Railroad Line Forums - It's Not So Dark on This Side
Railroad Line Forums
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Sponsors   Support the RRLine   Guestbook   FAQ     Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Live Chat | Avatar Legend | Search | Statistics
Photo Album | File Lister | File Library
[ Active Members: 1 | Anonymous Members: 1 | Guests: 110 ]  [ Total: 112 ]  [ Newest Member: johnbell238@aol.com ]
 All Forums
 Model Railroad Forums
 Small Scale Model Railroad Forum
 It's Not So Dark on This Side
Next Page
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Topic Locked | 
Author Previous Topic: MT Engine Coupler Conversions Topic Next Topic: Ted Brandons Nn3 Rio Verde and Western Railroad
Page: of 4

MikeC
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 12/16/2004 :  10:30:28 AM  Show Profile
Well, I did it. I broke down yesterday and bought a cheap Lifelike N scale train set! It came with a little oval of track, an 0-4-0T switcher and three cars, a power pack in a plastic case, a couple of shiny plastic buildings that have to be assembled, three hokey looking little trees, and a bag full of crossing signs and utilitiy poles. All for the grand sum of $54.

I set it up on a library table in the living room, plugged it in, and I'm having fun! It just goes round and round and round, and I don't care! Heck, I think I may just glue those buildings together and not even paint them. Of course, I could always go buy a small station to go with them... and maybe a piece or two of flex track to expand the oval.... but it's supposed to be a Christmas thing, so I should go to Walmart and get some of that white cottony fake snow stuff with the glitter and put it down under the buildings and track... and I saw a set of Kato Christmas cars at the hobby shop... and, hey, I'm having fun!

It's not such a dark side after all.

Gerry
Engine Wiper

Posted - 12/16/2004 :  10:58:11 AM  Show Profile  Visit Gerry's Homepage
MIKE!

Use the FORCE...!

"Mike... I am your engine!"

USE THE FORCE!!!

Gerry (MMR #346)

Gerry
Engine Wiper

Posted - 12/16/2004 :  10:58:11 AM  Show Profile  Visit Gerry's Homepage
MIKE!

Use the FORCE...!

"Mike... I am your engine!"

USE THE FORCE!!!

Gerry (MMR #346)

Tyson Rayles

Premium Member

Posted - 12/16/2004 :  2:16:07 PM  Show Profile
Hmmmmm, maybe there is hope for Mike after all! Glad to see you are seeing the light Mike, now to get you to build your first mini-layout!

Tyson Rayles

Premium Member

Posted - 12/16/2004 :  2:16:07 PM  Show Profile
Hmmmmm, maybe there is hope for Mike after all! Glad to see you are seeing the light Mike, now to get you to build your first mini-layout!

George D

Premium Member

Posted - 12/16/2004 :  2:46:45 PM  Show Profile
Next thing ya know, Mike's gonna be posting pictures of his N scale work in a subversive attempt to convert HO scale modelers in that direction. Sorry Mike, it won't work here - my eyes are too old for that small stuff.

George

George D

Premium Member

Posted - 12/16/2004 :  2:46:45 PM  Show Profile
Next thing ya know, Mike's gonna be posting pictures of his N scale work in a subversive attempt to convert HO scale modelers in that direction. Sorry Mike, it won't work here - my eyes are too old for that small stuff.

George

MikeC
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 12/16/2004 :  3:08:01 PM  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by George D

my eyes are too old for that small stuff.

George

So are mine, George. And on top of it, my fingers are too big and fumbly. So it's probably a good thing this little set will get put away after New Years with the rest of the Christmas stuff. But in the meantime....

MikeC
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 12/16/2004 :  3:08:01 PM  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by George D

my eyes are too old for that small stuff.

George

So are mine, George. And on top of it, my fingers are too big and fumbly. So it's probably a good thing this little set will get put away after New Years with the rest of the Christmas stuff. But in the meantime....

n/a
deleted

Posted - 12/16/2004 :  3:15:12 PM  Show Profile
AAArrrrghhh!!!........don't do it Mike!!....come back...walk towards the light! Even short term exposure can scar you permanently, let alone what evil thoughts this sicussion might put into the heads of more suceptible members....think of what this will do to all the hard work we've put in with John!

Marc

n/a
deleted

Posted - 12/16/2004 :  3:15:12 PM  Show Profile
AAArrrrghhh!!!........don't do it Mike!!....come back...walk towards the light! Even short term exposure can scar you permanently, let alone what evil thoughts this sicussion might put into the heads of more suceptible members....think of what this will do to all the hard work we've put in with John!

Marc

Rusty Stumps
Fireman

Posted - 12/16/2004 :  3:19:47 PM  Show Profile
Mike, may the LIGHT BULBS be with you!

Walt

In the Crossroads of America.

Rusty Stumps
Fireman

Posted - 12/16/2004 :  3:19:47 PM  Show Profile
Mike, may the LIGHT BULBS be with you!

Walt

In the Crossroads of America.

Rick
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 12/16/2004 :  6:59:54 PM  Show Profile
Marc, I thought we were trying to encourage Mike to go 1 scale size larger. I guess we're not doing a very good job of it.

Mike, wouldn't a larger train chugging around the base of your tree look better?

Rick
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 12/16/2004 :  6:59:54 PM  Show Profile
Marc, I thought we were trying to encourage Mike to go 1 scale size larger. I guess we're not doing a very good job of it.

Mike, wouldn't a larger train chugging around the base of your tree look better?

Bbags
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 12/16/2004 :  7:47:15 PM  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by marc_reusser

Marc

No need to worry Marc.
I am now thinking about getting some magnification for myself since I have been painting HO detail parts, so with these eyes when I make the jump it will definitely be to a larger scale.

John Bagley
Modeling the Alaska Railroad in HO in Wildwood Georgia.

Page: of 4 Previous Topic: MT Engine Coupler Conversions Topic Next Topic: Ted Brandons Nn3 Rio Verde and Western Railroad  
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Topic Locked | 
Next Page
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-2020 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 0.42 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000