Railroad Line Forums - Finally The CVR goes public
Railroad Line Forums
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Sponsors   Support the RRLine   Guestbook   FAQ     Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Live Chat | Avatar Legend | Search | Statistics
Photo Album | File Lister | File Library
[ Active Members: 2 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 62 ]  [ Total: 64 ]  [ Newest Member: dtrocket ]
 All Forums
 Model Railroad Forums
 Small Scale Model Railroad Forum
 Finally The CVR goes public
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Topic Locked | 
Author Previous Topic: FS 5/1/05 Topic Next Topic: IŽd like some comments...
Page: of 4

Drew
Fireman

Posted - 10/15/2004 :  7:25:39 PM  Show Profile
Very nice, Will!
It's great to see your layout coming along like this!
Can't wait to see some more!

-Drew-

"Life is all the stuff that happened while you were making other plans."

Will_Annand
Crew Chief

Posted - 10/15/2004 :  8:45:44 PM  Show Profile  Visit Will_Annand's Homepage
Thanks all.
As to the camera, I am doing some contract work for our hometown Radio Shack up here. The owner, let me sign out on loan a 2.1 Megapixel camera, this weekend I will be able to try a 3MP one. I will keep working up the price range until I find one I really like

As for the layout, I wanted to finish ALL the cork and subroadbed before I laid the track. Unfortunately my next day off is not until Wednesday, so no more work until then.

--
Will Annand
Modeling the CVR in N Scale.
www.muskokacomputes.com/CVR-Home.html

Edited by - Will_Annand on 10/15/2004 8:47:57 PM

Will_Annand
Crew Chief

Posted - 10/15/2004 :  8:45:44 PM  Show Profile  Visit Will_Annand's Homepage
Thanks all.
As to the camera, I am doing some contract work for our hometown Radio Shack up here. The owner, let me sign out on loan a 2.1 Megapixel camera, this weekend I will be able to try a 3MP one. I will keep working up the price range until I find one I really like

As for the layout, I wanted to finish ALL the cork and subroadbed before I laid the track. Unfortunately my next day off is not until Wednesday, so no more work until then.

--
Will Annand

Edited by - Will_Annand on 10/15/2004 8:47:57 PM

Will_Annand
Crew Chief

Posted - 12/26/2004 :  09:48:39 AM  Show Profile  Visit Will_Annand's Homepage
It is the end of my busy season, thank god. What do you know, I did have time to work on my layout.

Last Tuesday the local Home Hardware had 2" foam on sale, I picked up two 2'x8' pieces and had them cut down to 2'x4' so they would fit in my car. They replaced the subroadbed on Modules 01, 02 and 04.

Yesterday. My Uncle came over for dinner and we both did some work on the layout. I even have proof. He snapped this candid shot, I did not even know he had the camera out.

Note the paper layout plans on Module 01, I printed them full size from Atlas RTS. As of this writing, the paper has been replaced by cork roadbed.

The mainline on the left of the shot will start to drop in elevation just above the turnout, it will slowly drop to bench level and run along the rear of the layout, not tunnel, but a semi hidden return. Disappear into the trees as it were.

--
Will Annand

Will_Annand
Crew Chief

Posted - 12/26/2004 :  09:48:39 AM  Show Profile  Visit Will_Annand's Homepage
It is the end of my busy season, thank god. What do you know, I did have time to work on my layout.

Last Tuesday the local Home Hardware had 2" foam on sale, I picked up two 2'x8' pieces and had them cut down to 2'x4' so they would fit in my car. They replaced the subroadbed on Modules 01, 02 and 04.

Yesterday. My Uncle came over for dinner and we both did some work on the layout. I even have proof. He snapped this candid shot, I did not even know he had the camera out.

Note the paper layout plans on Module 01, I printed them full size from Atlas RTS. As of this writing, the paper has been replaced by cork roadbed.

The mainline on the left of the shot will start to drop in elevation just above the turnout, it will slowly drop to bench level and run along the rear of the layout, not tunnel, but a semi hidden return. Disappear into the trees as it were.

--
Will Annand

MikeC
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 12/26/2004 :  11:37:43 AM  Show Profile
Glad to see you're back at it, Will. Hopefully, you'll have a chance to make some real progress in the next few days.

