Railroad Line Forums - THE GALLERY: March 2005 - Just Show Me The Details
Railroad Line Forums
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Sponsors   Support the RRLine   Guestbook   FAQ     Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Live Chat | Avatar Legend | Search | Statistics
Photo Album | File Lister | File Library
[ Active Members: 1 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 89 ]  [ Total: 90 ]  [ Newest Member: Dakkon ]
 All Forums
 Model Railroad Forums
 Railroad Photography Forum
 THE GALLERY: March 2005 - Just Show Me The Details
Next Page
 New Topic |   Topic Locked | 
Author Previous Topic: Nikon Coolpix 8700 Topic Next Topic: Ring Around The Rosie
Page: of 41

Dutchman
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 03/01/2005 :  06:04:47 AM  Show Profile
Alright fellow modelers and photo enthusiasts, it is March 1st, and time for a new theme for the Gallery.

Now I know that there are those among us who long for the aroma of those resin castings, get their kicks from cleaning flash off of white metal barrels, and search the Internet for yet another source of that hard-to-find detail item. So, let us spend the month sharing pictures that show off all those wonderful details in settings on the the diorama or layout.

For those who like to detail their rolling stock and locomotives, feel free to join right in. If you have a prototype picture that shows a great collection of clutter around a shed, yard, or depot, feel free to post that also. It might help one of our members get a great modeling idea. If you know the source of the detail items you are highlighting, tell us. You know members will wonder where you got that casting of the old fashioned pump, toilet, or washing machine.

As always, please adhere to the following posting requirements: photo files should be no more than 80kb @ 72ppi in size - even if downloading from a remote server or website - and can be no more than 7 inches in width (to prevent viewers from having to scroll back and forth to see the entire photo or read text on the same page).

Photo submissions not meeting the above requirements will be resized by the Moderator.

So, let the posting begin. This month's Gallery could become a great modeling resource for members well into the future.

Edited by - Dutchman on 03/03/2005 2:50:54 PM

TomPM
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 03/01/2005 :  11:24:02 AM  Show Profile  Visit TomPM's Homepage  Send TomPM a Yahoo! Message
OK I guess I'll fire the first salvo this month. These are a couple of quick ones from the IHC Lehigh & New England 0-8-0 switcher I worked on a few months back. A few details I added was changing the number from 135 to 132 using Walthers decals for a LNE steam locomotive. I also added an engineer and fireman. Both are from Woodland Scenics Engineers. I added a shovel from Scale Structures. The coal that was added to the tender is from Woodland Scenics. Almost forgot the window glazing is clear styrene from Evergreen Scale Models.

Tom
Jack of All Trades Master of None
Ridley Keystone & Mountain Railroad
My Rail Images Gallery
NARA Member #100

Edited by - TomPM on 03/01/2005 11:27:14 AM

TomPM
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 03/01/2005 :  11:24:02 AM  Show Profile  Visit TomPM's Homepage  Send TomPM a Yahoo! Message
OK I guess I'll fire the first salvo this month. These are a couple of quick ones from the IHC Lehigh & New England 0-8-0 switcher I worked on a few months back. A few details I added was changing the number from 135 to 132 using Walthers decals for a LNE steam locomotive. I also added an engineer and fireman. Both are from Woodland Scenics Engineers. I added a shovel from Scale Structures. The coal that was added to the tender is from Woodland Scenics. Almost forgot the window glazing is clear styrene from Evergreen Scale Models.

Tom
My Rail Images Gallery
NARA Member #100

Edited by - TomPM on 03/01/2005 11:27:14 AM

MikeC
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 03/01/2005 :  1:51:27 PM  Show Profile
Neat, Tom. I always enjoy seeing how you paint, weather, letter, and detail your various locos.

----------------------------------

Here is the top of the fuel bunker of my CM&S Shay. It looked like a good spot to mount a water pump, hose, and reel, as well as some other junk. I built this several years ago from a 1984 vintage MDC 2-truck Shay kit, and I honestly do not remember who made the detail parts I added. I think it's likely, however, that the chain is from Builders in Scale. And I do know that the water puddle is actually a small puddle of ACC that I placed at the end of the hose and let dry.

MikeC
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 03/01/2005 :  1:51:27 PM  Show Profile
Neat, Tom. I always enjoy seeing how you paint, weather, letter, and detail your various locos.

----------------------------------

Here is the top of the fuel bunker of my CM&S Shay. It looked like a good spot to mount a water pump, hose, and reel, as well as some other junk. I built this several years ago from a 1984 vintage MDC 2-truck Shay kit, and I honestly do not remember who made the detail parts I added. I think it's likely, however, that the chain is from Builders in Scale. And I do know that the water puddle is actually a small puddle of ACC that I placed at the end of the hose and let dry.

Gerry
Engine Wiper

Posted - 03/01/2005 :  2:00:44 PM  Show Profile  Visit Gerry's Homepage
Here's a quickie: a tight shot of the loading dock at the Bicktul Company in LaPointe, on my layout.

Pallets are, I believe, AM Models and drums could be anybody's...

Gerry (MMR #346)

Gerry
Engine Wiper

Posted - 03/01/2005 :  2:00:44 PM  Show Profile  Visit Gerry's Homepage
Here's a quickie: a tight shot of the loading dock at the Bicktul Company in LaPointe, on my layout.

Pallets are, I believe, AM Models and drums could be anybody's...

Gerry (MMR #346)

Dutchman
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 03/01/2005 :  7:36:21 PM  Show Profile
Tom, Mike & Gerry, great shots. That is just what I had in mind! Gerry, I know what you mean about the drums. With the exception of those by Campbell, I would have trouble identifying the source of mine

Dutchman
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 03/01/2005 :  7:36:21 PM  Show Profile
Tom, Mike & Gerry, great shots. That is just what I had in mind! Gerry, I know what you mean about the drums. With the exception of those by Campbell, I would have trouble identifying the source of mine

TomPM
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 03/01/2005 :  8:11:40 PM  Show Profile  Visit TomPM's Homepage  Send TomPM a Yahoo! Message
Mike
Your details for the shay look awesome. I would have never thought to use ACC that way.

Gerry
Incredible looking loading dock!

Tom
My Rail Images Gallery
NARA Member #100

TomPM
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 03/01/2005 :  8:11:40 PM  Show Profile  Visit TomPM's Homepage  Send TomPM a Yahoo! Message
Mike
Your details for the shay look awesome. I would have never thought to use ACC that way.

Gerry
Incredible looking loading dock!

Tom
My Rail Images Gallery
NARA Member #100

Marken
Fireman

Posted - 03/01/2005 :  9:24:27 PM  Show Profile
Great start everyone

In memory of Mike Chambers

Marken
Fireman

Posted - 03/01/2005 :  9:24:27 PM  Show Profile
Great start everyone

In memory of Mike Chambers

Dutchman
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 03/01/2005 :  9:29:17 PM  Show Profile
Ken,
Nice scene. What did you use to make the pipes?

Dutchman
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 03/01/2005 :  9:29:17 PM  Show Profile
Ken,
Nice scene. What did you use to make the pipes?

Dutchman
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 03/01/2005 :  10:20:27 PM  Show Profile

The junk pile in the rear is a Sylvan Scale Models resin casting. I think that the 55 gal. drum is from Campbell, the wooden barrel is a dental stone casting from MicroScale Models, and the cinder blocks are from F&C.

Page: of 41 Previous Topic: Nikon Coolpix 8700 Topic Next Topic: Ring Around The Rosie  
 New Topic |   Topic Locked | 
Next Page
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-19 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 1.03 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000