Railroad Line Forums - THE GALLERY: Dec. 2004 - Model Railroading is Fun!
Railroad Line Forums
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Sponsors   Support the RRLine   Guestbook   FAQ     Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Live Chat | Avatar Legend | Search | Statistics
Photo Album | File Lister | File Library
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 98 ]  [ Total: 98 ]  [ Newest Member: rkovvur ]
 All Forums
 Model Railroad Forums
 Railroad Photography Forum
 THE GALLERY: Dec. 2004 - Model Railroading is Fun!
Next Page
 New Topic |   Topic Locked | 
Author Previous Topic: Proto locos in snow pix Topic Next Topic: 20 Car Train
Page: of 8

MikeC
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 12/01/2004 :  09:46:04 AM  Show Profile
Welcome to the December 2004 Model Photography Gallery! The theme for this month is a very traditional model railroad theme for the holiday season: Model Railroading is Fun!

As always, how you interpret the theme is up to you. So let's see your photos of model railroading fun.

TrevorCreek
Fireman

Posted - 12/01/2004 :  11:25:51 AM  Show Profile  Click to see TrevorCreek's MSN Messenger address
To All,

I guess that I will be the first to post. I decided to get an On30 Bachmann Christmas set for around the tree. Since my layout is no where to be seen, I at least have some place to run some equipment!!!

Frank

TrevorCreek
Fireman

Posted - 12/01/2004 :  11:25:51 AM  Show Profile  Click to see TrevorCreek's MSN Messenger address
To All,

I guess that I will be the first to post. I decided to get an On30 Bachmann Christmas set for around the tree. Since my layout is no where to be seen, I at least have some place to run some equipment!!!

Frank

teejay
Fireman

Posted - 12/01/2004 :  11:45:24 AM  Show Profile
That's the Christmas Spirit , Frank ! I think if I did the same , my Pugs would chase the train round and round the tree . Of course , that might be a VERY good reason for me to set one up !

TERRY

teejay
Fireman

Posted - 12/01/2004 :  11:45:24 AM  Show Profile
That's the Christmas Spirit , Frank ! I think if I did the same , my Pugs would chase the train round and round the tree . Of course , that might be a VERY good reason for me to set one up !

TERRY

TomPM
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 12/01/2004 :  4:44:39 PM  Show Profile  Visit TomPM's Homepage  Send TomPM a Yahoo! Message
Cool picture Frank!

Here is one from last Christmas. My on and daughter are trying out my son's new HO set.

Tom
Jack of All Trades Master of None
Ridley Keystone & Mountain Railroad
My Rail Images Gallery
NARA Member #100

TomPM
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 12/01/2004 :  4:44:39 PM  Show Profile  Visit TomPM's Homepage  Send TomPM a Yahoo! Message
Cool picture Frank!

Here is one from last Christmas. My on and daughter are trying out my son's new HO set.

Tom
Jack of All Trades Master of None
Ridley Keystone & Mountain Railroad
My Rail Images Gallery
NARA Member #100

wvrr
Fireman

Posted - 12/01/2004 :  5:03:23 PM  Show Profile  Visit wvrr's Homepage
Frank, Nice picture! I had to look hard for a train ornament on the tree, but there is at least one!

Tom, Looks like they are having fun!

Chuck

wvrr
Fireman

Posted - 12/01/2004 :  5:03:23 PM  Show Profile  Visit wvrr's Homepage
Frank, Nice picture! I had to look hard for a train ornament on the tree, but there is at least one!

Tom, Looks like they are having fun!

Chuck

Rusty Stumps
Fireman

Posted - 12/01/2004 :  5:14:57 PM  Show Profile
Well Frank, I can see a couple of what appear to be train ornaments on that tree. The stork carring the baby would scare me though! Also, is the ladder in the back to make it easier for the cat to scale the tree?

So Tom, how big is your son's layout this year?

Rusty Stumps
Fireman

Posted - 12/01/2004 :  5:14:57 PM  Show Profile
Well Frank, I can see a couple of what appear to be train ornaments on that tree. The stork carring the baby would scare me though! Also, is the ladder in the back to make it easier for the cat to scale the tree?

So Tom, how big is your son's layout this year?

Dutchman
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 12/02/2004 :  5:25:46 PM  Show Profile
In December 2000, both my father and I visited Northlandz (a huge HO train layout here in NJ) and it got us both back into the hobby. In each year since then, my father has built a "project layout" during the year. This picture shows parts of all four.

Since the grandkids were going to be home for Thanksgiving instead of Christmas this year, my father made sure that all trains were running that weekend.

That is my father in the far background (now 84), my son Craig, my grandkids Tyler and Devon (the older boy and the girl), and two grandnephews, John & Christopher.

The layout on the right was the first (2001), with three continuous HO loops on two levels. In the far left was the 2002 project, one long continuous N-scale loop (winter scene). The layout in the lower left was the 2003 project. It is HO, and has two separate loops. This year's project was the HO shelf layout. It has three tracks with auto-reverse circuits on them. All told, there were 9 trains running for the kids.

Here is a better picture of my father.

What does he have planned for 2005? Why a shelf layout on the right-hand side of the room, of course!

Dutchman
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 12/02/2004 :  5:25:46 PM  Show Profile
In December 2000, both my father and I visited Northlandz (a huge HO train layout here in NJ) and it got us both back into the hobby. In each year since then, my father has built a "project layout" during the year. This picture shows parts of all four.

Since the grandkids were going to be home for Thanksgiving instead of Christmas this year, my father made sure that all trains were running that weekend.

That is my father in the far background (now 84), my son Craig, my grandkids Tyler and Devon (the older boy and the girl), and two grandnephews, John & Christopher.

The layout on the right was the first (2001), with three continuous HO loops on two levels. In the far left was the 2002 project, one long continuous N-scale loop (winter scene). The layout in the lower left was the 2003 project. It is HO, and has two separate loops. This year's project was the HO shelf layout. It has three tracks with auto-reverse circuits on them. All told, there were 9 trains running for the kids.

Here is a better picture of my father.

What does he have planned for 2005? Why a shelf layout on the right-hand side of the room, of course!

wvrr
Fireman

Posted - 12/02/2004 :  5:53:58 PM  Show Profile  Visit wvrr's Homepage
Bruce,

Greta pictures. Your dad has sure been busy!

Chuck

wvrr
Fireman

Posted - 12/02/2004 :  5:53:58 PM  Show Profile  Visit wvrr's Homepage
Bruce,

Greta pictures. Your dad has sure been busy!

Chuck

Marken
Fireman

Posted - 12/02/2004 :  8:19:16 PM  Show Profile
Great pics Bruce

Do YOU see it...

In memory of Mike Chambers

Page: of 8 Previous Topic: Proto locos in snow pix Topic Next Topic: 20 Car Train  
 New Topic |   Topic Locked | 
Next Page
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-19 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 0.7 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000