Railroad Line Forums - Fresh from the "paint booth".
Railroad Line Forums
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Sponsors   Support the RRLine   Guestbook   FAQ     Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Live Chat | Avatar Legend | Search | Statistics
Photo Album | File Lister | File Library
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 79 ]  [ Total: 79 ]  [ Newest Member: jfields ]
 All Forums
 Model Railroad Forums
 Railroad Photography Forum
 Fresh from the "paint booth".
Next Page
 New Topic |   Topic Locked | 
Author Previous Topic: THE GALLERY: November, 2003: Cabeese! Topic Next Topic: Pictures of my models both finished and in progres
Page: of 2

R.Geiter
Engine Wiper

Posted - 11/27/2003 :  10:10:39 PM  Show Profile
I decided to change from white lettering to silver lettering on the CPEN. The new silver lettering will look a lot better with the silver undrebody. Here are the first two to get the new look. These former Conrail units will retain their CR numbers while under the ownership of the Central Penn. Stay tuned because there's plenty more on the way.

wvrr
Fireman

Posted - 11/27/2003 :  10:14:15 PM  Show Profile  Visit wvrr's Homepage
They both look really nice!

Chuck

wvrr
Fireman

Posted - 11/27/2003 :  10:14:15 PM  Show Profile  Visit wvrr's Homepage
They both look really nice!

Chuck

R.Geiter
Engine Wiper

Posted - 11/27/2003 :  10:19:07 PM  Show Profile
Here is a pic of the first loco to get the phase 5 scheme. This was also the first six axle loco the CPEN purchased. (former CSX unit)

R.Geiter
Engine Wiper

Posted - 11/27/2003 :  10:19:07 PM  Show Profile
Here is a pic of the first loco to get the phase 5 scheme. This was also the first six axle loco the CPEN purchased. (former CSX unit)

anbhurst

Premium Member

Posted - 11/27/2003 :  11:16:09 PM  Show Profile
Bob,

Some really nice looking engines. I was wondering if the cab stayed in its original color on #9240 as there appears to be a shade varience with the hood and box. It's not enought to make that much difference. Also, your weathering on the '9' is very realistic.

Allen

Allen
Modeling the East in the West on the Northeastern Pacific RIM, Oregon, that is!

anbhurst

Premium Member

Posted - 11/27/2003 :  11:16:09 PM  Show Profile
Bob,

Some really nice looking engines. I was wondering if the cab stayed in its original color on #9240 as there appears to be a shade varience with the hood and box. It's not enought to make that much difference. Also, your weathering on the '9' is very realistic.

Allen

Allen
Modeling the East in the West on the Northeastern Pacific RIM, Oregon, that is!

R.Geiter
Engine Wiper

Posted - 11/27/2003 :  11:53:33 PM  Show Profile
Here is another NW2 that I just finished up. This one was acquired from the "Ebay Locomotive Group". (ELG) This loco only cost the CPEN $42.95. The loco was mostly assembled, but had a few missing parts. ( You can go to the KATO site and purchase a NW2 shell, plus all of the hand railings etc., for around $10. It's good to have some extra parts around.) Anyway, this NW2 was a former SP unit # 1312, now it lives as CPEN # 1312.

R.Geiter
Engine Wiper

Posted - 11/27/2003 :  11:53:33 PM  Show Profile
Here is another NW2 that I just finished up. This one was acquired from the "Ebay Locomotive Group". (ELG) This loco only cost the CPEN $42.95. The loco was mostly assembled, but had a few missing parts. ( You can go to the KATO site and purchase a NW2 shell, plus all of the hand railings etc., for around $10. It's good to have some extra parts around.) Anyway, this NW2 was a former SP unit # 1312, now it lives as CPEN # 1312.

R.Geiter
Engine Wiper

Posted - 11/28/2003 :  12:07:57 AM  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by anbhurst

Bob,

Some really nice looking engines. I was wondering if the cab stayed in its original color on #9240 as there appears to be a shade variance with the hood and box.

Allen

I had some problems while decaling. I ended up having have to strip the cab and repaint it. Under normal lighting conditions the color difference doesn't show up as much. The really weird part is, that it's the same color red, but from a different bottle. This is not the first time that I have had variances in the Badger paints. I'm probably going to switch back to Polly Scale paints soon. I have had excellent results with Polly S before. You see, I was looking to save a few bucks, so I switched to the Badger stuff. My bad

R.Geiter
Engine Wiper

Posted - 11/28/2003 :  12:07:57 AM  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by anbhurst

Bob,

Some really nice looking engines. I was wondering if the cab stayed in its original color on #9240 as there appears to be a shade variance with the hood and box.

Allen

I had some problems while decaling. I ended up having have to strip the cab and repaint it. Under normal lighting conditions the color difference doesn't show up as much. The really weird part is, that it's the same color red, but from a different bottle. This is not the first time that I have had variances in the Badger paints. I'm probably going to switch back to Polly Scale paints soon. I have had excellent results with Polly S before. You see, I was looking to save a few bucks, so I switched to the Badger stuff. My bad

MikeC
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 11/28/2003 :  12:13:27 AM  Show Profile
Bob, these are some great looking locos. As always, you've done a very nice job with painting, detailing, and weathering. And as always when I see your photos, I'm almost tempted to switch to the diesel era.

Thanks for the photos.

MikeC
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 11/28/2003 :  12:13:27 AM  Show Profile
Bob, these are some great looking locos. As always, you've done a very nice job with painting, detailing, and weathering. And as always when I see your photos, I'm almost tempted to switch to the diesel era.

Thanks for the photos.

bpate
Fireman

Posted - 11/28/2003 :  12:53:13 AM  Show Profile
Bob, That is great paintwork. I take it that the CPEN is your roadname? As I am not familiar with the region you are modelling I could appreciate it more if you could give me a brief overview. I like the subtle weathering on 9015.

bpate
Fireman

Posted - 11/28/2003 :  12:53:13 AM  Show Profile
Bob, That is great paintwork. I take it that the CPEN is your roadname? As I am not familiar with the region you are modelling I could appreciate it more if you could give me a brief overview. I like the subtle weathering on 9015.

R.Geiter
Engine Wiper

Posted - 11/28/2003 :  10:50:59 AM  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by bpate

Thanks for all the great comments.

The Central Pennsylvania, also known as the Central Penn (CPEN), is a freelanced regional railroad I created. I created this railroad so I could run some of the older types of locos out there, that would not fit in with the CONRAIL era that I model. I primarly model CONRAIL CSX and Norfolk Southern, prior to the merger. The Central Penn has grown so big here lately that It seems to have taken over the layout.

Page: of 2 Previous Topic: THE GALLERY: November, 2003: Cabeese! Topic Next Topic: Pictures of my models both finished and in progres  
 New Topic |   Topic Locked | 
Next Page
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-19 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 0.48 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000