - 03/14/2005 :  8:42:30 PM  Show Profile  Visit Peterpools's Homepage
Welcome
Thanks for posting some great N scale photographs. Nice to see other scales presented and enjoy the challenges they present.

Peterpools
Engineer

Posted - 03/14/2005 :  8:42:30 PM  Show Profile  Visit Peterpools's Homepage
Welcome
Thanks for posting some great N scale photographs. Nice to see other scales presented and enjoy the challenges they present.

svenskN
New Hire

Posted - 03/28/2005 :  11:15:38 AM  Show Profile
I´m sorry that I haven´t answered your question earlier about the locos of the swedish railroads.

To start with the dual-cab electric locomotive.
It´s built by ASEA before merging with Brown-Bovery.It´s the base of the AMTRAK (AEM7), MARC och SEPTA (ALP44).These are of course built slightly different because of those companies specifications.I dont know if it´s true but I´ve heard that the first demo-locomotive that visited America got the knickname "The mighty mouse" or something like that because it is so little but yet very powerful.I think there is about 340 locos that exists in Sweden.There are more varieties of dual-cab electic locos but the one you can see on my picture are by far the most common today.

Most of swedish mainlines are electrified but there are still many branschlines that aren´t.
When it comes to diesel-locos most of the swedish are singel-cabs because they are mainly used for shunting or shunting and some service along branschlines.Therefore they choose to use singel-cabs.

Here is a link to a page (unfortunately for you in swedish)that have all swedish locos listed.
http://www.jarnvag.net/lokguide/
Under the word "Lokguide" you find the word "välj" which means choose.Click the downarrow and choose amongst the locos under the red texts and you can see pictures of most of them.

Kind regards
Björn

If there is some loco you wish to know more about I could try to translate som facts if you wish.

svenskN
New Hire

Posted - 03/28/2005 :  11:15:38 AM  Show Profile
I´m sorry that I haven´t answered your question earlier about the locos of the swedish railroads.

To start with the dual-cab electric locomotive.
It´s built by ASEA before merging with Brown-Bovery.It´s the base of the AMTRAK (AEM7), MARC och SEPTA (ALP44).These are of course built slightly different because of those companies specifications.I dont know if it´s true but I´ve heard that the first demo-locomotive that visited America got the knickname "The mighty mouse" or something like that because it is so little but yet very powerful.I think there is about 340 locos that exists in Sweden.There are more varieties of dual-cab electic locos but the one you can see on my picture are by far the most common today.

Most of swedish mainlines are electrified but there are still many branschlines that aren´t.
When it comes to diesel-locos most of the swedish are singel-cabs because they are mainly used for shunting or shunting and some service along branschlines.Therefore they choose to use singel-cabs.

Here is a link to a page (unfortunately for you in swedish)that have all swedish locos listed.
http://www.jarnvag.net/lokguide/
Under the word "Lokguide" you find the word "välj" which means choose.Click the downarrow and choose amongst the locos under the red texts and you can see pictures of most of them.

Kind regards
Björn

If there is some loco you wish to know more about I could try to translate som facts if you wish.

Page: of 5 Previous Topic: Finally The CVR goes public Topic Next Topic: N-scale project  
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Topic Locked | 
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-2020 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 0.52 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000