Railroad Line Forums - A Little Photo Fun
Railroad Line Forums
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Sponsors   Support the RRLine   Guestbook   FAQ     Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Live Chat | Avatar Legend | Search | Statistics
Photo Album | File Lister | File Library
[ Active Members: 3 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 130 ]  [ Total: 133 ]  [ Newest Member: rkovvur ]
 All Forums
 Model Railroad Forums
 Railroad Photography Forum
 A Little Photo Fun
Next Page
 New Topic |   Topic Locked | 
Author Previous Topic: Overall views of your layout Topic Next Topic: City Images
Page: of 6

MikeC
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 09/29/2004 :  10:07:55 AM  Show Profile
Havin' fun with masks and filters in Photoshop. Anyone else do this kind of thing?

TrevorCreek
Fireman

Posted - 09/29/2004 :  11:23:54 AM  Show Profile  Click to see TrevorCreek's MSN Messenger address
Mike,

I have used these features. They give some really neat results. I like to use the water color and the charcol affects. Have you tried any that give you an aged look to the pics like the sepia filter?

Frank

TrevorCreek
Fireman

Posted - 09/29/2004 :  11:23:54 AM  Show Profile  Click to see TrevorCreek's MSN Messenger address
Mike,

I have used these features. They give some really neat results. I like to use the water color and the charcol affects. Have you tried any that give you an aged look to the pics like the sepia filter?

Frank

Rusty Stumps
Fireman

Posted - 09/29/2004 :  11:52:19 AM  Show Profile  Visit Rusty Stumps's Homepage
I've used the posterization effects before. It makes the photo look like a line drawing. Quite effective.

Walt

Rusty Stumps
Fireman

Posted - 09/29/2004 :  11:52:19 AM  Show Profile  Visit Rusty Stumps's Homepage
I've used the posterization effects before. It makes the photo look like a line drawing. Quite effective.

Walt

MikeC
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 09/29/2004 :  12:04:47 PM  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by TrevorCreek

Mike,

Have you tried any that give you an aged look to the pics like the sepia filter?

Frank

I've done sepia, but I really like the results from duotone process colors. The sepia tones and near-sepia tones tend to be a little richer.

I think you guys should post some of your work here. It might be fun. Kind of like the black & white Gallery we had last spring.

MikeC
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 09/29/2004 :  12:04:47 PM  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by TrevorCreek

Mike,

Have you tried any that give you an aged look to the pics like the sepia filter?

Frank

I've done sepia, but I really like the results from duotone process colors. The sepia tones and near-sepia tones tend to be a little richer.

I think you guys should post some of your work here. It might be fun. Kind of like the black & white Gallery we had last spring.

MikeC
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 09/29/2004 :  12:08:33 PM  Show Profile
Frank, here's one I did last spring using duotone colors. I was trying to get a selenium tone instead of sepia with this one.

MikeC
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 09/29/2004 :  12:08:33 PM  Show Profile
Frank, here's one I did last spring using duotone colors. I was trying to get a selenium tone instead of sepia with this one.

Rusty Stumps
Fireman

Posted - 09/29/2004 :  2:19:39 PM  Show Profile  Visit Rusty Stumps's Homepage
Ok Mike, here's a posterization of one of my favorite subjects these days!

Walt

Rusty Stumps
Fireman

Posted - 09/29/2004 :  2:19:39 PM  Show Profile  Visit Rusty Stumps's Homepage
Ok Mike, here's a posterization of one of my favorite subjects these days!

Walt

Tyson Rayles

Premium Member

Posted - 09/29/2004 :  3:06:31 PM  Show Profile
quote:
Havin' fun with masks and filters in Photoshop. Anyone else do this kind of thing?

No, most of us have a life!

All kidding aside Rusty's pic is quite stunning, looks almost like a regular photo taken after it just snowed.

Tyson Rayles

Premium Member

Posted - 09/29/2004 :  3:06:31 PM  Show Profile
quote:

No, most of us have a life!

All kidding aside Rusty's pic is quite stunning, looks almost like a regular photo taken after it just snowed.

Dutchman
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 09/29/2004 :  4:51:45 PM  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by MikeC

Mike, I've gone as far as purchasing the book "Photoshop 7 for Dummies", but I haven't even cracked the cover.

Dutchman
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 09/29/2004 :  4:51:45 PM  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by MikeC

Mike, I've gone as far as purchasing the book "Photoshop 7 for Dummies", but I haven't even cracked the cover.

On30fan
Crew Chief

Posted - 09/30/2004 :  3:11:53 PM  Show Profile
I found a program that came with my computer, called PhotoImpact. It seems to work similar to PhotoShop. I messed around for a couple of minutes today and came up with these 2 pics.

Cheers,
Steve
San Juan Lumber Company
Niagara Frontier Traction Company

Page: of 6 Previous Topic: Overall views of your layout Topic Next Topic: City Images  
 New Topic |   Topic Locked | 
Next Page
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-19 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 0.44 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000