MikeC
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 12/26/2004 :  11:37:43 AM  Show Profile
Glad to see you're back at it, Will. Hopefully, you'll have a chance to make some real progress in the next few days.

Will_Annand
Crew Chief

Posted - 12/27/2004 :  07:12:28 AM  Show Profile  Visit Will_Annand's Homepage
A couple of friends from the local club came up to see my layout on Boxing Day.
I thought they came to answer a few of my questions. Ed, however, had other plans....

He and Danny wanted to work. They started by showing me how to smooth the cork so that the tracks could lay and run smoothly. Then started to lay track and how to solder the wires to the rail joiners so when laid, there are no solder joints visible.

As of right now, I can run the train from the crossover south of Cataract, through Cataract to the end of the center module. On both the main line and passing track.

I have a list of a couple of things I need to buy to aid in the wiring of the layout.

Ed and Danny told me of an easy way to work the control panel, using a sheet of pegboard. You draw out the track plan on the pegboard, then use nuts and bolts in the holes along the track lines where you want to include power blocks. Then you wire up a "Wand" similar to a pencil soldering iron. But when you use the wand and touch a screw head, it toggles the power. The same can be done for the powered switches I have. No need for several toggle switches, just bolts and nuts.

--
Will Annand

Will_Annand
Crew Chief

Posted - 12/27/2004 :  07:12:28 AM  Show Profile  Visit Will_Annand's Homepage
A couple of friends from the local club came up to see my layout on Boxing Day.
I thought they came to answer a few of my questions. Ed, however, had other plans....

He and Danny wanted to work. They started by showing me how to smooth the cork so that the tracks could lay and run smoothly. Then started to lay track and how to solder the wires to the rail joiners so when laid, there are no solder joints visible.

As of right now, I can run the train from the crossover south of Cataract, through Cataract to the end of the center module. On both the main line and passing track.

I have a list of a couple of things I need to buy to aid in the wiring of the layout.

Ed and Danny told me of an easy way to work the control panel, using a sheet of pegboard. You draw out the track plan on the pegboard, then use nuts and bolts in the holes along the track lines where you want to include power blocks. Then you wire up a "Wand" similar to a pencil soldering iron. But when you use the wand and touch a screw head, it toggles the power. The same can be done for the powered switches I have. No need for several toggle switches, just bolts and nuts.

--
Will Annand

ANo10
Fireman

Posted - 12/27/2004 :  11:32:17 AM  Show Profile
Will,

The layout is looking good. You have nice friends to come and help. Keep us posted on your progress.

Jim

ANo10
Fireman

Posted - 12/27/2004 :  11:32:17 AM  Show Profile
Will,

The layout is looking good. You have nice friends to come and help. Keep us posted on your progress.

Jim

Will_Annand
Crew Chief

Posted - 12/27/2004 :  7:17:20 PM  Show Profile  Visit Will_Annand's Homepage
You bet they are Jim and I will keep you fellows posted.
Myself I like building the scenery best, wiring is not my strong suit, so I much appreciated the guys visit.

--
Will Annand

Will_Annand
Crew Chief

Posted - 12/27/2004 :  7:17:20 PM  Show Profile  Visit Will_Annand's Homepage
You bet they are Jim and I will keep you fellows posted.
Myself I like building the scenery best, wiring is not my strong suit, so I much appreciated the guys visit.

--
Will Annand

Will_Annand
Crew Chief

Posted - 01/23/2005 :  9:20:43 PM  Show Profile  Visit Will_Annand's Homepage

As of today, the rails have all been laid on the CVR. Only the turntable spurs have to be completed, but all the mainline and sidings are down. All the various feeder wires are hanging below the bench.

Now comes the hard part, how to wire this thing up so it will work...

This I know nothing about.

--
Will Annand

Will_Annand
Crew Chief

Posted - 01/23/2005 :  9:20:43 PM  Show Profile  Visit Will_Annand's Homepage

As of today, the rails have all been laid on the CVR. Only the turntable spurs have to be completed, but all the mainline and sidings are down. All the various feeder wires are hanging below the bench.

Now comes the hard part, how to wire this thing up so it will work...

This I know nothing about.

--
Will Annand

Page: of 4 Previous Topic: FS 5/1/05 Topic Next Topic: IŽd like some comments...  
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Topic Locked | 
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-19 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 0.77 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000