Railroad Line Forums - I´d like some comments...
Railroad Line Forums
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Sponsors   Support the RRLine   Guestbook   FAQ     Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Live Chat | Avatar Legend | Search | Statistics
Photo Album | File Lister | File Library
[ Active Members: 7 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 68 ]  [ Total: 75 ]  [ Newest Member: dtrocket ]
 All Forums
 Model Railroad Forums
 Small Scale Model Railroad Forum
 I´d like some comments...
Next Page
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Topic Locked | 
Author Previous Topic: Finally The CVR goes public Topic Next Topic: N-scale project
Page: of 5

svenskN
New Hire

Posted - 03/13/2005 :  2:27:41 PM  Show Profile
...about this one-trak modul!

It´s supposed to be a piece of swedish landscape so it might be a little bit different to what you are used to.

I´d like comments of both photography and landscape.

Kind regards from Sweden.

Tyson Rayles

Premium Member

Posted - 03/13/2005 :  2:40:59 PM  Show Profile
Very nice! Is it N or Z scale?

Tyson Rayles

Premium Member

Posted - 03/13/2005 :  2:40:59 PM  Show Profile
Very nice! Is it N or Z scale?

Dutchman
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 03/13/2005 :  3:19:08 PM  Show Profile
I haven't beent to Sweeden, but the scenery looks great. Does this module connect to others in a club?

Bruce

Dutchman
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 03/13/2005 :  3:19:08 PM  Show Profile
I haven't beent to Sweeden, but the scenery looks great. Does this module connect to others in a club?

Bruce

MikeC
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 03/13/2005 :  3:41:08 PM  Show Profile
It's beautifully done, svenskN! The scenes are very convincing! If it hadn't been for the trains, I might have thought the scenery was that of the Midwest here in the USA. The photography is also quite good, although the second photo appears to be slightly out of focus and is too dark to make out many details.

Tyson, I think it's N scale. (Check Sven's username. )

Sven, does your oNe-Trak module connect to others?

MikeC
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 03/13/2005 :  3:41:08 PM  Show Profile
It's beautifully done, svenskN! The scenes are very convincing! If it hadn't been for the trains, I might have thought the scenery was that of the Midwest here in the USA. The photography is also quite good, although the second photo appears to be slightly out of focus and is too dark to make out many details.

Tyson, I think it's N scale. (Check Sven's username. )

Sven, does your oNe-Trak module connect to others?

Bbags
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 03/13/2005 :  4:05:34 PM  Show Profile
Hi
Welcome to Railroad-Line.
I like the module a lot and the third photo is my favorite.
You have very nicely combined the background of the module with the real life scenery.
I assume that you are from Sweden even though you do not list a country.
Is model railroading popular over in your country and since this is a module do you belong to a club so that you can combine yours with others.

John Bagley
Modeling the Alaska Railroad in HO in Wildwood Georgia.

Edited by - Bbags on 03/13/2005 4:07:01 PM

Bbags
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 03/13/2005 :  4:05:34 PM  Show Profile
Hi
Welcome to Railroad-Line.
I like the module a lot and the third photo is my favorite.
You have very nicely combined the background of the module with the real life scenery.
I assume that you are from Sweden even though you do not list a country.
Is model railroading popular over in your country and since this is a module do you belong to a club so that you can combine yours with others.

John Bagley
Modeling the Alaska Railroad in HO in Wildwood Georgia.

Edited by - Bbags on 03/13/2005 4:07:01 PM

JBL
Engine Wiper

Premium Member

Posted - 03/13/2005 :  4:34:04 PM  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by svenskN

Superb! Both, modeling and photography.

I wonder how big the oNetrak-community is in sweden? I am in modular modelrailroading too, but H0-scale. Perhaps you have heard of FREMO?

JBL
Engine Wiper

Premium Member

Posted - 03/13/2005 :  4:34:04 PM  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by svenskN

Superb! Both, modeling and photography.

I wonder how big the oNetrak-community is in sweden? I am in modular modelrailroading too, but H0-scale. Perhaps you have heard of FREMO?

Eddie Landreth
Fireman

Posted - 03/13/2005 :  5:00:44 PM  Show Profile
Very nice, indeed! You merged the module into the background objects very well. Excellent work!

Eddie Landreth
Fireman

Posted - 03/13/2005 :  5:00:44 PM  Show Profile
Very nice, indeed! You merged the module into the background objects very well. Excellent work!

svenskN
New Hire

Posted - 03/13/2005 :  6:08:43 PM  Show Profile
Thanks for your kind comments!
And thank you John for the welcoming!

I´ll try to answer your questions.

It´s N-scale as suggested in my username(as MikeC observent found out).
My name though isn´t Sven but Björn!
My username means swedishN but also something like The swede.

The one-trak community here isn´t that big.
I belong to one out of two clubs and both have America as their prototype.So in other words,yes i connect my five onetrak modules to others.

Model railroading is not that popular since there is so many other hobbies to compete with together with the fact that Sweden is a little country so there isn´t that much true to Sweden material that is produced by the big producers.
Therefore I think that many people dont recognize the trains and dont begin to buy models.

FREMO is wellknown here in Sweden but there is another standard in HO that is bigger here I think (Västerås-moduler).In our neighbour-country Norway is FREMO much bigger.In my opinion it seems to be a pretty solid standard.
In Swedish N-scale I think rather many choose FREMO-standards because they think it suits the Swedish prototype better.

Despite differenses in standards our club will try to summon N-scale modelers here in Scandinavia to a meeting sometime during late summer.I hope that it will be a success.

I hope you all can understand what I tried to answer with my probably rather poor English- writing.

Kind regards Björn

P.S Here is another photo:

Edited by - svenskN on 03/13/2005 6:15:12 PM

svenskN
New Hire

Posted - 03/13/2005 :  6:08:43 PM  Show Profile
Thanks for your kind comments!
And thank you John for the welcoming!

I´ll try to answer your questions.

It´s N-scale as suggested in my username(as MikeC observent found out).
My name though isn´t Sven but Björn!
My username means swedishN but also something like The swede.

The one-trak community here isn´t that big.
I belong to one out of two clubs and both have America as their prototype.So in other words,yes i connect my five onetrak modules to others.

Model railroading is not that popular since there is so many other hobbies to compete with together with the fact that Sweden is a little country so there isn´t that much true to Sweden material that is produced by the big producers.
Therefore I think that many people dont recognize the trains and dont begin to buy models.

FREMO is wellknown here in Sweden but there is another standard in HO that is bigger here I think (Västerås-moduler).In our neighbour-country Norway is FREMO much bigger.In my opinion it seems to be a pretty solid standard.
In Swedish N-scale I think rather many choose FREMO-standards because they think it suits the Swedish prototype better.

Despite differenses in standards our club will try to summon N-scale modelers here in Scandinavia to a meeting sometime during late summer.I hope that it will be a success.

I hope you all can understand what I tried to answer with my probably rather poor English- writing.

Kind regards Björn

P.S Here is another photo:

Edited by - svenskN on 03/13/2005 6:15:12 PM

Tyson Rayles

Premium Member

Posted - 03/13/2005 :  6:28:56 PM  Show Profile
It's nice to have another N-scaler here Bjorn ( sorry can't figure out how to get the extra dots over the o), lets see........ you, me and all the other N-scalers here would equal a total number of ....hmmmm.....oh yeah! Two! Maybe this will start a trend! Again great work and pics and welcome to RR-Line!

Page: of 5 Previous Topic: Finally The CVR goes public Topic Next Topic: N-scale project  
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Topic Locked | 
Next Page
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-19 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 0.38 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000