Railroad Line Forums - ON30 Stamp Mill Photos
Railroad Line Forums
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Sponsors   Support the RRLine   Guestbook   FAQ     Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Live Chat | Avatar Legend | Search | Statistics
Photo Album | File Lister | File Library
[ Active Members: 8 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 58 ]  [ Total: 66 ]  [ Newest Member: detective35 ]
 All Forums
 Model Railroad Forums
 The On30 Line
 ON30 Stamp Mill Photos
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Topic Locked |   Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: Part of my logging area. Topic Next Topic: Differences between ON30 and HO  

on30
Engine Wiper

Posted - 05/19/2004 :  12:56:08 PM  Show Profile
Head over to:

http://home.insightbb.com/~bama000/wsb/html/view.cgi-photos.html-.html

to view some photos of my recently completed Muleshoe Mining & Amalgam stamp mill. I had entered it in last weeks regional convention model contest at Pittsburg, along with several other on30 models. A couple other on30 modelers had entries in a wide selection of categories and together we took the majority of the top finish trophies in a predominantly HO contest. Our niche is rapidly gaining in popularity. All I can say is that it's about time. Sorry about the pitiful and bleak gallery/website. I'm more comfortable with sticks and glue. Enjoy

inspecbri
Engine Wiper

Posted - 05/19/2004 :  3:39:37 PM  Show Profile
On30...What is the name of the modeler who produces the fine and exquisite work. I saw your site and was extremely impressed with your Stamp Mill and other models. Beautiful...well done! Would love to see some larger close ups if possible.

Brian

inspecbri
Engine Wiper

Posted - 05/19/2004 :  3:39:37 PM  Show Profile
On30...What is the name of the modeler who produces the fine and exquisite work. I saw your site and was extremely impressed with your Stamp Mill and other models. Beautiful...well done! Would love to see some larger close ups if possible.

Brian

on30
Engine Wiper

Posted - 05/19/2004 :  7:49:38 PM  Show Profile
I'm Michael Bama Harman, MMR #317 out of Louisville Kentucky. Just recently found the bulletin board and have been very impressed with the work that the others have posted here. Your compliments are generous and I thank you for taking the time to peek at the photos. The stampmill shots were scanned in at 300 dpi but I guess I forgot to jack up the size to allow for better viewing. I'll see what I can do to remedy that situation. I began modeling about three years ago after taking my son to a train show to buy Thomas stuff. Ever since I've been at it at least three hours a day during weekdays and I try to put in another dozen on weekends as time allows. I often model in the wee hours when the house is quiet, too. So far I'm on my third layout, published several construction articles in MRG as well as had the first layout featured. The second layout will be featured in the July issue of Scale Rails along with the article on this mill. I'm deep into construction on the third layout now. I partner with Fran & Miles Hale's Model Railroad Builders and was an instructor for the 2003 NMRA Modeling with the Masters. I teach casting, spiking turnouts and layout scenery classes in the seminars for Model Railroading University. I also have a humorous clinic on Combat Modeling Techniques that emphasises a total disrespect for any form of the social graces. I do this railroad stuff for fun, but hey... a few bucks on the side never hurts when shopping for choo choo things. I try to share everything I ever learned with anybody who asks or is having a problem. My wife hates my hobby and the kids could care less. The lawn looks like hell and I've got twenty odd projects rolling at any given time. Jeez model railroading is fun!!!

on30
Engine Wiper

Posted - 05/19/2004 :  7:49:38 PM  Show Profile
I'm Michael Bama Harman, MMR #317 out of Louisville Kentucky. Just recently found the bulletin board and have been very impressed with the work that the others have posted here. Your compliments are generous and I thank you for taking the time to peek at the photos. The stampmill shots were scanned in at 300 dpi but I guess I forgot to jack up the size to allow for better viewing. I'll see what I can do to remedy that situation. I began modeling about three years ago after taking my son to a train show to buy Thomas stuff. Ever since I've been at it at least three hours a day during weekdays and I try to put in another dozen on weekends as time allows. I often model in the wee hours when the house is quiet, too. So far I'm on my third layout, published several construction articles in MRG as well as had the first layout featured. The second layout will be featured in the July issue of Scale Rails along with the article on this mill. I'm deep into construction on the third layout now. I partner with Fran & Miles Hale's Model Railroad Builders and was an instructor for the 2003 NMRA Modeling with the Masters. I teach casting, spiking turnouts and layout scenery classes in the seminars for Model Railroading University. I also have a humorous clinic on Combat Modeling Techniques that emphasises a total disrespect for any form of the social graces. I do this railroad stuff for fun, but hey... a few bucks on the side never hurts when shopping for choo choo things. I try to share everything I ever learned with anybody who asks or is having a problem. My wife hates my hobby and the kids could care less. The lawn looks like hell and I've got twenty odd projects rolling at any given time. Jeez model railroading is fun!!!

Previous Topic: Part of my logging area. Topic Next Topic: Differences between ON30 and HO  
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Topic Locked |   Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-14 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 0.17 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000